User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

Results 191 to 200 of 218

  1. #191
    Senior Member gigi_xo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Sure, no prob.

    He's clear-headed except when under stress - which, given who he is, is rather common in his life. "Gut instinct" is, further, not what defines N, it defines P. The MBTI definition of intuition is not the same as the dictionary definition; Harry's pretty far from abstract.


    you almost have me. so... ESTP... what is there description? I would still say he's a FEELING T lol


    It's not like she had a choice, and she was rather reticent about it, and in any case that'd be more of a case for switching her classification to ISTP (Seriously, would an INTJ do that any more than an ISTJ?). In any case I'd argue that being around Harry and Ron too long changed her, which was actually rather noticeable throughout the series.

    yes, INTJs arent as bent on the rules, are they? they're more defined by their OWN values, where as istjs are typically more drawn to society's values. I see a bit of abstraction in her, much more so than Harry or Ron. when she describes all of Cho's complex feelings, very intuitive, when she problem solves for them using not ONLY past experience but her own innovation... and istj's have very little N. I think its their inferior, yes? what of isfj or intj? I cant be sold on istj for her yet.


    No, no, he's not any kind of Feeler. Would a Feeler remorselessly manipulate a kid for 6 years, without letting on that his destiny was to get himself killed so the world would be saved?

    You're right. INTJ.

    Yeah, you're right. ESTP it is.

    merci!

    I think young Sirius was an ENTP - very Fred/George-like. The trauma of years in jail turned him into an F.

    I agree young Sirius was innovative, but a bit colder. He became a fairly typical ENFP post-azkaban. gosh i love him
    more on your version Harry & hermoine?

    I finally found someone to debate mbti AND harry potter with, gosh I'm happy lol
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

    Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%


    3w4

  2. #192
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gigi
    more on your version Harry & hermoine?
    Sure.

    you almost have me.
    Do I, now.

    so... ESTP... what is there description?
    I'm not sure what you're asking. You want a description of the ESTP type? There are several website descriptions, but I'll give you my own and save you the hassle.

    ESTPs are the wheeler-dealer type. They're fast-moving, fast-talking, assertive, enthusiastic, they love action, and they're very good at maneuvering people. They make excellent salesmen and promoters, although they often prefer more action-packed professions like firefighting. They are very similar to ENTPs, but lack the creative genius of the latter.

    I would still say he's a FEELING T lol
    Well, that's not as much of an oxymoron as people would think. Since they're human and not the spawn of Satan, thinkers have emotions, just like you, me, or anyone else. In fact, like all people, they're emotionally motivated. However, they make decisions to achieve these motivations based on logical thought rather than emotional appeal.

    yes, INTJs arent as bent on the rules, are they? they're more defined by their OWN values, where as istjs are typically more drawn to society's values. I see a bit of abstraction in her, much more so than Harry or Ron. when she describes all of Cho's complex feelings, very intuitive, when she problem solves for them using not ONLY past experience but her own innovation... and istj's have very little N. I think its their inferior, yes? what of isfj or intj? I cant be sold on istj for her yet.
    INTJs aren't bent on following the rules of others, but they're not prone to reckless decision-making of that sort, either. They'd be much more likely to devise an elaborate plan to save the world than to actively leave everything behind and go do it.

    Her describing of Cho's feelings was more in the vein of Holmesian attentiveness to detail, but lacked Holmes' characteristic big-picture finish; signature of intuitive inductive reasoning -- Intuitors tie in all the out-of-place details and draw a picture of what happened. She did not. Her S is weaker than Harry's or Ron's though. Reading Cho is, further, not really a sign of her being a Feeler. She can't be a Feeler because she's, for lack of a better word, bitchy. She's very cold to people she doesn't know very well, and retained a cold and distant attitude to almost everyone other than Harry and Ron throughout the series.

    And yes, Ne is the ISTJ inferior - Hermione displays much more Ne than Ni, however, and Ni is the INTJ dominant function.

    You're right. INTJ.
    Cool.

    merci!
    Avec plaisir.

    I agree young Sirius was innovative, but a bit colder. He became a fairly typical ENFP post-azkaban. gosh i love him
    I like him, too.

    I finally found someone to debate mbti AND harry potter with, gosh I'm happy lol
    Hahaha, so am I. Not too many of my friends like Harry Potter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  3. #193
    Senior Member gigi_xo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Sure.


    Do I, now.

    ALLLLMOST

    I'm not sure what you're asking. You want a description of the ESTP type? There are several website descriptions, but I'll give you my own and save you the hassle.

