User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

hermione's a geeky stj (o, but aren't they all) i dont really care which.. probably estj.
    she has far to much knowledge into the cho harry situation in the fifth(?) book to be intp. other types shock me like that, how they analyse drama all the time. an estj said stuff like that to me once and my brain died.

im leaning towards estj for these reasons:
    she's forceful, as displayed when she corrects peoples spell prounciations. i should probably come up with a better example but im too tired.
    she cries quite a bit which could push her over to the istj side (which is more intune with their feelings) but i've seen estjs cry occasionally... in public... over baby things... so they aren't actually that tough, although it can depend on the estj.
    the brittleness that results from the two above points means she's stj. at least that's my reasoning.
    additionally:
    teachers lover her
    she's driven, diligent (she ain't no ntp)
    her value of correctness in details such as dot the i's and cross the t's indicated S especailly ST, because letters are like objects.
    giving harry and ron diaries for christmas is very estj-like control and is assuming.

i might only tend to think istj is ebcause she so used to spending time alone. although estjs can do that, especially when compared to EFs. i knew an estj loner... she was that annoying. sound like anyone i've been discussing?

she's a very intelligent estj, me thinks. it annoys me when i read people's notions that suggest intellectualism and IN/NT can't be seperated.

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

^ Agreed. She is intelligent, but her intelligence is much more pragmatic than an N's would be. Every question she answers is copied directly from the assigned textbooks. At the beginning, she was obsessed about following rules. Even in the sixth book, she refused to entertain an idea that deviated from the textbook because it wasn't the 'official' way of doing things (when Harry first found the HBP's textbook). What kind of NT would abandon an idea just because it wasn't official? NTs don't own the patent on intelligence.

This reminds me of a thread I found on a Harry Potter forum once, where they were discussing whether or not Hermione would even be able to get past the Ravenclaw door were she in that house. They guessed not, as she just doesn't think that way, regardless of how smart she is. If she got asked that phoenix question, she'd probably end up in the library researching the history of the phoenix to determine whether or not the phoenix came before the fire for hours in order to be able to give the exact answer.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    hermione's a geeky stj (o, but aren't they all) i dont really care which.. probably estj.
    she has far to much knowledge into the cho harry situation in the fifth(?) book to be intp. other types shock me like that, how they analyse drama all the time. an estj said stuff like that to me once and my brain died.

im leaning towards estj for these reasons:
    she's forceful, as displayed when she corrects peoples spell prounciations. i should probably come up with a better example but im too tired.
    she cries quite a bit which could push her over to the istj side (which is more intune with their feelings) but i've seen estjs cry occasionally... in public... over baby things... so they aren't actually that tough, although it can depend on the estj.
    the brittleness that results from the two above points means she's stj. at least that's my reasoning.
    additionally:
    teachers lover her
    she's driven, diligent (she ain't no ntp)
    her value of correctness in details such as dot the i's and cross the t's indicated S especailly ST, because letters are like objects.
    giving harry and ron diaries for christmas is very estj-like control and is assuming.

i might only tend to think istj is ebcause she so used to spending time alone. although estjs can do that, especially when compared to EFs. i knew an estj loner... she was that annoying. sound like anyone i've been discussing?

she's a very intelligent estj, me thinks. it annoys me when i read people's notions that suggest intellectualism and IN/NT can't be seperated.
    I agree with all of your analysis here in terms of her STJ-ness, however I do think she is I. She does have a preference, albeit slight, for solitude and close friendships only. However it might be because she is preoccupied with schoolwork and/or feels isolated from others because she is Muggle born.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Harry- ISFP
    Ron- ESFP
    Hermione- ESTJ
    Ginny- Not sure to be honest, I'll have to reread the books
    The Weasley Twins- ENTP
    Mrs. Weasley- ESFJ
    Mr. Weasley- INTP
    Slughorn- ENTP
    Lupin- INFP
    Sirius- INFP
    Draco- INTJ?
    Voldemort- INTJ
    Dumbledore- INTJ
    Luna- INTP
    McGonagall- ESTJ
    Snape- INTP ?
    Hagrid- INFJ? ISFJ? I'm gonna say INFJ, but ISFJ is a possibility.

I forgot a million people, but yeah.
    I agree with like a lot of this except:

Hermoiine: ixtj. (review others arguments for this)
    Ginny: esfj (she's basically a young version of her mother. I could be persuaded for enfj as well but it seems unlikely)
    Sirius: Enfp (He was very anxious about being alone in book 5, and very surly about his forced introversion)
    snape: INTJ (see others arguements)

Hagrid: INFP... where do you get a J? he barely had lesson plans or anything resembling organization, and he was extremely impulsive (HEY LETS BRING MY WEE GIANT BROTHER HOME AND BUY THIS DRAGON EGG)

and as for Draco: Id say intj or entj

and for some added people...

Neville: Infp
    Percy: xstj
    Bill: Estp
    Fleur: enfp
    Cedric: xnfj
    Cho: Isfp
    Umbridge: estj
    fudge: estj
    Lavender: Exfx
    Pettigrew: isfj
    Lily: enfp (friends with snape for long, intuitive potion maker, stood up for him & stood by her values, ect)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

I have decided, upon much contemplation in the shower last night, that Draco is ENTx

a. he is always coming up with plans (those potter stinks badges, how to get onto his quiddich team with expensive brooms, how to get the death eaters into the school,) schemes, and he is... rather witty

in addition, he is always thinking in terms of the future (in book 6 on the train when he was planning on not returning to school bc of his death eater aspirations), and always thinking about where he is going & how to get there

he never seems particularly grounded

and he obviously doesn't give a hoot about rules.

so yes ENTx
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

For fucks sake people Harry is not a feeler.

Harry- ESTP
    Ron- ESFP
    Hermione- ISTJ
    Fred & George- ENTP
    Ginny- INFP
    Percy- xSTJ
    Charlie- ESTP
    Bill- ESTJ
    Mr Weasley- INTP
    Mrs Weasley- ESFJ
    Sirius- INFJ
    Remus- INTJ
    Hagrid- ESFJ
    Dumbledore- INTJ
    Snape- INTJ
    McGonagall- ISTJ
    Voldemort- INTJ
    Lucius Malfoy- ENTJ
    Draco Malfoy- ENTJ
    etc...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    For fucks sake people Harry is not a feeler.

Harry- ESTP
    Harry constantly shows the need to be alone or around people he trusts: probably an introvert.

everything he does, running away from school for horcruxes, all of his angst, the choices he makes (befriend draco at age 11 or not?) they are all on his feelings. Name one THINKING choice Harry has ever happily made? he is capable, certainly, but he PREFERS feeling, its his first instinct, he does this repeatedly with his heated defense of friends, endless loyalty out of feeling not analysis, and this is what he stands for: THE ABILITY TO FEEL LOVE
    *breathes out*

Ron- ESFP- yes
    Hermione- ISTJ
    Perhaps. Doubt it strongly. xNTJ makes million times more sense. read others arguements.

Fred & George- ENTP- yes
    Ginny- INFP
    interesting.... I would like this very much. But how so?

Percy- xSTJ- yes
    Charlie- ESTP- yes
    Bill- ESTJ- how is he a J? estp.
    Mr Weasley- INTP-yes
    Mrs Weasley- ESFJ- yes

Sirius- INFJ
    This is curious. I completely agree about the NF but Sirius HATES to be alone (book 5 anyone?) and if you look at who he is and his aims, they're not very J... he's very spontaneous. But I do see how the infj description fits him... your reasoning? I'd guess enfp.

Remus- INTJ
    I see what you mean. But infj makes more sense. or even infp. he's a bit of a tortured, feeling soul who forces himself to be more thinking because of hardships

Hagrid- ESFJ
    How is Hagrid a J? esfp...or isfp.

Dumbledore- INTJ -
    why? I thought infj or intp honestly. but i see intj.

and I agree for the following-
    Snape- INTJ
    McGonagall- ISTJ
    Voldemort- INTJ
    Lucius Malfoy- ENTJ
    Draco Malfoy- ENTJ

etc...

explanations pwease?
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

3w4

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by gigi
    Harry constantly shows the need to be alone or around people he trusts: probably an introvert.
    Nah, he's an extrovert. He's shy at first, but that's simply due to not fitting in with his muggle family, and being dropped head-first into an entirely different world. He clearly enjoys social contact.

everything he does, running away from school for horcruxes, all of his angst, the choices he makes (befriend draco at age 11 or not?) they are all on his feelings. Name one THINKING choice Harry has ever happily made? he is capable, certainly, but he PREFERS feeling, its his first instinct, he does this repeatedly with his heated defense of friends, endless loyalty out of feeling not analysis, and this is what he stands for: THE ABILITY TO FEEL LOVE
    Not feeling -- Gut instinct, which is not the same as emotion. Harry's an impulsive Perceiver, but he's clear-headed.

