First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    Nah. Look at Dumbledores past. He was clearly an NT in the past.
    I don't have the book to hand right now (I loaned it to my brother) but from what I recall, there was little in his youth to suggest NT. He wanted to instigate change, yes, but that was according to his moral convictions, not an NT-ish desire for power.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    I reckon hermione is an INTP.
    Or atleast Ti dominant as ITPs are often rule orientated as kids concerned about fairness but occasionally take big risks. Also they become more risk orientated as they get older.
    I think she's an ISxJ to be honest. Not sure where you get INTP.

For Dumbledore, I used to agree with INFJ until the last book. The last book revealed things about his childhood, teen years, as well as early adult that make me think INTx, but lean toward INTP. His relationship with Grindelwald is classic INTP-ENTJ matchup, his ideas and plans for new world leadership that is based on merit, intelligence, and power and his classification of muggles as a "lesser" group that needs magical leadership to truly thrive is something I find INTx-ish. Of course, he abandons his plans at the death of his sister, and turns his life around.

We see him at an incredible age with temperamental balance it can be hard to distinguish anything that sticks out to give clues. But I think they're there.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post

For Dumbledore, I used to agree with INFJ until the last book. The last book revealed things about his childhood, teen years, as well as early adult that make me think INTx, but lean toward INTP. His relationship with Grindelwald is classic INTP-ENTJ matchup, his ideas and plans for new world leadership that is based on merit, intelligence, and power and his classification of muggles as a "lesser" group that needs magical leadership to truly thrive is something I find INTx-ish. Of course, he abandons his plans at the death of his sister, and turns his life around.

We see him at an incredible age with temperamental balance it can be hard to distinguish anything that sticks out to give clues. But I think they're there.
    No no no no Hermione is an INTP or INFJ. There's no way she's an SJ, she doesn't just follow rules, she's extremely intellectual.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    I don't have the book to hand right now (I loaned it to my brother) but from what I recall, there was little in his youth to suggest NT. He wanted to instigate change, yes, but that was according to his moral convictions, not an NT-ish desire for power.
    I don't think that this indicates that he's for sure not an NF, but Dumbledore did have an "NT-ish desire for power" in his youth. He talks at length about the allure of power and acclaim, and he pursues those things in spite of any moral convictions, not because of them. He was so caught up with wanting power and recognition that he didn't realize the moral implications of Grindelwald's ideas. I'm just not sure how NT-specific those characteristics really are.

I think Dumbledore is either INFJ or INTJ -- Ni dominant. ENTJ is also a possibility. I lean slightly towards INFJ because I don't think an NTJ would have laid such precarious plans and trusted that they would work out. And INFJs can be cold, detached and focused on the greater good as easily as INTJs can. I think you can make a compelling case either way, though.

Hermione is hard to type because I don't think she's an exceptionally consistently-written character. IXTJ...generally SJ characteristics with a lot of instances of intuition.

Also, I'm in the middle of rereading Half-Blood Prince, and it reinforces my impression that Ginny is ESTP.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post

INTP because of how rule based she is at first but then grows out of it which is something I've noticed IxTPs seem to do and she is extremelly intelligent and intuitive.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ESxP

hermione is definitely s

she bombed divination which is like an N heaven

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Harry- ISFP
    Ron- ESFP
    Hermione- ESTJ
    Ginny- Not sure to be honest, I'll have to reread the books
    The Weasley Twins- ENTP
    Mrs. Weasley- ESFJ
    Mr. Weasley- INTP
    Slughorn- ENTP
    Lupin- INFP
    Sirius- INFP
    Draco- INTJ?
    Voldemort- INTJ
    Dumbledore- INTJ
    Luna- INTP
    McGonagall- ESTJ
    Snape- INTP ?
    Hagrid- INFJ? ISFJ? I'm gonna say INFJ, but ISFJ is a possibility.

I forgot a million people, but yeah.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I now think Dumbeldore is INTP

new list:
    Harry - ISFP
    Ron - ESFP
    Hermione - ISTJ
    Twins - ENTP
    Arthur Weasley - INTP
    Voldemort - ENTJ
    Dumbeldore - INTP
    Draco - ESTP
    Luna - INTP
    Snape - INTJ
    Hagrid - ISFP

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I now think Dumbeldore is INTP
    Ah, so his type changes with yours?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

When typing characters in movies, I first remember that people assume roles outside their core personality. While it may show up in soliloquies, the best evidence is in their personal effects. How do they identify and surround themselves?

dumbledor is INTP. His office is filled with all things to help him think and the organization thereof is only known to him. Since he's old, his inferior functions are developed more when compared to the children. He definitely knows how to use his Fe.