First 2345614 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm beginning to think Hermione is an ENTJ because she is extremely structured and principled, suggesting Te dominance. I also think she is an N because she's much more interested in the theory than the practice (unless the practice is absolutely necessary).

MBTI
    ENTP

Harry Potter - ISFP
    Ron Weasely - ESFP? I always thought of him as an E, though. Why does everyone think he's an I?
    Hermione Granger - ISTJ, perhaps.
    Luna Lovegood (You gotta love her) - INFP. An extreme one at that
    Molly Weasely - ESFJ
    Percy Weasely - ESTJ. Ambitous, believes in 'appropriate behaviour'
    I saw Sirius Black as more of an ENTP, and the Weasely twins as ENFP's.

What would Ginny Weasely's type be? She seems to be smart, funny, but can be rather mean at times.

MBTI
    ENTP

Harry - ISFP for sure, for reasons stated before me. I think the tertiary Ni is a pretty good giveaway. He often has epiphanies and realizes momentous things about himself and others, but not consistently or accurately enough for him to be Ni-dominant.

Ron - I'd say ESFP confidently. Very much caught up in the moment, notices the surfaces of things as they're happening and is always categorizing them as good or bad. Ron's not that smart but he's a chill dude.

Hermione - after much thought I would say ISTJ. She becomes gradually more N as the series wears on but her analness in the first few books is strongly indicative of an Si-dominant. Maaaaybe INTJ but seems to rely on experience (always citing stuff she's read, heard about before) as opposed to intuition or new possibilities. And her emotionalness is attributed equally to the chip-on-the-shoulder-unattractive girl complex and tertiary Fi.

Draco - This one's interesting. I would say ENTJ? ENTJ definitely. He's the ringleader, clearly intelligent as hell (he can figure out what Harry's up to just on a hunch, like when he stunned him in the train and beat the shit out of him). Not much in the way of feelings, almost Cartmanian in demeanor, but more mature and darker. They're both ENTJ.

Voldemort - INTP seems right to me. His social isolation during childhood and adulthood indicates introverted personality, and in book 6 you hear all about his past and how fuckin genius he was at magic. He was completely Ti-Ne about it; he came up with new spells and ways to manipulate magic and solve problems. He was a complete innovator in the wizarding world. It was never that much of a master plan-type thing, at first he was just bored with the way Hogwarts was run so he came up with a bunch of new ideas. Hella Ti-Ne.

Snape, on the other hand, is INTJ. Much more of the Ni-Te going on than Voldy, he's smart as balls and figures stuff out in an Ni-way.

I like INFJ for Dumbledore. I think Sirius is probably INFJ too. McGonnagall is ENTJ, Lupin's INFP, the Weasley twins are ENTP, Mrs. Weasley is ESFJ and her daughter is ENFJ. Not sure about Arthur. ENFP maybe?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by augmented View Post
    Hermione - after much thought I would say ISTJ. She becomes gradually more N as the series wears on but her analness in the first few books is strongly indicative of an Si-dominant.
    No way

First off, she's strongly N right from the beginning. OK, I can't remember any example from the first book off the top of my head, but the way she solved the monster riddle in the second book has iNtuition written all over it : pull various clues together and *poof* there you have your answer.

Second, I can be maddeningly anal and I've got next to no Si Si is not the only function that can foster analness.

And third: Si people need to feel settled in their environment. Hermione couldn't care less about that. A DomSi Muggleborn would have been *traumatised* by the discovery that they would have to leave the world they know and enter a whole new world, and a very *unsafe* world at that. Not Hermione. "Oh look, I'm a witch! Let's plan the next 20 years in that new world!" That's definitely not Si.

I like INFJ for Dumbledore.
    I used to think INFJ for him too, but after the last book, I'm thinking more I/ENTJ. He's learned to FAKE personal interest in people over the many decades of his life, but this personal interest simply wasn't there when he was younger. In fact, even INTJ remains iffy for me, because a normal INTJ would have cared about his sick little sister (Tertiary Fi) far more than Dumbledore did when he was young. Also, I'm not so sure about him being an Introvert: he seems reclusive *when seen through Harry's eyes*, but that doesn't mean much. As the Headmaster, he would have a social life that Harry would know next-to-nothing about. We do know that throughout his life, he was deeply involved in all sorts of groups and common ventures, and that he's *always* seen himself as a leader. So for all those reasons, I'm tempted to type him as ENTJ.

I think Sirius is probably INFJ too.
    Nuh-huh First Sirius is an Extravert: remember how he cheers up when everyone comes to celebrate Christmas at Grimmauld Place, and he gets depressed when he's on his own? And he's definitely NO Fe: he doesn't care about other people for their own sake, he only cares about the people HE cares about, for HIS own sake. And finally, he stinks at understanding people: an INFJ would not have spent so many years in Peter Pettigrew's company, and yet failed to notice how Peter changed allegiance and had betrayed them

Mrs. Weasley is ESFJ and her daughter is ENFJ.
    Molly, yes. Ginny... I don't see it, no. Ginny cares about herself far more than she cares about other people, which is entirely contradictory with being an ENFJ. You can clearly see DomFe at work in Molly, but I don't see a shred of it in Ginny.

(Note: whatever I didn't comment on, I either agree with or don't have a particular opinion about, so please don't think I'm only trying to tear your post apart, OK ? )

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Here is my take on everything.

Harry Potter-ISFP (A definite Artisan.. at first, I thought ISTP until I read Book 5), he has an emotionally intense personality but overall a chill guy.

Ron- ESFP (fun loving and loyal to his friends.. I would disagree with Ron not being smart though, he's not a good student but he is a whiz at wizard chess)

Hermione- INTJ- she may seem extroverted at times but that is mostly the INTJ's self-confidence. She seems obsessed with following rules at times but she is primarily an NT and not an SJ.

Draco Malfoy- ENTP, he has the quick wit of an ENXP and doesn't seem to care much for other's feelings. I think the 6th & 7th books show that he is not a J. Draco never had a strong desire or felt any conviction to join the Dark Arts as his father did. According to Socionics, he is Harry's duel. Draco was a leader of his group (but his followers were Crabbe and Goyle for crying out loud..), I don't think he has the assertive personality of an ENTJ.

Snape- INTJ with a strong Fi function. INTJ's can be good at playing the role as 'double agent' to achieve long-term objectives.

Dumbledore- INFJ, I think Dumbledore is an Introvert.. they can be strong leaders especially if others trust them.

J.K Rowling- INTJ? She said in an interview that she could relate the most to Hermione.

Voldemort- Call me crazy. But I think Voldemort might have been a troubled INFP or ISFP..

Sirius Black- ENFP, a fun-loving trickster type, extremely loyal to his friends. Had the rebellious streak of an ENFP, he is not an Introvert.

Luna Lovegood- INFP.. classic! She's absent-minded and gentle.
    Hagrid- ISFJ
    Molly Weasley- ESFJ
    Percy Weasley- ESTJ
    Arthur Weasley- INTP
    Professor McGonagall- ISTJ
    Professor Slughorn- ESTP
    Ginny Weasley- ENFJ (most teenagers are 'me-centered')
    Fred & George Weasley- both are ENFP

So many Intuitives!!!!!!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Dumbledore- INFJ, I think Dumbledore is an Introvert.. they can be strong leaders especially if others trust them.
    True. But INFJs don't typically *aspire* to leadership positions, unlike Dumbledore. For 6 books he's presented as being some kind of unwilling leader, but in the last book, it's revealed that in fact he's always seen himself as a leader. There was nothing unwilling about him holding all those leading positions, quite the contrary: he wanted them. He even *schemed* with Grindelwald to take over both the Wizarding World and the Muggle World. There's nothing INFJ in this.

Ginny Weasley- ENFJ (most teenagers are 'me-centered')
    True, but still, why ENFJ? Extraverted, I can see that. But iNtuitive? And Fe? They don't strike me in Ginny, no. So why ENFJ? I'm honestly puzzled

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering View Post
    True. But INFJs don't typically *aspire* to leadership positions, unlike Dumbledore. For 6 books he's presented as being some kind of unwilling leader, but in the last book, it's revealed that in fact he's always seen himself as a leader. There was nothing unwilling about him holding all those leading positions, quite the contrary: he wanted them. He even *schemed* with Grindelwald to take over both the Wizarding World and the Muggle World. There's nothing INFJ in this.
    J.K Rowling described Dumbledore as a Machiavellian figure. He certainly seemed like an INFJ before, but now I think he's more of an ENTJ.

Ginny is all at once savvy, snarky, and very self-confident. She once told Harry that she believes almost anything possible, “if you’ve got enough nerve” (OP29), and follows through on that belief. Despite being perpetually “too young” and overprotected by her mother, Ginny also flatly refused to be left behind, either when Harry took off for the Department of Mysteries (OP33) or when Voldemort announced his intention to attack Hogwarts (DH31). She is a wicked mimic, skewering everyone from Umbridge to Fleur to her brother Ron.
    Doesn't seem ENFJ.

that's my theory:

Draco Malfoy - ESTP. everybody knows ESTPs are evil.

Harry Potter - INFP

Hermione - INTJ. she is very alike to a person I know.

Ron - ESFP

Sirius - I don't care, but he's still very sexy.

Voldemort - ENTJ.

MBTI
    INFP

Here are my imaginings:

Harry Potter = ISTP
    That quiet inability to express his feelings.
    That deep loyalty to his friends.
    His action-orientation.
    The rest is teenage angst, to me.

McGonagall = ISTJ. Straight up.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Harry Potter: ISFP

Luna Lovegood: INTP, She seemed more thinker than feeler to me, and INTP tend to be really absent-minded. INFP might fit her, but she seemed like she doesn't really care about other's criticisms about her, INFPs tend to get hurt easily when they are being criticized.

Hermione Granger: INFJ, she is a Ni, and she seemed to possess Fe, she seemed like a NiFe being forced/was adapted to grow up with Te tendencies. And she is very passionate towards S.P.E.W, a very characteristic trait of idealists. Her self-confidence and self-assertiveness might stemmed from her family's upbringing.

Draco Malfoy: ENTx
    Last edited by songofcalamity; 04-19-2008 at 08:37 AM.