Perhaps. Doubt it strongly. xNTJ makes million times more sense. read others arguements.
    Will later, but so far as I can tell, that girl does not have a creative bone in her body, she's just a bookworm. Just look at how she reacted to the Half-blood Prince going against the textbook's instructions. She appears smart because she has a prodigious memory and can act out any instructions she reads or are given to her to the letter.

interesting.... I would like this very much. But how so?
    She's dreamy, quiet, very emotional. She just gives off cute/cuddly INFP vibes.

I see what you mean. But infj makes more sense. or even infp. he's a bit of a tortured, feeling soul who forces himself to be more thinking because of hardships
    He's T. He was described as a highly logical student growing up -- the Hermione to the James-Sirius-Remus trio. Rather he's become less of a thinker as he grew older, rather than more.

How is Hagrid a J? esfp...or isfp.
    Hagrid is very dutiful, typical Guardian. I messed up his classification though, he's ISFJ rather than E.

why? I thought infj or intp honestly. but i see intj.
    Up to book 4 I would have easily typed him an INFJ, but as the war developed he came out as more of a strategist. He was fully outed as a manipulative son of a bitch after his death.

Bill I'm not sure about (I don't think there's enough info to type him J/P). Sirius I really fucked up, in retrospect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Nah, he's an extrovert. He's shy at first, but that's simply due to not fitting in with his muggle family, and being dropped head-first into an entirely different world. He clearly enjoys social contact.

Not feeling -- Gut instinct, which is not the same as emotion. Harry's an impulsive Perceiver, but he's clear-headed.

I'd say he is very rarely clear headed, but he is under a LOT of emotional strain. I still say xxfp. how do you explain his constant gut instinct when he is a fairly defined S?

Will later, but so far as I can tell, that girl does not have a creative bone in her body, she's just a bookworm. Just look at how she reacted to the Half-blood Prince going against the textbook's instructions. She appears smart because she has a prodigious memory and can act out any instructions she reads or are given to her to the letter.

But would an istj runaway with her best friend, drop out of school and try to fix the world?

She's dreamy, quiet, very emotional. She just gives off cute/cuddly INFP vibes.

sold.

He's T. He was described as a highly logical student growing up -- the Hermione to the James-Sirius-Remus trio. Rather he's become less of a thinker as he grew older, rather than more.

Hagrid is very dutiful, typical Guardian. I messed up his classification though, he's ISFJ rather than E.

agreed here as well

Up to book 4 I would have easily typed him an INFJ, but as the war developed he came out as more of a strategist. He was fully outed as a manipulative son of a bitch after his death.

still not fully certain. I'd vote INfJ. but I see it.

Bill I'm not sure about (I don't think there's enough info to type him J/P).

He is described as "Not down to earth, he's a cruse breaker for the bank!" hence my P vibe.

Sirius I really fucked up, in retrospect.

what do you think now? I still say EnfP.

more explanations?

3w4

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by gigi
    more explanations?
    Sure, no prob.

I'd say he is very rarely clear headed, but he is under a LOT of emotional strain. I still say xxfp. how do you explain his constant gut instinct when he is a fairly defined S?
    He's clear-headed except when under stress - which, given who he is, is rather common in his life. "Gut instinct" is, further, not what defines N, it defines P. The MBTI definition of intuition is not the same as the dictionary definition; Harry's pretty far from abstract.

But would an istj runaway with her best friend, drop out of school and try to fix the world?
    It's not like she had a choice, and she was rather reticent about it, and in any case that'd be more of a case for switching her classification to ISTP (Seriously, would an INTJ do that any more than an ISTJ?). In any case I'd argue that being around Harry and Ron too long changed her, which was actually rather noticeable throughout the series.

still not fully certain. I'd vote INfJ. but I see it.
    No, no, he's not any kind of Feeler. Would a Feeler remorselessly manipulate a kid for 6 years, without letting on that his destiny was to get himself killed so the world would be saved?

He is described as "Not down to earth, he's a cruse breaker for the bank!" hence my P vibe.
    Yeah, you're right. ESTP it is.

what do you think now? I still say EnfP.
    I think young Sirius was an ENTP - very Fred/George-like. The trauma of years in jail turned him into an F.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole