MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Default Revolutionary Road

Frank Wheeler: ENFJ? Enneagram Type 3?
    April: ENFP/INFP...? I don't know. She seemed Enneagram Type 4.

John Givings: xNTP... Type 8?

Helen Givings: ESFj Type 2
    Howard Givings: INTP Type 5

I guess the health of the characters depends on your perspective.
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

oh i loved the movie. especially first 30 minutes. i was thinking "god, i am watching my inner dialogues on tv finally"... later it went off road

i have no idea of their types.

i think Leo was probably SFJ. I mean.. he seamed NFJ in the beginning... when he was under her influence... :/ but later went pretty much SJ way.

she could very well be INFP haha

if john givings is the math guy... haha... well yeah probably XNTP, he was expressive and all but doesnt mean he needs to be E because of that... And again, why is every mathematician portraited as insane always LOL. it was always scaring me away from that career!!!

i need to watch the movie again i was distracted when i watched it the first time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

I agree xNTP is probably a better fit for John.

Any idea on their neighbors' types?
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

MBTI
    INFP

Kate Winslet's character is not human; therefore, she has no type.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_Spaghetti View Post
    I agree xNTP is probably a better fit for John.

Any idea on their neighbors' types?
    yeah, Helen neighbor is ESFJ....obvious ESFJ. her husband dont remember.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

John Givings seemed more like an Unhealthy INTJ (Type 5), at least to me.

He shows up half way through, see everyone for what they are and proceeds to abrasively pull their heads out of their asses. He had some sort of impairment, however, possibly Schizophrenia or Manic depression.

I don't even care about the others, since he was the best character in the movie.

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

I saw this movie this weekend I loved, loved, loved it!!! I could totally relate to the Kate Wislet character.

I would say April: ENFJ (fo shizel - especially based on the way she is prodding frank to "be the man he is meant to be" and seeing all of his "potential". This is very, very xNFJ and she was most cerrtainly an E)

Frank: eSFj (slightly e and slightly j - just enough j to ultimately settle into convention, but appears more eSFp at the beginning).

Helen - ESFJ

John - INTJ or INTP (I loved his character - so unvarnished)

I heard for more than one person that this movie was OK, but I thought it totally rocked
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Oedipa_Maas View Post
    John Givings seemed more like an Unhealthy INTJ (Type 5), at least to me.

He shows up half way through, see everyone for what they are and proceeds to abrasively pull their heads out of their asses. He had some sort of impairment, however, possibly Schizophrenia or Manic depression.

I don't even care about the others, since he was the best character in the movie.
    I think he received an award from at least one major movie critic group for that performance.

I find it hard to type people with personality disorders. In this case, all we know is that John was a mathematician who had lost the ability to think well due to extensive electroshock therapy. It was difficult to determine if his personality was so abrasive and direct because he was J or because of his experiences with his illness and frustration over his losses. It's still not a far cry to think him a more antisocial INTP driven by bitterness and lack of social grace; I've seen it on other forums, even.

In any case, there was even a throwaway joke about the "crazy guy" .... people who are "mad" have often acted as the writer's mouthpiece in cinema and theater.

Helen = ESFJ, I agree with that one. it was ironic to watch her dissociate from her earlier opinions of the Wheelers and turn on them, and watch her husband shut her out because he just tired of listening to her.

not really sure on types for the two protagonists. I see why people have said ENTP, and Frank has some external trappings of that type in how he engages people... but my issue with Frank is that he's played by DiCapprio, who comes across as an F to me and I don't particularly think he's a good actor at times. I feel like his actual personality filters into his character portrayals, muddying type reads. I think with the same script Frank might have come across much differently if played by a more coherent and consistent actor.

There is definitely an E vs I thing here, however. April's definitely an I. Frank behaved a lot more like an EFP type in terms of their arguments, where April was very I. From the start, he could not handle a disagreement in their relationship and would at first try to be nice and over-accommodating, then get frustrated when she did not play along and stroke him, and come after her demanding resolution; she meanwhile needed space to think clearly and felt disrespected and overwhelmed by him and would try to withdraw. The fight at the end was actually remarkable, where he pursues her and then for the first time in his life actually listens to her and gives her space; it's unfortunate that his choice to respect her in this situation, finally, was punished so severely by the choices she used her space to decide upon.

ENTP can sometimes also come across as F, due to extensive use of the Fe function, which they use to engage people and win them over. it's a grounding function for them.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by JoSunshine View Post
    I saw this movie this weekend I loved, loved, loved it!!! I could totally relate to the Kate Wislet character.

I would say April: ENFJ (fo shizel - especially based on the way she is prodding frank to "be the man he is meant to be" and seeing all of his "potential". This is very, very xNFJ and she was most cerrtainly an E)

Frank: eSFj (slightly e and slightly j - just enough j to ultimately settle into convention, but appears more eSFp at the beginning).

Helen - ESFJ

John - INTJ or INTP (I loved his character - so unvarnished)

I heard for more than one person that this movie was OK, but I thought it totally rocked
    Wow... I was off on April. lol And Frank... You make good points.
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

There is definitely an E vs I thing here, however. April's definitely an I. Frank behaved a lot more like an EFP type in terms of their arguments, where April was very I. From the start, he could not handle a disagreement in their relationship and would at first try to be nice and over-accommodating, then get frustrated when she did not play along and stroke him, and come after her demanding resolution; she meanwhile needed space to think clearly and felt disrespected and overwhelmed by him and would try to withdraw. The fight at the end was actually remarkable, where he pursues her and then for the first time in his life actually listens to her and gives her space; it's unfortunate that his choice to respect her in this situation, finally, was punished so severely by the choices she used her space to decide upon.

ENTP can sometimes also come across as F, due to extensive use of the Fe function, which they use to engage people and win them over. it's a grounding function for them.
    Hmm... I can see that too. What about ENFP? (just throwing out possibilities)
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp