User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Split_Infinitive View Post
    So, in short, Dumbledore handled things in the most effective way. But not in a way an INFJ would feel comfortable with.
    What makes you think Dumbeldore was comfortable with how he handled things?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    What makes you think Dumbeldore was comfortable with how he handled things?
    I'm not sure I understand, are you saying you disagree with my theory? If so, why and how? It seems that you are missing the forest of my theory for the one tree of that single sentence.
    If Split_Infinitive absorbs all the cr*p, where does it go?
    a) Away
    b) Into Split_Infinitive

Correct answer: b. Percentage of people who answer a: 95.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Split_Infinitive View Post
    I'm not sure I understand, are you saying you disagree with my theory? If so, why and how? It seems that you are missing the forest of my theory for the one tree of that single sentence.
    I disagree with your theory because it seems quite clear to me that Dumbeldore is INFJ. The fact that he makes tough decisions certainly doesn't rule out ANY type. To say that an INFJ couldn't sacrifice one for many is a total misapplication of typology.

I'm not reading one sentence and throwing out the rest of the theory. I'm responding to the sentences that stick out most to me. But yeah, your theory is off IMO.

He seems like an obvious INJ, and he's definitely Fe/Ti over Te/Fi.

(Have you read Ender's Game [more importantly, the sequels when Ender is older]? Dumbeldore and Ender seem very similar actually. Ender's another example of an INFJ that makes tough decisions like that.)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    it seems quite clear to me that Dumbeldore is INFJ.
    Well, if you put it like that. You've convinced me.
    If Split_Infinitive absorbs all the cr*p, where does it go?
    a) Away
    b) Into Split_Infinitive

Correct answer: b. Percentage of people who answer a: 95.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yeah, that is one possible explanation. I have no argument against it, heh, but mostly because I only know basic things about what autism/Asperger's entails.
    What do you think about this?

Symptoms of Schizoid Personality Disorder:

• Weak interpersonal skills
    • Difficulty expressing anger, even when provoked
    • "Loner" mentality; avoidance of social situations
    • Appear to others as remote, aloof, and unengaged
    • Low sexual desire
    • Unresponsive to praise or criticism

It is important to distinguish schizoid from avoidant. Avoidants will feel anxiety in social situations and have the desire to fit in, while schizoids simply prefer to be alone. It is occasionally difficult to distinguish between schizoid and Asperger's, as well.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Okay, so according to the DSM-IV you have to have at least 4 of these symptoms to be diagnosed with schizoid personality disorder:

1. neither desires nor enjoys close relationships, including being a part of a family.
    This does not fit Luna as she has a pretty close relationship with her father.

2. almost always chooses solitary activities
    This is hard to say, as we don't really know what Luna does outside of her interaction with Harry. There are signs of a preference for solitary activities, though, as she is always seen wandering by herself and is frequently absorbed in some weird activity by herself. I think actively seeking out the companionship of Harry and his friends goes strongly against this pattern, however. It indicates a desire for contact with others.

3. has little, if any, interest in having sexual experiences with another person
    Couldn't really say in her case, though there is no evidence of sexual interest in the book.

4. takes pleasure in few, if any, activities
    This doesn't seem to be true for her. She is highly interested in pursuing activities related to her weird theories.

5. lacks close friends or confidants other than first-degree relatives
    This is pretty much true of Luna.

6. appears indifferent to the praise or criticism of others
    This is true as well.

7. shows emotional coldness, detachment, or flattened affectivity
    The way she is presented in the book, she has strong detachment.

So she fits 3 criteria strongly, fits 2 a little bit, and fits 2 none at all. Also, even if she were strongly Schizoid, is this indicative of INFP? It seems like avoidant would be more of an INFP thing (and she is totally not avoidant).
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I agree with this assessment. What about Asperger's?

Diagnostic Criteria for 299.00 Autistic Disorder
    1. A total of six (or more) items from (1), (2), and (3), with at least two from (1), and one each from (2) and (3):
      1. qualitative impairment in social interaction, as manifested by at least two of the following:
        1. marked impairment in the use of multiple nonverbal behaviors such as eye-to-eye gaze, facial expression, body postures, and gestures to regulate social interaction
        2. failure to develop peer relationships appropriate to developmental level
        3. a lack of spontaneous seeking to share enjoyment, interests, or achievements with other people (e.g., by a lack of showing, bringing, or pointing out objects of interest)
        4. lack of social or emotional reciprocity
      2. qualitative impairments in communication as manifested by at least one of the following:
        1. delay in, or total lack of, the development of spoken language (not accompanied by an attempt to compensate through alternative modes of communication such as gesture or mime)
        2. in individuals with adequate speech, marked impairment in the ability to initiate or sustain a conversation with others
        3. stereotyped and repetitive use of language or idiosyncratic language
        4. lack of varied, spontaneous make-believe play or social imitative play appropriate to developmental level
      3. restricted repetitive and stereotyped patterns of behavior, interests, and activities, as manifested by at least one of the following:
        1. encompassing preoccupation with one or more stereotyped and restricted patterns of interest that is abnormal either in intensity or focus
        2. apparently inflexible adherence to specific, nonfunctional routines or rituals
        3. stereotyped and repetitive motor manners (e.g., hand or finger flapping or twisting, or complex whole-body movements)
        4. persistent preoccupation with parts of objects

2. Delays or abnormal functioning in at least one of the following areas, with onset prior to age 3 years: (1) social interaction, (2) language as used in social communication, or (3) symbolic or imaginative play.
    3. The disturbance is not better accounted for by Rett’s Disorder or Childhood Disintegrative Disorder

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Harry: INFP
    Ron: ISFJ
    Hermione: ISTJ
    Malefoy: ENTJ
    Dumbledore: INFJ

Don't remember the rest.

MBTI
    I

Harry - INFP
    Ron - ISFP
    Hermione - ISTJ
    Draco - ENTJ
    Snape - INTJ
    Dumbledore - INFJ
    Hagrid - INTP

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    <list>
    Interesting that you identified so few F-doms...
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke