User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

I love this argument. I am going to post my favorite link about it, but I don't fully agree with it.

SOLVED: The Mystery of Sherlock Holmes ~ THE MBTI BLOG

The only thing I can not be argued out of is the N/S and F/T labeling of Holmes. I believe that he can't be N only because how detailed oriented he is. I know that he can then draw 'grand deductions' from the details, but I feel like you are missing the point entirely if you ignore the details... and I thought S was more detailed oriented... if not then something is wrong with my personality label. T- I thought that was just obvious, but that is just me.
    My other comment is that I have found most individuals who label Holmes as INTJ are INTJs themselves (there is nothing wrong with that, my best friend and brother are INTJs). I think it is better to let the matter rest is an inconclusive label, but I can see adequate arguments in almost all of the above replies.
    LAST THING- The link says he is ISTP and yes, so am I, but I don't view myself as Holmes... EVER. I just like the description of the S and T arguments. The other two letters I feel can be either.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Holmes is such a blatant INTP it's not even funny.
    There were many threads trying to nail Holmes' type. Didn't exactly come to a conclusion. I could clearly see Se. Facts, Facts and Facts. And he has extremely good observational skills, Is that not Se?

And,
    He is quite physical. He is a boxer and a good one too. I could very clearly see Se in Sherlock.

He does not solve puzzles in his head. He wants to se the facts. He does not come up with theories like L would in Deathnote. He wants to see the crime scene. He simply uses his tremendously developed observational skills (Se) to connects the dots (Ni) after seeing logical inconsistencies in the stories he hears from the witnesses and the suspects (Ti).

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

like I described how Se/Ti work well together... always scanning and noticing everything in the area and then filtering it through Ti, which tells you what's going on and what's relevant... and never underestimate the fact that most Ss have at least one decent N function as well... just like most Ns have at least one decent S function, though I doubt they'd ever admit it on a board like this
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    like I described how Se/Ti work well together... always scanning and noticing everything in the area and then filtering it through Ti, which tells you what's going on and what's relevant... and never underestimate the fact that most Ss have at least one decent N function as well... just like most Ns have at least one decent S function, though I doubt they'd ever admit it on a board like this

And yes. Filtering the infor collected by his Se. He simply connects the dots using the Ni. But Ti Se plays an extremely large part in solving the cases. In fact they play a bigger role than Ni. Ni does the simple task of connecting the dots.

And yes Ss have N as much as Ns have S. What use an INTP would be without his Si?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Extraverts search contact with people - Holmes doesn't really.
    He notices a lot of details, but he forms them into a bigger picture.
    He is a thinker for obvious reasons.
    He is chaotic, lives in a total mess and it doesn't bother him a bit.

Conclusion: INTP
    He appears like an ENTP in the movies, but hey, screenwriters are not psychologists.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I thought Robert Downey Jr played him as a INTP, he seems to stick to NP characters a lot too.
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

I wish he was ISTP..

It's a character both NTs and STs can see themselves equally, I think.

I'm partial to the older versions (Jeremy Brett, especially).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    I think downey just made holmes appear more ENTP just like did with iron man.
    Agreed. I guess that most actors will rub off on their characters to some extent, but presenting Holmes in such a way is far better for mass consumption than as he was originally meant - the other Holmes was brilliant, yes, perhaps even more so that Downey's, but that's not the only interest that arises in the character portrayed by Downey.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    TiNe

Holmes seems more ENTP then INTP.
    Watson ISTJ.

Holmes definetly didn't seem an INTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ

Default once upon a time

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Personally speaking
    homes = ENTP
    Watson = INTJ

thats how I would see it in the books and previous films... Watson was more E in this version of Homes.

Holmes definetly INTP
    Irene has the same type as Robert Downey Junior ENTP
    Watson ENTJ (has no problems with ladies, believe me, I am INTJ)

INTJ-INTP unwelcomed brothers filled with envy for one another
    ENTP-INTP forsaken relationship for both, loving each other as they are, changing will not be greeted
    ENTJ-INTJ only love for one another, ones succes inspires the other, hidden respect