• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Famous Women and their Types!

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Why on Earth would Paris Hilton be an INFP? What are her deeply held values, for one?

Idolization of will power, for example. The problem is that information about her in mass media is very limited and stereotyped as "dirty barbie girl".

P. S. I use interpretation of types based on jungian model, not on wrong MB-model. I recommend to read intoverted types descriptions in socionics texts.

Heart&Brain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Great idea! Difficult guesswork too!
But I would like to up the challenge and find some accomplished women who are NOT necessarily from the world of pop and paparazzi.
(Also, there IS a world outside America, just saying...:smile:)

NFs:
ENFP: Agatha Christie
INFP: Sylvia Plath
ENFJ: Gro Harlem Brundtland
INFJ: Hannah Arendt

NTs:
ENTP: Rosa Luxembourg
INTP: Marie Curie
INTJ: Queen Elizabeth I
ENTJ: Angela Merckel

SJs:
ISFJ: Princess Diana
ESFJ: Oprah Winfrey
ISTJ: Mother Theresa
ESTJ: Winnie Mandela

SPs:
ESFP: Mata Hari
ISFP: Louise Bourgeois
ESTP: Whoopie Goldberg
ISTP: Frida Kahlo

Btw, when I was afraid I ran out of names, I found this site with some nice lists over famous women for the ambitious type-guessers: Famous Women in History - The Society and Culture Beat - SearchBeat.com
Didn't attempt to type any of them, so they are all free for the take! :static:

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
As for the original post, I agree with a lot of them, but a few I would change...

Oprah-EsFJ but definitely a case for N
Meryl Streep-INFP
Paris Hilton-ESTP, like Madonna only not talented at anything in particular. I'm not one to take offense b/c someone typed a person I don't like with my 4 letters; I'm just saying INFP could not be more incorrect on its own merits.

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
don't bother, you can't convince him anyway

The aim to post here is not always to convince somebody, but to express an opinion also.
As for "conviction", to make somebody with an experience in typology to change his opinion is imposible with "arguments" wich are common at forums.

Many disagreement with INFP version for Hilton was from people thinking their own type is INFP. It's udnerstandable that people not wish that SUCH BAD :) girl have the same type as them.

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Heart&Brain
Angela Merckel and Whoopie Goldberg are F type.

Heart&Brain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Heart&Brain
Angela Merckel and Whoopie Goldberg are F type.

Merkel, F? No way.
She has a doctorate in quantum chemistry, you know.

From wikipedia:
"Merkel worked and studied at the Central Institute for Physical Chemistry of the Academy of Sciences in Berlin-Adlershof from 1978 to 1990. She learned to speak Russian fluently, and earned a statewide prize for her proficiency. After being awarded a doctorate (Dr. rer. nat.) for her thesis on quantum chemistry she worked as a researcher."

I'd say she fits the letters ENTJ really well:
Involved in student clubs from early on, seek visibility = E
Linguistics + politics (for broad intellectual tastes) = N
Quantum chemistry = T
Consistent work for positions of recognition, power and influence = J.
Thus ENTJ= The Fieldmarshall.

Goldberg I doubted too, though.
She's ESxP for sure, no Si, definitely Se.
But she doesn't give off the vibe of magnetic 'flirty-feely' connectivity coming from ESFPs like Marilyn Monroe. Goldberg is more about this respectless oddball kind of extraverted-sensing comedic creativity that I associate with STP.
(Honestly, she reminds me of my ESTP daughter and granny. Lots of warmth there too, but it's not of an F-kind.)

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
She has a doctorate in quantum chemistry, you know.

It's not impossible. I know one doctor of technical sciences, - the head of department in the university, - ESFP. A little of: persistence + help of other people + luck and money = many men with a minimal talant can become a "doctorate in quantum chemistry".

But she doesn't give off the vibe of magnetic 'flirty-feely' connectivity coming from ESFPs like Marilyn Monroe.

You should try to compare her with ESTPs such as: Carmen Electra, Lucy Lawless, Sharon Stone, ... she gives other impression in emotions.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Many disagreement with INFP version for Hilton was from people thinking their own type is INFP. It's udnerstandable that people not wish that SUCH BAD :) girl have the same type as them.

Wrong :) I admit I kind of like Paris Hilton. She is so individualistic and she so doesn't care what people think of her that it's almost admirable. I find her really entertaining, but there's no way in the world she's an INFP. NF doesn't make any sense. SP + ST does. By the way, I see you're orienting mainly by your feeling, well - Paris Hilton feels to me exactly like an ISTP friend of mine who I originally thought to be an ENTP. They have the same lifestyle, opinions, and they even look similar.

Heart&Brain

MBTI Type
ENFP
It's not impossible. I know one doctor of technical sciences, - the head of department in the university, - ESFP. A little of: persistence + help of other people + luck and money = many men with a minimal talant can become a "doctorate in quantum chemistry".
Well, neither of us really know the inner cognitive preferences of Angela Merkel so nothing is impossible. But given what I do know, some things seem more improbable than others. What things do you know about her that makes it probable that she's F, rather than T?
You should try to compare her with ESTPs such as: Carmen Electra, Lucy Lawless, Sharon Stone, ... she gives other impression in emotions.

I suppose you are now talking Goldberg?
The names you mention mean pretty faces to me and not much more. I've no knowledge of their cognitive processing or if they'll go over in history for some original, long term, non-staged accomplishments.

Back to Goldberg: If she was ESFP her feeling function would be Fi, thus introverted, ethical intensity rather than hands-on display and organisation of feeling. Dunno, does that really fit her? Meh. I'd say no, she's too tom-boy funny. Anyway, don't really care, I just wanted to find one of each type. :cheese:

Can anybody propose a good shot for a historically remarkable female ESTP politician / writer / engineer / scientist / painter / inventor / sailor / adventurer.... whatever (just no pop, please).

Does anybody dare to guess the type of Eleanor Roosevelt?

Oh, maybe Frida Kahlo was really not an I, but an ESTP? (She was into boxing as a kid. A dom-Se disabled and in pain - what a tragedy :cry:)

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
given what I do know, some things seem more improbable than others.

I just wanted to explain that argument about education without taking in account many other things is rather poor. If she was a great chemist - that would be much more revealing.

What things do you know about her that makes it probable that she's F, rather than T?

Just feel her so. I use the so called image method, - analyse intuitive impressions from a non-verbal behavior of a man.

Back to Goldberg: If she was ESFP her feeling function would be Fi, thus introverted, ethical intensity rather than hands-on display and organisation of feeling. Dunno, does that really fit her? Meh. I'd say no, she's too tom-boy funny.

The main difference between Fi and Fe - Fi analyses subjective feelings to an object (peronal sympathy/antipathy), while Fe - gives ethical evaluation of an object itself (as it is for all people in a society, for example), it's not about expression of feelings. "ethical intensity rather than hands-on display" is more a difference between intoverted and extraverted F person. I recommend you to read types descriptions at socionics sites, they are more accurate.

Can anybody propose a good shot for a historically remarkable female ESTP politician / writer / engineer / scientist / painter / inventor / sailor / adventurer.... whatever (just no pop, please).

Condoleezza Rice - politician
Marina Popovich - pilot
Valentina Matviyenko - politician

Frida Kahlo was really not an I, but an ESTP?

ISTJ, maybe (again, recommend to read description of type not at MB, where jungian model was perverted)

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's an ordinary reaction when versions of type differ. :)

It's my versions based on image method.

Idolization of will power, for example. The problem is that information about her in mass media is very limited and stereotyped as "dirty barbie girl".

P. S. I use interpretation of types based on jungian model, not on wrong MB-model. I recommend to read intoverted types descriptions in socionics texts.

You haven't given any argument that actually analyzes Paris Hilton's behavior/quotes to support she is INFP. "Idolizing will power" could be many types.

I think many of us here are very familiar with Jung's theory, including myself. This isn't a Socionics forum either, and I'd argue MBTI is more faithful to Jung anyway.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Hey, what about Camille Claudel? I know she has the historical reputation of having been Rodin's bitch, but I personally like her Clotho better than almost all of Rodin's work (except his Eve.)

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
You haven't given any argument that actually analyzes Paris Hilton's behavior/quotes to support she is INFP.

I have just answered a question: "What are her deeply held values, for one?" The trait I've said is a "deeply held value" for INFP and INTP types, more to say this kind of idolization is most evident at these types.

MBTI is more faithful to Jung anyway.

MBT use VERY different model of functions for introverted types than was used by Jung. If you read Jung's book, you know it.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Gwen Stefani is most def. an ENFP.

Why do you think so? I once saw her helping the singers on American Idol and she was very very different than she was on stage - quiet, unassuming. When she goes on stage, it is like you are flipping a performer switch.

Fecal McAngry

Great idea! Difficult guesswork too!
But I would like to up the challenge and find some accomplished women who are NOT necessarily from the world of pop and paparazzi.
(Also, there IS a world outside America, just saying...:smile:)

NFs:
ENFP: Agatha Christie
INFP: Sylvia Plath
ENFJ: Gro Harlem Brundtland
INFJ: Hannah Arendt

NTs:
ENTP: Rosa Luxembourg
INTP: Marie Curie
INTJ: Queen Elizabeth I
ENTJ: Angela Merckel

SJs:
ISFJ: Princess Diana
ESFJ: Oprah Winfrey
ISTJ: Mother Theresa
ESTJ: Winnie Mandela

SPs:
ESFP: Mata Hari
ISFP: Louise Bourgeois
ESTP: Whoopie Goldberg
ISTP: Frida Kahlo
So unfamiliar with so many. But some quick corrections: Shy Di was an ISFP, Oprah is an ENFJ, Plath was an INFJ...and Goldberg is not an ESTP, although I am not a fan, and therefore...unfamiliar with her...