User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    According to this forum very few ESTJs, ESFJs, ENFJs, ENTJs, and ISJs act, sing, dance, write, or do anything related to the arts or creativity. It also seems like these types don't invent things, run companies (except for ENTJs...ESTJs are best a "middle management"), or appear on Ted.com. Most politicians are evidently ExTPs. Evidently these types do litter Fox News Channel.

Really people? I don't want a list of EJ and ISJ celebrities, I just want to know how people don't view this as a serious flaw in celebrity typings.
    Well I've noticed that people in business tend to get typed as J more often. Could it be a J type preference fits the business world better and a P type preference fits the entertainment world better? Overall I think this is true.

When it comes to acting P's outnumber the J's easily. Trying to make a living out of acting is risky which would be an attraction for ExxP's and a turn off to other types. Also one important skill that an actor needs is to respond to the other actors. This sort of thing is easier for P's to learn.

When it comes to music I think Fi types tend to dominate music writing. However any type could perform or play an instrument.

I actually think dance favors J's more than P's, but I don't know enough dancers to be sure.

Writing tends to favor either introversion or intuition (or both). I doubt there are many ESxx writers.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Because it is a part of the definitional logic of the people here. EJs and ISJs aren't supposed to be artists, so they aren't. If you are an artist, you will never be typed as one of those, thus preserving the prestine stereotype.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

^there it is.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

there are, tho they're a different kind of artist/entertainer. and, mostly an intuitive forum, we're rarely interested in those genres of art/entertainment. sorry new mel gibson flick, i just dont' want to watch you. no matter how many bad guys you headbutt.

and to say that nf e4 and e5 are no more driven to create an artistic view than an e6 or e2 sj is just absurd. the whole identity/ego complex is built on something so different. or an e3 and e7 entertainer, they are born to do what they do.

with that said, there are quite a few istj actors. their craftsmanship and attention to detail shines thru. and isfj actors. and occasionally graphic designers, painters, woodworkers, writers, and musicians. in the performing arts (thinking classical music, probably ballet, etc), sjs do better. their work ethic and consistency come in handy. lot of sj physical trainers as well.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I've always thought a lot of big time players in the rap industry were ENTJ. I think Jay-Z is ENTJ.... maybe puffy, DJ khaled, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Probably because there aren't many famous ones around. They certainly exist, I don't think anyone is disputing that. Off the top of my head:

ENTJ: James Cameron
    ENFJ: Martin Scorsese
    ISTJ: Tommy Lee Jones
    All of those typings are wrong.

According to this forum very few ESTJs, ESFJs, ENFJs, ENTJs, and ISJs act, sing, dance, write, or do anything related to the arts or creativity. It also seems like these types don't invent things, run companies (except for ENTJs...ESTJs are best a "middle management"), or appear on Ted.com. Most politicians are evidently ExTPs. Evidently these types do litter Fox News Channel.

Really people? I don't want a list of EJ and ISJ celebrities, I just want to know how people don't view this as a serious flaw in celebrity typings.
    It may be true that this forum attracts few of those types, but there certainly are creative and celebrated people of those types...

As you know, most celebrity typings are crap...

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    All of those typings are wrong.
    Well of course they are. Vagrant didn't consult the great Fecal McAngry, the only true Type Master.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    and occasionally graphic designers, painters, woodworkers, writers, and musicians. in the performing arts (thinking classical music, probably ballet, etc), sjs do better. their work ethic and consistency come in handy. lot of sj physical trainers as well.
    I actually see a lot of IS_J graphic designers! Good observation. They are artists... you just don't know who has done it. It's more behind the scenes.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTP

I see no problem.
    There are NTJ and XTJ inventors. I have known them.

Art is a P thing. Read Jane Piirto: Feeling Boys and Thinking girls.
    Everything is as it should be. Do not worry.