    ESTPs are the wheeler-dealer type. They're fast-moving, fast-talking, assertive, enthusiastic, they love action, and they're very good at maneuvering people. They make excellent salesmen and promoters, although they often prefer more action-packed professions like firefighting. They are very similar to ENTPs, but lack the creative genius of the latter.

    yes, I did want an estp description Now give me examples of how sir Harry illustrates this? because I'm not sure it fits him any better than my original guess of isfp does lol


    Well, that's not as much of an oxymoron as people would think. Since they're human and not the spawn of Satan, thinkers have emotions, just like you, me, or anyone else. In fact, like all people, they're emotionally motivated. However, they make decisions to achieve these motivations based on logical thought rather than emotional appeal.

    LOL I dont know, Im pretty sure Satan is a T, so I'm not ruling it out haha but anyways, I still dont know. I feel like a lot of his decisions are emotionally implusive, but then I think about how he maintains his composer at other times.... like in the department of mysteries. but he gets so emotional afterwards. but he seemed so analytical and distant with Cho and when he has to break up with Ginny for his epic quest, blah blah lol. basically- i see both.


    INTJs aren't bent on following the rules of others, but they're not prone to reckless decision-making of that sort, either. They'd be much more likely to devise an elaborate plan to save the world than to actively leave everything behind and go do it.

    and I don't know, I know a couple INTJs who act on their plans instead of enlistng others, theyre much more active than INTPs... and ISTJ seems so unlikely to runaway to save the world instead of following the order and practical solutions they can see...

    Her describing of Cho's feelings was more in the vein of Holmesian attentiveness to detail, but lacked Holmes' characteristic big-picture finish; signature of intuitive inductive reasoning -- Intuitors tie in all the out-of-place details and draw a picture of what happened. She did not. Her S is weaker than Harry's or Ron's though. Reading Cho is, further, not really a sign of her being a Feeler. She can't be a Feeler because she's, for lack of a better word, bitchy. She's very cold to people she doesn't know very well, and retained a cold and distant attitude to almost everyone other than Harry and Ron throughout the series.

    and yes, Hermoine being a feeler is so far off base. But I see her N rather frequently...all of her solutions and insights that Harry & Ron miss... but is this just a developed inferior Ne with a very honed Si? I'm not sure...

    And yes, Ne is the ISTJ inferior - Hermione displays much more Ne than Ni, however, and Ni is the INTJ dominant function.

    Hahaha, so am I. Not too many of my friends like Harry Potter.
    and yeah most of my friends think MBTI is silly too, nevermind trying to type fictional witches & wizards... theyre SO missing our.

    so lets keep this going.... do you concur with these?

    Neville: Infp
    Fleur: enfp
    Cedric: xnfj
    Cho: Isfp
    Umbridge: estj
    fudge: estj
    Lavender: Exfx
    Pettigrew: isfj
    Lily: enfp (friends with snape for long, intuitive potion maker, stood up for him & stood by her values, ect)
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

    Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%


    3w4

  4. #194
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gigi
    yes, I did want an estp description Now give me examples of how sir Harry illustrates this? because I'm not sure it fits him any better than my original guess of isfp does lol
    He's an impulsive risk-taker. He's heavily interested and skilled in physical activity, as shown by his love of quidditch and skill in Defense Against the Dark Arts. He can be very clear-headed and logical about these sorts of things (STP-inclined activities) that interest him. He tends to become overtly emotional only when his life or the life of one of his friends is threatened.

    As for E vs I... Harry greatly enjoys the company of other people. He likes hanging out not only with Ron and Hermione, but with the Twins, Neville, Luna, his Quiddich team, and essentially anyone else who's interested in his company. He retreats from the crowd only when he's suffered deep emotional trauma, and even then seeks emotional support from Ron and Hermione (Especially Ron). Notice, for example, that in book 4 Harry felt very lonely, beleaguered and sad, because he'd lost Ron as a friend.

    LOL I dont know, Im pretty sure Satan is a T, so I'm not ruling it out haha
    Well, there are good and evil Ts, just like there are good and evil Fs, the difference in how they act being basically the same. In the case of evil Feelers, they're generally more sadistic and quick to anger than their T counterparts. A truly evil (human) Thinker would be a psychopath or a sociopath, whom make up less than 5% of the general population, so since half the general population is T (And a bit under two thirds of men), that means the vast majority of thinkers are not evil.

