First 8910111220 Last

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Snape: INTx
    Voldemort: ENTJ

Luna Lovegood: Autistic INFP

There's no way she's Ti dominant. She actually believes all the tripe in her father's magazine. She's an expert on weird creatures, and is interested in it to the exclusion of most other things. In many conversations, she mentioned 'facts' or ideas from the Quibbler. That's very Autistic, viewing the world largely in how it relates to her savant interest. She isn't connected to criticism, because she's abnormally detached from reality in general. Yet, she's also kind and has an underlying sense of warmth about her. I think she has Aspergers.
    Snape is hard to pin down, mostly because I have a hard time understanding the difference between an INTJ and an INTP. I would lean more towards INTJ with him, though, as everything he does seems deliberate. INTJs get made fun of at school, too.

With Voldemort/Tom Riddle, Dumbledore repeatedly says that Riddle never longed for companionship. Seems to scream out introversion to me. I've heard him typed as an INTP (wtf?), an INTJ and an ENTJ. After re-reading the books, it seems like Tom would have been an INTJ who, as Voldemort, has learned to masquarade and show outer qualities of an ENTJ. But doesn't the introversion/extroversion dichotemy have more to do with internal desires and needs rather than what one appears to the outer world? I would still type him as an INTJ, though possibly leaning towards more towards xNTJ.

Tee hee! When I read the books, I totally pictured Luna as an NF. Since she's a Ravenclaw, she'd probably have to have some level of proficiency with her thinking, but that doesn't mean it has to be dominant (I'd type Flitwick as an ExFP, based on the types of lessons he gives and the little we see him interacting in the books).

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul
    Ginny: INTJ

Could be open to anything, though I'm leaning towards INTJ or maybe ISTJ. She seems pretty straightforward, and quiet.
    I have an extremely hard time seeing Ginny as an INTJ. She is quite flirty with the boys. I'd say ENFJ or maybe ENTJ. It would also fit in better with her family, as almost all the other Weasleys (we don't know much about Charlie) are extroverted.
    "Science is the attempt to make the chaotic diversity of our sense-experience correspond to a logically uniform style of thought." -Einstein

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves, who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad memories and allow themselves to be provoked this easily weak people, in other words they stand no chance!" -Snape

Em. Female INTx and Proud of it. Left-handed Calligrapher. Writer. Scientist. Type Five Enneagram.

MBTI
    ENTP

Harry ISFP
    Ron ISTP - not an F, too emotionally retarded and awkward in expressing feelings

Hermoine ESTJ

Dumbledore ENTP Understandably people see the wise old man (INFJ) archetype in the matured version of him, but consider his backstory, too; hes an NT temperament and a thrill-seaking adventurer who lacked wisdom and recklessly sought forbidden knowledge in his youth.

Voldemort ENTJ not quite all evil sorcerers are INTJs
    Snape INTJ
    Draco Malfoy ENTJ
    Ginny ENFJ
    Twins ENTP Fred for sure, but I wonder if George is another type
    Mr. Weasley ENFP
    Mrs. Weasley ESFJ
    Luna ENTP
    Sirius Black ESTP
    Lupin INTP
    Filch ISTJ
    Last edited by mysterio; 02-15-2009 at 07:08 PM.

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

If the characters are this hard to type, either
    a) the movie and book versions create differing characterisations
    b) J K Rowling wrote inconsistent and poorly fleshed out characters
    c) J K wrote such fantastically complex and deep characters that they are difficult to type as they are so wonderfully deep and complex

I know which one I'd opt for
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

D) Everyone's understanding of mbti is so varied that consensus is impossible.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

It's hard for me to see Voldemort an ENTJ, but it's all speculation- I can't claim him to be INTJ, and you can't claim him to be ENTJ.

He's such a troubled individual and really the only people that know his whole story are Harry and Dumbledore, and the vast majority wasn't from Voldemort. He carries a huge burden, story, struggle, and trouble inside of him, and his life in solitude only adds to his character as an evil vilian. He's not open to others, and does't rely on anyone to anything. Yes, you may argue, but Voldemort is so incredibly messed up that it's really hard to nail a type on him.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiteninja View Post
    If the characters are this hard to type, either
    a) the movie and book versions create differing characterisations
    b) J K Rowling wrote inconsistent and poorly fleshed out characters
    c) J K wrote such fantastically complex and deep characters that they are difficult to type as they are so wonderfully deep and complex

I know which one I'd opt for
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    D) Everyone's understanding of mbti is so varied that consensus is impossible.
    c & d

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    It's hard for me to see Voldemort an ENTJ, but it's all speculation- I can't claim him to be INTJ, and you can't claim him to be ENTJ.
    It goes without saying that typing fictional characters is not an exact science, as typing itself is not an exact science. And typing a sociopath is even more of a crapshot.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio View Post
    Hermoine ENTJ, though Im not positive.
    estj

Riva

Harry - IXFP

Ron - Definitely ISTP (one word man, not that friendly, opinionated, angry, EXTREMELY LOYAL to his friends, physical, LAID BACK, private, attached to his friends, doesn't move around to make new friends. so can;t be ESFP right?)

Hermione - ESTJ (rules are meant to be obeyed, Extremely hard working, organized, group oriented, focused, conventional, leader, emotionally stable, espects authority, punctual, hard working, stiff, self confident, normal, regular, does not like weird or strange people / things - intolerant of differences, strict, disciplined) copied everything from JUNG TYPE DESCRIOTIONS.

Dumbledore - ENTP ( a very mature ENTP)

Minerva McGonagall - ISTJ

Molly Weasley - ESTJ

Arthur Weasley - ESFP

Weasley Twins - ENTP

Riva

Luna lovegood - INFP (i thought this was obvious, but i don't know many INFPs)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

How about Tonks? Would ENFJ be too much of a stretch?
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp