Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Famous Women and their Types!

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

I feel Britney Spears is an ISFP, not ESFP.

Leighton Meester
    ENTP.
    6w7.

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_ View Post
    MBT use VERY different model of functions for introverted types than was used by Jung. If you read Jung's book, you know it.
    It's funny how most everyone (on here) thinks MBTI is more Jungian (I do), while what you say I've heard one time strongly being said by an ISTJ (on this forum). Maybe there are different interpretations from an Si-standpoint?

That person said 'You have to look, then you will see', you say 'If you read, you will know'...
    Could you explain a bit of the difference you see?
    INtj | 9w1

I doubt she has good understanding of Jungian typology. Even some who study typology for years may change opinion about their own type.
    I have no idea whether or not Stone (Sharon, not the ENTP director) has studied MBTI. However, 1) She has repeatedly discussed her introversion, and 2) She is an obvious STP.

Quote Originally Posted by inebriato View Post
    I feel Britney Spears is an ISFP, not ESFP.
    Has Britney lead an introverted or extroverted life, in your opinion?

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Llewellyn View Post
    It's funny how most everyone (on here) thinks MBTI is more Jungian (I do)
    Most here never read "Psychological Types" by Jung. As almost no one read socionics books, but maybe only some had a quick look at socionics sites.
    I recommend those who think that functional model of introverted types made by Jung and in MBT is the same, just read original Jung's book - this should be enough for most of to change their opinion.

In short, - functions (Ti, Te, etc.) of introverted types in MBT are as at Jungian types with other J/P and it's a wrong model, while socionics use original Jungian functional model and have more developed functions (MBT have really developed MBTI and thus preferences only). One preference (E/I) in socionics have "extended" intrepretation but where it not controverts to Jung, and in practice socionics use Jung's E/I interpretation mostly.

Most here never read "Psychological Types" by Jung. As almost no one read socionics books, but maybe only some had a quick look at socionics sites.
    I recommend those who think that functional model of introverted types made by Jung and in MBT is the same, just read original Jung's book - this should be enough for most of to change their opinion.

In short, - functions (Ti, Te, etc.) of introverted types in MBT are as at Jungian types with other J/P and it's a wrong model, while socionics use original Jungian functional model and have more developed functions (MBT have really developed MBTI and thus preferences only). One preference (E/I) in socionics have "extended" intrepretation but where it not controverts to Jung, and in practice socionics use Jung's E/I interpretation mostly.
    Does anyone here speak Sol? Can you translate please?

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    She has repeatedly discussed her introversion, and 2) She is an obvious STP.
    She could to read a couple of books to do so. It's not enough for a good understanding, typology needs much practice. And even having it, there is still some probability of a mistake about own type.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    Can you translate please?
    Better read Jung, his book is translated to English by professional translators.

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    MBTI
    IXFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFp None

Amelia Earhart always struck me as an ISTP.

I think I've heard Eleanor Roosevelt typed as an INFJ.

Janis Joplin seems like an ESFP. Some of her comments could be interpreted as "N", but I think it was part of the hip talk of her day more than her internal thought processes, but I'm not sure about that. The E and F P are to the far end of the spectrum for her, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Crunch View Post
    It might be fine for some people, but I rather not live in a world where people think it is okay for dolphins to rape each other.

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Be sure I've read it. I agree there might be some ambivalences, like when Jung calls Nietzsche an 'introverted thinker' (if I'm right), while he is generally seen MBTI-wise as an INTJ (so with Te). I think there's the main difference.

You're very inconcrete here.
    INtj | 9w1

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast