• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why are there no ExxJ and ISJ entertainers or artists?

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
According to this forum very few ESTJs, ESFJs, ENFJs, ENTJs, and ISJs act, sing, dance, write, or do anything related to the arts or creativity. It also seems like these types don't invent things, run companies (except for ENTJs...ESTJs are best a "middle management"), or appear on Ted.com. Most politicians are evidently ExTPs. Evidently these types do litter Fox News Channel.

Really people? I don't want a list of EJ and ISJ celebrities, I just want to know how people don't view this as a serious flaw in celebrity typings.

Well I've noticed that people in business tend to get typed as J more often. Could it be a J type preference fits the business world better and a P type preference fits the entertainment world better? Overall I think this is true.

When it comes to acting P's outnumber the J's easily. Trying to make a living out of acting is risky which would be an attraction for ExxP's and a turn off to other types. Also one important skill that an actor needs is to respond to the other actors. This sort of thing is easier for P's to learn.

When it comes to music I think Fi types tend to dominate music writing. However any type could perform or play an instrument.

I actually think dance favors J's more than P's, but I don't know enough dancers to be sure.

Writing tends to favor either introversion or intuition (or both). I doubt there are many ESxx writers.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because it is a part of the definitional logic of the people here. EJs and ISJs aren't supposed to be artists, so they aren't. If you are an artist, you will never be typed as one of those, thus preserving the prestine stereotype.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
there are, tho they're a different kind of artist/entertainer. and, mostly an intuitive forum, we're rarely interested in those genres of art/entertainment. sorry new mel gibson flick, i just dont' want to watch you. no matter how many bad guys you headbutt.

and to say that nf e4 and e5 are no more driven to create an artistic view than an e6 or e2 sj is just absurd. the whole identity/ego complex is built on something so different. or an e3 and e7 entertainer, they are born to do what they do.

with that said, there are quite a few istj actors. their craftsmanship and attention to detail shines thru. and isfj actors. and occasionally graphic designers, painters, woodworkers, writers, and musicians. in the performing arts (thinking classical music, probably ballet, etc), sjs do better. their work ethic and consistency come in handy. lot of sj physical trainers as well.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I've always thought a lot of big time players in the rap industry were ENTJ. I think Jay-Z is ENTJ.... maybe puffy, DJ khaled, etc.

Fecal McAngry

According to this forum very few ESTJs, ESFJs, ENFJs, ENTJs, and ISJs act, sing, dance, write, or do anything related to the arts or creativity. It also seems like these types don't invent things, run companies (except for ENTJs...ESTJs are best a "middle management"), or appear on Ted.com. Most politicians are evidently ExTPs. Evidently these types do litter Fox News Channel.

Really people? I don't want a list of EJ and ISJ celebrities, I just want to know how people don't view this as a serious flaw in celebrity typings.
It may be true that this forum attracts few of those types, but there certainly are creative and celebrated people of those types...

As you know, most celebrity typings are crap...

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
and occasionally graphic designers, painters, woodworkers, writers, and musicians. in the performing arts (thinking classical music, probably ballet, etc), sjs do better. their work ethic and consistency come in handy. lot of sj physical trainers as well.

I actually see a lot of IS_J graphic designers! Good observation. They are artists... you just don't know who has done it. It's more behind the scenes.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP

I see no problem.
There are NTJ and XTJ inventors. I have known them.

Art is a P thing. Read Jane Piirto: Feeling Boys and Thinking girls.
Everything is as it should be. Do not worry.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I would offer some typological theories as to why SJs might be less inclined to engage in artistic pursuits, but then I'd get bashed for generalizing. Seems like a pretty trendy thing to do on this forum nowadays...:rolli: Oh wait, was that a generalization too? :doh:

Outside of typological reasons, it's possible that since this forum is N-heavy (and particularly NP heavy) with very few SJs around and most S-types being SPs, that we type celebrities here as Ns, NPs, and SPs because we admire them and want to be able to associate such admirable people with our own traits/type.

So it's an issue of how SJs are defined and how this definition doesn't leave much room for them to be artistically inclined and also an issue of personal biases on this forum.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Well I can't speak for all ENFJs but I can speak for myself...I am definitely the creative type:

My job - Advertising and design work (yes I do the design myself), although I am self-employed which is characteristically ENFJ

Painting - Yep, I paint and have shown/sold a few pieces and done some commissioned work.

Writing - Had poetry published, currently working on a fiction novel.

"Acting" - Did a couple commercials, was once featured on a TV drama (no lines though...just lot of oogling :) )

Radio - Worked in radio for a while did some on-air stuff.

As hobbies I anjoy cooking, gardening and home improvements - all becuase of the creative element.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree completely with Magic, and with others, that it's a stereotype thing. Also, it's a mistyping thing.

The personas of a lot of rappers strike me as being SJ. Diddy always struck me as being ISTJ (in image, anyways), especially in his cologne ads that I've seen in magazines. The whole Italian mafia image that a lot of rappers try to invoke is VERY xSTJ. Even if they aren't that type irl, it's a significant part of the music industry right now.

Edit: 900th post! w00t! :party:

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
That's because people like to have opinions about things. They will just spit out the first type that comes to mind when they hear the right words.
Funny = ESFP
Controlling = ENTJ
Antisocial = INTP

SHEEP! ALL OF YOU!