• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Famous Women and their Types!

Fecal McAngry

A
Meryl Streep-INFP
Paris Hilton-ESTP, like Madonna only not talented at anything in particular. I'm not one to take offense b/c someone typed a person I don't like with my 4 letters; I'm just saying INFP could not be more incorrect on its own merits.
Paris is not an ESTP. Very sensitive introvert, that Paris. probable ISFP.

Meryl is of course an INFP...for some reason, INFP actresses of note seem rarer than INFP actors; others include Jennifer Jason Leigh who actually mentioned this in an interview a while back, FWIW, & Samantha Morton...

Fecal McAngry

Men are over-represented in typology, we need some girls to even the field!

A few guesses to get things started:

INFP
Helena Bonham Carter
Sophia Coppola
Isabelle Myers

INFJ
Nicole Kidman

ENFJ
Oprah Winfrey
Kate Winslet

ENFP
Halle Berry
Ellen Page

INTP
Meryl Streep

ENTP
Tina Fey

ENTJ
Sigourney Weaver

INTJ
Hillary Clinton
Susan B Anthony
Katarine Hepburn

ISFP
Liv Tyler
Marion Cotillard

ESFP
Paris Hilton
Britney Spears

ISTP
Jodie Foster

ESTP
Hillary Swank
Holly Hunter

ISFJ

ISTJ

ESFJ
Julia Roberts

ESTJ
Off top of head.
Helena Bonham Carter is not a feeler--NTP, I believe.
Sophia Coppola is a sensor.
Julia Roberts is neither an extrovert nor Fe-er.
Holly Hunter is not a Thinker.
Weaver is very introverted.
Jodie Foster is an INJ.
Fey is an S.
Streep is about as Fi as one can possibly be and walk upright.
Winslet sure seems to Ne, as one would expect from an ENFP.
Unfamiliar with some...
Kidman (INFJ) and Clinton (INTJ) and Hepburn (INTJ) are the only ones I know to be right.

Fecal McAngry

Merkel, F? No way.
She has a doctorate in quantum chemistry, you know.

From wikipedia:
"Merkel worked and studied at the Central Institute for Physical Chemistry of the Academy of Sciences in Berlin-Adlershof from 1978 to 1990. She learned to speak Russian fluently, and earned a statewide prize for her proficiency. After being awarded a doctorate (Dr. rer. nat.) for her thesis on quantum chemistry she worked as a researcher."

I'd say she fits the letters ENTJ really well:
Involved in student clubs from early on, seek visibility = E
Linguistics + politics (for broad intellectual tastes) = N
Quantum chemistry = T
Consistent work for positions of recognition, power and influence = J.
Thus ENTJ= The Fieldmarshall.
[/SIZE]
You know her better than I as I know her not at all, but doesn't she have the rep of being quiet, competent, underestimated, one who works behind the scenes effectively--i.e. traits more likely to be associated with an INTJ than ENTJ?

Is she their Hitlery?

Fecal McAngry

Hillary Clinton seems more ISTJ, especially given her own descriptions of herself as a reserved traditionalist.

Of course, that could just all be bullshit; you never really know with politicians--but I think Te is clearly one of her top functions.
It is, she's an INTJ.

Fecal McAngry

It's not impossible. I know one doctor of technical sciences, - the head of department in the university, - ESFP. A little of: persistence + help of other people + luck and money = many men with a minimal talant can become a "doctorate in quantum chemistry".

You should try to compare her with ESTPs such as: Carmen Electra, Lucy Lawless, Sharon Stone, ... she gives other impression in emotions.
The last two are introverts, I believe...Sharon stone, for one, is a clear ISTP, has described herself as introverted, etc.

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Sharon stone, for one, is a clear ISTP, has described herself as introverted, etc.

I doubt she has good understanding of Jungian typology. Even some who study typology for years may change opinion about their own type.

inebriato

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel Britney Spears is an ISFP, not ESFP.

Leighton Meester
ENTP.

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
MBT use VERY different model of functions for introverted types than was used by Jung. If you read Jung's book, you know it.

It's funny how most everyone (on here) thinks MBTI is more Jungian (I do), while what you say I've heard one time strongly being said by an ISTJ (on this forum). Maybe there are different interpretations from an Si-standpoint?

That person said 'You have to look, then you will see', you say 'If you read, you will know'...
Could you explain a bit of the difference you see?

Fecal McAngry

I doubt she has good understanding of Jungian typology. Even some who study typology for years may change opinion about their own type.
I have no idea whether or not Stone (Sharon, not the ENTP director) has studied MBTI. However, 1) She has repeatedly discussed her introversion, and 2) She is an obvious STP.

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
It's funny how most everyone (on here) thinks MBTI is more Jungian (I do)

Most here never read "Psychological Types" by Jung. As almost no one read socionics books, but maybe only some had a quick look at socionics sites.
I recommend those who think that functional model of introverted types made by Jung and in MBT is the same, just read original Jung's book - this should be enough for most of to change their opinion.

In short, - functions (Ti, Te, etc.) of introverted types in MBT are as at Jungian types with other J/P and it's a wrong model, while socionics use original Jungian functional model and have more developed functions (MBT have really developed MBTI and thus preferences only). One preference (E/I) in socionics have "extended" intrepretation but where it not controverts to Jung, and in practice socionics use Jung's E/I interpretation mostly.

Fecal McAngry

Most here never read "Psychological Types" by Jung. As almost no one read socionics books, but maybe only some had a quick look at socionics sites.
I recommend those who think that functional model of introverted types made by Jung and in MBT is the same, just read original Jung's book - this should be enough for most of to change their opinion.

In short, - functions (Ti, Te, etc.) of introverted types in MBT are as at Jungian types with other J/P and it's a wrong model, while socionics use original Jungian functional model and have more developed functions (MBT have really developed MBTI and thus preferences only). One preference (E/I) in socionics have "extended" intrepretation but where it not controverts to Jung, and in practice socionics use Jung's E/I interpretation mostly.
Does anyone here speak Sol? Can you translate please?

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
She has repeatedly discussed her introversion, and 2) She is an obvious STP.

She could to read a couple of books to do so. It's not enough for a good understanding, typology needs much practice. And even having it, there is still some probability of a mistake about own type.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Amelia Earhart always struck me as an ISTP.

I think I've heard Eleanor Roosevelt typed as an INFJ.

Janis Joplin seems like an ESFP. Some of her comments could be interpreted as "N", but I think it was part of the hip talk of her day more than her internal thought processes, but I'm not sure about that. The E and F P are to the far end of the spectrum for her, though.

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
Be sure I've read it. I agree there might be some ambivalences, like when Jung calls Nietzsche an 'introverted thinker' (if I'm right), while he is generally seen MBTI-wise as an INTJ (so with Te). I think there's the main difference.

You're very inconcrete here.