User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    1w2

Default Why are there no ExxJ and ISJ entertainers or artists?

According to this forum very few ESTJs, ESFJs, ENFJs, ENTJs, and ISJs act, sing, dance, write, or do anything related to the arts or creativity. It also seems like these types don't invent things, run companies (except for ENTJs...ESTJs are best a "middle management"), or appear on Ted.com. Most politicians are evidently ExTPs. Evidently these types do litter Fox News Channel.

Really people? I don't want a list of EJ and ISJ celebrities, I just want to know how people don't view this as a serious flaw in celebrity typings.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    According to this forum very few ESTJs, ESFJs, ENFJs, ENTJs, and ISJs act, sing, dance, write, or do anything related to the arts or creativity. It also seems like these types don't invent things, run companies (except for ENTJs...ESTJs are best a "middle management"), or appear on Ted.com. Most politicians are evidently ExTPs. Evidently these types do litter Fox News Channel.
    The key to your answer is in bold.

Enneagram
    1w2

Yah, I know that but I want people to think!!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Yah, I know that but I want people to think!!
    You ask far too much of us.

Probably because there aren't many famous ones around. They certainly exist, I don't think anyone is disputing that. Off the top of my head:

ENTJ: James Cameron
    ENFJ: Martin Scorsese
    ISTJ: Tommy Lee Jones
    Hello

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Probably because there aren't many famous ones around. They certainly exist, I don't think anyone is disputing that. Off the top of my head:

ENTJ: James Cameron
    ENFJ: Martin Scorsese
    ISTJ: Tommy Lee Jones
    LOL, did you just answer my question with my own question?

I think many people are seeing what they want to see in celebrities and claiming their type, not that there aren't very many.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    You ask far too much of us.
    Agreed.

Basically, a lot of celebrity typing on this forum (and on most online sites) is complete and utter B.S. In general, the best way to type a famous person is not to listen to online typing sites or forums, but instead to observe a conversation or interview with them and even better - notice their actions over time. Like you (proteanmix) said, typing of celebrities on a forum like this is a serious flaw.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

People can say SJs lack creativity, but I won't get into that, even if there is a negative correlation there. There are other reasons why we might not see tons of SJs in the arts.

Venturing to become a self-sufficient entertainer or artist is one of the least practical career choices one can make. So right off the bat, that goes against SJ Guardian sensibilities. Also, most people don't grow up in families and communities of entertainers and artists. If this were so, I'd wager we'd see more SJs in the arts, because of peer reinforcement.

I do think there are plenty of ExxJ entertainers though, proteanmix. Mostly ExFJs.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

I agree with VagrantFrance. And ajblasie about ExFJs in the arts.

Off the top of my head, all I keep getting is Ivanka Trump (ISTJ).

LOL, did you just answer my question with my own question?
    Buh?

You asked why ESTJs, ESFJS, ENTJs etc. don't get typed that often as entertainers or artists, and I gave an explanation. It's easy to say that the people on this forum are biased toward their own type or some silly dismissive bollocks, but what's wrong with it simply being "there aren't as many famous celebrity SJs as there are famous celebrity NFs and SPs"? No one is saying they can't be, that's just reading something out of nothing. There aren't that many celebrity NTs either (certainly not compared to SPs and NFs) and you don't see them making this silly observation and calling its bluff.
    Hello