User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

""I used to think INFJ for him too, but after the last book, I'm thinking more I/ENTJ. He's learned to FAKE personal interest in people over the many decades of his life, but this personal interest simply wasn't there when he was younger. In fact, even INTJ remains iffy for me, because a normal INTJ would have cared about his sick little sister (Tertiary Fi) far more than Dumbledore did when he was young. Also, I'm not so sure about him being an Introvert: he seems reclusive *when seen through Harry's eyes*, but that doesn't mean much. As the Headmaster, he would have a social life that Harry would know next-to-nothing about. We do know that throughout his life, he was deeply involved in all sorts of groups and common ventures, and that he's *always* seen himself as a leader. So for all those reasons, I'm tempted to type him as ENTJ."" (wandering wrote)

By the way, wandering, I love how you illustrate hermione's INFJ prefs. There is no way I could've done that half as well.
    Now I'm going to have to dissagree about dumbledore. He is an INTP, and I've been sure about that for a fairly long time.

He approaches morality and relationships in a distinctly Ti way. A lot of older NTPs have done what he goes about whether it's Beebe (ENTP) defining integrity (he's pretty old now, and it seems like integrity is almost a theme of half of his stuff), or Kant's 'if everybody did' ethic. These types have a lot to say about morality as they get older, and they say it all to other people! This is what I notice dumbledore doing to, he lectures harry on the importance of love, it's also a theme of why voldemort became evil. (by the way, aspirational INTROVERTED feeling (E_TJ) has more of a 'I love you, but that's none of your bussiness' aspect (von franz lecture), and feeling for E_TJs evokes central ideas like 'justice' 'honor' that they are much less likely to attempt to articulate to others.) I would say that Dumbledore's inferior feeling is definately extraverted. By the way, your 'faking affection' is more of an inferior extraverted feeling thing. (However, I do think his affection for harry is genuine and uncalculated, especially in the 'ghost of dumbledore' scene)
    Dumbledore's original sin was selfish neglect of his sister when he was fixated on the ideas of Grindewald (a probable ENTJ). What we know at the end is that a big portion of dumbledore's life is devoted to making amends to the world for his original actions.
    On a less serious note, I think dumbledore's use of the Pensieve is actually a wonderful picture of tertiary Si. When he explains its use to harry, he talks about how for him it's a bit of a hobby (tertiary function alert) to look through his memories using this thing.
    In fact, everything to do with the pensieve is approached by dumbledore through Ne and Si. Ne would be the auxiliary function (parent archetype), and it definately reflects how he uses this to teach harry as much as possible about voldemort's past and explaining the present and speculating on the future in terms of this. The way he puts together the puzzle of the horcruxes is verry Ne. Back to the parenting aspect, and it involves knowing what voldemort is about, and exactly what he's up to by looking into the past and present and by pragmatic speculation.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

The way I see it:

Harry: ISFP
    Hermione: ISFJ
    Ron: ESFP
    Draco: ENTP
    McGonagall: ISTJ
    Dumbledore: INTJ
    Snape: INFJ
    Voldemort: INTJ
    Twins: ENTP
    Sirius: ENFP
    Lupin: INFP

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Alrischa View Post
    The way I see it:

Harry: ISFP
    Hermione: ISFJ
    Ron: ESFP
    Draco: ENTP
    McGonagall: ISTJ
    Dumbledore: INTJ
    Snape: INFJ
    Voldemort: INTJ
    Twins: ENTP
    Sirius: ENFP
    Lupin: INFP
    Snape, NF? OH, no, he's such an NT it makes my back teeth hurt.

MBTI
    eNTj
    Enneagram
    8w7

Here's how this MBTI test classifies them:

Pirate Monkeys Inc.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Chemgrl82 View Post
    Here's how this MBTI test classifies them:

Pirate Monkeys Inc.
    95% bullshit.
    Interesting background pictures though.

i do think sirius was an ENTP. as for the rest, most are wrong, except for Draco and Molly Weasley.

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't see Hermione as an N. She has a need to study everything step-by-step in regard to her classes, which is indicative of S. (I, and many of the other N types I know, never had to study much at all in high school despite taking the most advanced classes.) She strikes me as xSTJ. Her know-it-all-ness is indicative of Te.

Harry = I agree with IxFP.

Luna = Definite INFP, it's blatantly obvious. She's too 'dreamy' to be a T type.
    j'adore les chats

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

^Lol, not necessarily true for iNtuitives. Otherwise, we would all be straight-A students, haha! However, SJ makes sense for Hermione.
    I would agree that the study habits of an N are different than those of an S.
    I tend to think through everything I learned in class and if there is something I don't get so much, I'll look over it, otherwise, I don't see a need too.
    I don't study in a 'step-by-step' manner.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    ^Lol, not necessarily true for iNtuitives. Otherwise, we would all be straight-A students, haha! However, SJ makes sense for Hermione.
    No, not all the N types in my classes had straight A's, but they did tend to do fairly well with less studying. The S types who got straight A's tended to study their behinds off

I would agree that the study habits of an N are different than those of an S.
    I tend to think through everything I learned in class and if there is something I don't get so much, I'll look over it, otherwise, I don't see a need too.
    I don't study in a 'step-by-step' manner.
    Yah same, if I even study, lol.
    j'adore les chats

MBTI
    INXJ

Default Harry Potter MB types

Harry Potter ISFP; Ron Weasley ISTP; Hermoine Granger INTJ (though her campaign to free the house elves seemed pretty NFish); Voldemort/Tom Riddle INTJ; Severus Snape INTJ; Dumbledore ENTP; Luna Lovegood INTJ; Sirius Black ESTP; Draco Malfoy ENTJ; Weasley twins ENTP; Mrs. Weasley ESFJ; Hagrid ISFJ