• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Secretary

Bowie

MBTI Type
ENTP
I did a search, nothing came up, so I thought I'd throw it out there to see what you guys thought.

Lee - ISFP?
Edward- ESTJ or ENTJ?

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I did a search, nothing came up, so I thought I'd throw it out there to see what you guys thought.

Lee - ISFP?
Edward- ESTJ or ENTJ?

Lee: ISFP

Edward: ESTJ

I really disliked this movie.

I'm not sure why, though.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I think Edward is more ISTJ. The fact that he's dominant in an S&M relationship doesn't mean that he's an extravert (not to mention that it's implied that he was the submissive in a previous relationship). We never see him interact with others much, and he seems like an excessively private person.

On the other hand, I'd argue that Edward has nearly as many issues as Lee (for whom ISFP seems a logical fit), and it's consequently difficult to type him. He could be a repressed F type. I find James Spader's characters to be fascinatingly complex and layered. I haven't heard anyone speculate on his type, but I think he's ENFP.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think Edward is more ISTJ. The fact that he's dominant in an S&M relationship doesn't mean that he's an extravert (not to mention that it's implied that he was the submissive in a previous relationship). We never see him interact with others much, and he seems like an excessively private person.

On the other hand, I'd argue that Edward has nearly as many issues as Lee (for whom ISFP seems a logical fit), and it's consequently difficult to type him. He could be a repressed F type. I find James Spader's characters to be fascinatingly complex and layered. I haven't heard anyone speculate on his type, but I think he's ENFP.

Yeah, I can see that.

I didn't really much thought into my typing, actually.

yumchesspie

MBTI Type
idk
Enneagram
5w6
I don't see Edward as being extroverted at all.

He's also more hesitant/ambivalent about the nature of the relationship than Lee is. I'm not sure if it's because it initially goes against his personal sense of right or wrong, or because he's afraid of what people will think. I also think I see some N in him, and he seems to become more aggressive when stressed or if he's shown restraint for too long. He seems to use Se when he has pent up frustration. He also seems strategic and likes to test new ideas to see how Lee will react to them. I almost get INTJ vibes.