• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Intellectuals Take 2

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
My background for typing. Have read the following:

Gifts Differing
Please Understand Me II
Principles of Typology
Personality Type - Ans Owner's Manual
Psychological Types

Many have questioned my typings of NTJ/NTPs.

My personal creed:

NTPs (Ne + Ti) = Pursues pure reflections. Seeks to subdue reality to internal reason. Champions principles that sometimes seem so far removed from reality that non-academics write them off.

NTJs (Te + Ni) = Pursues tangliable goals in the outer world. Seeks to subdue internal reason to their (present) objectives in the outer world. This is why NTJs often end up as CEOs: They are naturals at dictating objectives and subordinating everything else to them.

My typings:

PhilosopherTypes

All *argued* disagreement is welcome.

If you have a different creed regarding the workings of the functions, we will probably not agree. That's okay too.

(For example, BlueWing thinks that INTJs who are intellectually honest will somehow distance themselves from the directive impulses of Ni+Te and become more dispassionate analysands a la INTPs.)