Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. He really, really, prizes social status and power, however he never wants it for himself, and would rather be the puppet master, pulling all the strings if he were ever given the oppurtunity for power. He loves his comfort, loves a nice life, which to me suggests Si. I think for him really, he could be ISFJ. He views his relationships in such a way that he sees people and judges them according to their societal "worth" to him.
    I dunno, it's just certain mannerisms he had that made me think that. Maybe I'm just looking at the actor and not the part he plays.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I dunno, it's just certain mannerisms he had that made me think that. Maybe I'm just looking at the actor and not the part he plays.
    Ohh, this could be the disconnect. In the book, the character is far different, far more social and ebullient. The movie character does give off an ENTP vibe, very absentminded, a bit aloof with an independent set of morals.

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    I just don't see the N in Harry at all.
    I can see the Fi, but i don't understand the INFP conclusion many have come to
    I just watched the movie and harry has clear N (in the movie atleas). For example, when he said "Its draco" and they asked him why and he said "I just KNOW". There were many other moments too.

In the book he pieces things together and theres no rational or real explanation.

I would say INFP probably

Ni is an ISFP's tertiary relief function.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Charizmatic View Post
    I just watched the movie and harry has clear N (in the movie atleas). For example, when he said "Its draco" and they asked him why and he said "I just KNOW". There were many other moments too.

In the book he pieces things together and theres no rational or real explanation.

I would say INFP probably
    Ni
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

When Harry "figures things out" via intuition he always has physical, tangible things that add to his intuits. This is SeNi, this is what the ISPs do in general. He gathers all of the clues and then fits them into a bigger picture, then expands on what he has via Ni.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I believe the Book Dumbledore to be far different from the Movie Dumbledore.

My personal opinion is that he is an INFJ in the books and an INTP in the movies.

BlackCat had said that thinking Harry as an N is just idealizing him and I'd really have to disagree with that statement. Are you implying that N is superior to S? Probably not..

He could be an ISFP with SeNi like you had said. I guess it makes sense the more I think about it. Perhaps near borderline S/N, because his Ni is very sharp with how he fits things together faster than Ron and Hermione, and impresses Dumbledore with it, at least, when Dumbledore was alive.

The movie Harry is also different from the book Harry. He definitely appears more INFP-like in the books, and more ISFP-like in the movies. He just doesn't seem to be living in the moment in the books. Always thinking about things outside of his sensual reach of perception. But I guess he's an ISFP and not an INFP? It's a little foggy to me, and I have read the books a bagillion times to back that up.

I don't think we should be so narrow-minded with it, though, BlackCat. We don't know Harry, he's just a fictional character who we read about in a 3rd person point of view book. We can gather that he was probably an ISFP or an INFP but we really can't be sure. I tend to think INFP because of how he always knew he'd have to face Voldemort in the end. He just knew these things and what needed to be done.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Perhaps near borderline S/N, because his Ni is very sharp with how he fits things together faster than Ron and Hermione, and impresses Dumbledore with it, at least, when Dumbledore was alive.
    Eh, I don't think he was able to piece things together faster than Hermione. In the first book, he needed her to work through Snape's defense of the philosopher's stone (and in the fourth book, when he encountered a similar puzzle situation, he wished Hermione had been there, and was only slowly able to work it out for himself.) Throughout the majority of the book series, it was Hermione who insisted that Snape was not a part of nefarious plans to kill Harry (in the face of Harry's strong "intuitions" about him.) It was also she who knew that treating the House Elves poorly would lead to bad consequences in the long run (which Harry did not realize, nor care to realize.) In the fourth book, she worked out how Rita Skeeter was managing to get inside the castle grounds. And in the fifth book, it was Hermione who suspected ahead of time that Voldemort was manipulating Harry's emotions to lure him to the ministry (which he pigheadedly denied, and which ended up getting his Sirius killed.) But Harry is always too dense to take her advice. Many aspects of his thinking style literally made me cringe.

I'll grant you Ron, though. But that's because Ron was basically an idiot.

Anyway, I always thought that the whole reason that Harry was able to impress Dumbledore was with his courage and depth of caring, not his cleverness or mental acuity. Well, that and his unfailing ability to blindly follow the orders of Dumbledore.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    He gathers all of the clues and then fits them into a bigger picture, then expands on what he has via Ni.

How is this different from Hermiones style who is deemed to be an INFJ? Just wondering...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

INFJ is ridiculous for Hermione.

This is another one where there's little to no consensus.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?