    As for Satan, he's most likely an ENTJ.

    but anyways, I still dont know. I feel like a lot of his decisions are emotionally implusive, but then I think about how he maintains his composer at other times.... like in the department of mysteries. but he gets so emotional afterwards. but he seemed so analytical and distant with Cho and when he has to break up with Ginny for his epic quest, blah blah lol. basically- i see both.
    Yes, he gets emotional when under stress - not a rare thing for any T type. Given that he bases his actions themselves on logic (and impulse, a P trait), some good examples of that being the ones that you stated above, he's likely a T.

    and I don't know, I know a couple INTJs who act on their plans instead of enlistng others, theyre much more active than INTPs... and ISTJ seems so unlikely to runaway to save the world instead of following the order and practical solutions they can see...
    An INTJ would be unlikely to act on a plan in such an impulsive manner. And most importantly, they'd be likely to have a plan in the first place, instead of running away to save the world without having any large idea as to how, like she did. In fact, an INTJ Hermione would very quickly realize Harry didn't have a plan, and remedied that situation.

    and yes, Hermoine being a feeler is so far off base. But I see her N rather frequently...all of her solutions and insights that Harry & Ron miss... but is this just a developed inferior Ne with a very honed Si? I'm not sure...
    Yes, it's probably a developed Ne with a very sharp Si. Hermione's Si is actually painfully evident, that girl has the memory of an elephant.

    and yeah most of my friends think MBTI is silly too, nevermind trying to type fictional witches & wizards... theyre SO missing our.
    Oh yes they are. I actually love speculating on the types of all my favorite fictional characters (And I think I may have run through all of them already at this point ).

    so lets keep this going.... do you concur with these?

    Neville: Infp
    Fleur: enfp
    Cedric: xnfj
    Cho: Isfp
    Umbridge: estj
    fudge: estj
    Lavender: Exfx
    Pettigrew: isfj
    Lily: enfp (friends with snape for long, intuitive potion maker, stood up for him & stood by her values, ect)
    Cedric: ENFJ
    Cho: ESFP
    Umbridge: Evil ISTJ
    Lavender: ESFP

    The rest are spot-on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  5. #195
    Senior Member gigi_xo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    He's an impulsive risk-taker. He's heavily interested and skilled in physical activity, as shown by his love of quidditch and skill in Defense Against the Dark Arts. He can be very clear-headed and logical about these sorts of things (STP-inclined activities) that interest him. He tends to become overtly emotional only when his life or the life of one of his friends is threatened.

    As for E vs I... Harry greatly enjoys the company of other people. He likes hanging out not only with Ron and Hermione, but with the Twins, Neville, Luna, his Quiddich team, and essentially anyone else who's interested in his company. He retreats from the crowd only when he's suffered deep emotional trauma, and even then seeks emotional support from Ron and Hermione (Especially Ron). Notice, for example, that in book 4 Harry felt very lonely, beleaguered and sad, because he'd lost Ron as a friend.

    estp it is then


    Well, there are good and evil Ts, just like there are good and evil Fs, the difference in how they act being basically the same. In the case of evil Feelers, they're generally more sadistic and quick to anger than their T counterparts. A truly evil (human) Thinker would be a psychopath or a sociopath, whom make up less than 5% of the general population, so since half the general population is T (And a bit under two thirds of men), that means the vast majority of thinkers are not evil.

    As for Satan, he's most likely an ENTJ.


    or entp?

    Yes, he gets emotional when under stress - not a rare thing for any T type. Given that he bases his actions themselves on logic (and impulse, a P trait), some good examples of that being the ones that you stated above, he's likely a T.


    An INTJ would be unlikely to act on a plan in such an impulsive manner. And most importantly, they'd be likely to have a plan in the first place, instead of running away to save the world without having any large idea as to how, like she did. In fact, an INTJ Hermione would very quickly realize Harry didn't have a plan, and remedied that situation.


    Yes, it's probably a developed Ne with a very sharp Si. Hermione's Si is actually painfully evident, that girl has the memory of an elephant.


    you sure Hermione isnt an E? and what things make her istj? it seems like it can be such a boring type

    Oh yes they are. I actually love speculating on the types of all my favorite fictional characters (And I think I may have run through all of them already at this point ).


    Cedric: ENFJ

    why E? and why J actually?


    Cho: ESFP

    She is rather chatty, I'll agree here

    Umbridge: Evil ISTJ

    You sure she isn't an E? she seems to feed off Fudge

    Lavender: ESFP

    haha probs

    The rest are spot-on.

    some more for kicks...

    Parvati: ESFJ

    Seamus: ESFP

    Dean: ISTP

    Bellatrix: entp?

    Romilda: entj

    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

    Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%


    3w4

  6. #196
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,008

    Default

    You really think Harry is an ESTP? Seriously? He's such an ISFP.

    Umbridge is ESTJ.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  7. #197
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gigi
    estp it is then
    Glad we agree.

    or entp?
    Are you calling me Satan? No fun. ()

    In all seriousness, Satan is generally depicted as someone who plans everything he does. He's sometimes depicted as ENTP or INTJ, but he's usually shown as an ENTJ.

    you sure Hermione isnt an E? and what things make her istj? it seems like it can be such a boring type
    She's an introvert. Like I said before, she's bitchy. She's very distant and cold from everyone else other than Harry and Ron, and the only reason she even looked at the two of them was because they saved her life. She spends most of her time (and virtually all of her time not with Harry & Ron) buried behind a pile of books, and she seems to very much like it that way.

    And yes, ISTJs are boring, but Hermione is actually the least boring ISTJ I've seen.

    why E?
    He likes all the attention he gets.

    and why J actually?
    I think you picked J to begin with, no? He strikes me like an NFJ, he's somewhat organized and methodical, and he's got that kind of personality (hard on the outside, cuddly on the inside).

    She is rather chatty, I'll agree here
    Yep yep.

    You sure she isn't an E? she seems to feed off Fudge
    She's a bit of a parrot, but that's more an S trait. She doesn't seem to actually enjoy conversing with people - indeed, she shuts people out when she isn't torturing them or making their lives a living hell. Remember, if you will, that her class consisted of her writing down pointless babble while her students quietly wrote it down.

    haha probs
    Not probably, definitely. She's spontaneous, carefree, and very physical. Ron ended up dumping her because she wouldn't get off him.

    some more for kicks...

    Parvati: ESFJ

    Seamus: ESFP

    Dean: ISTP

    Bellatrix: entp?

    Romilda: entj
    Bellatrix: Sociopathic INTP with a bizarre crush on Riddle, or a psychotic INFP.

    Romilda: xNTJ. All we know is she's a cunning planner, there isn't enough info on her to know if she's an E or an I.

    Otherwise agree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  8. #198
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    You really think Harry is an ESTP? Seriously? He's such an ISFP.
    well if you say so then there's nothing left to discuss, o mighty cat

    I just presented a rational, rather extensive and evidence-backed argument for him being ESTP. If you have an actual justification for him not being so, feel free to present it. God knows I love a challenge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  9. #199
    Senior Member gigi_xo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Glad we agree.


    Are you calling me Satan? No fun. ()

    definitely

    In all seriousness, Satan is generally depicted as someone who plans everything he does. He's sometimes depicted as ENTP or INTJ, but he's usually shown as an ENTJ.

    I can see ENTJ or ENTP. Idk about INTJ, he seems like a people person


    She's an introvert. Like I said before, she's bitchy. She's very distant and cold from everyone else other than Harry and Ron, and the only reason she even looked at the two of them was because they saved her life. She spends most of her time (and virtually all of her time not with Harry & Ron) buried behind a pile of books, and she seems to very much like it that way.

    And yes, ISTJs are boring, but Hermione is actually the least boring ISTJ I've seen.

    I dated an ISTJ for 2 years. Looking back we didn't talk about very much. lots of arguing. what an awful type... jk sorta

    I dont want Hermione to be the same type as my ex, can't she be intj pwease? but yes, introvert seems right


    He likes all the attention he gets.
    yes, yes he does

    I think you picked J to begin with, no? He strikes me like an NFJ, he's somewhat organized and methodical, and he's got that kind of personality (hard on the outside, cuddly on the inside).

    Yes, thats why I picked the J in the first place. He has that NF sense of value and honor though. he was so cute.


    Yep yep.


    She's a bit of a parrot, but that's more an S trait. She doesn't seem to actually enjoy conversing with people - indeed, she shuts people out when she isn't torturing them or making their lives a living hell. Remember, if you will, that her class consisted of her writing down pointless babble while her students quietly wrote it down.

    god she was awful.

    Not probably, definitely. She's spontaneous, carefree, and very physical. Ron ended up dumping her because she wouldn't get off him.


    Bellatrix: Sociopathic INTP with a bizarre crush on Riddle, or a psychotic INFP.

    I'd say she's a psychotic XNFP because she does everything she does based on her own sick and twised value system, she seems to feel very deeply for voldy there, and her emotions are constantly getting the better of her, making her act entirely unstable and crazy. But why do you say introvert? she seems fairly outgoing... haha, not that I want her on my type's team, but I see how she could be an ENFP gone horribly, horribly, wrong.

    Romilda: xNTJ. All we know is she's a cunning planner, there isn't enough info on her to know if she's an E or an I.

    agreed.
    Otherwise agree.
    hmmm, other random ones...

    quirrel- ISFJ
    barty crouch- estj
    barty crouch jr- infj
    moody himself- ixtj
    Victor Krum- Istp
    Narcissa- ExFJ


    go on then
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

    Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%


    3w4

  10. #200
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    barty crouch jr- infj
    Interesting choice.
    Come to think of it it kind of makes sense.

Similar Threads

  1. [JCF] Psychoanalysing Harry Potter Characters Part 1: Students (MBTI)
    By Provecti in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-05-2017, 08:36 PM
  2. What Harry Potter character are you?
    By Frosty in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-17-2017, 09:08 PM
  3. Anyone finished the last Harry Potter book?
    By darlets in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 11:28 PM
  4. "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" review...
    By The Ü™ in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 03:34 AM
  5. The Worst Possible Ending to "Harry Potter"?
    By Totenkindly in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-21-2007, 07:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO