• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Office

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
The Office - type 'em

First of all, let me say what a damn good show. -- clever, witty, funny and heart-warming (hate using that term but for the lack of a better one...). :cheers:

So how would you type the characters (Pam in specific :wubbie: :D. Infp?)

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Ruh-roh. My bad... Bored and posting from my phone. Browsing and searchin to see if they already exist is difficult. I was afraid there was already one made but risked it anyway. 8()

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I think Dwight's enthusiasm in asissting Michael in his crazy ideas and taking his side in arguments, just his ass kissing in general is the funniest part of the show. He gets so excited. Haha

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Michael: ESFP
Dwight: ESTJ
Ryan: ISTJ
Pam: ISFJ
Jim: ESFP
Angela: ISTJ
Stanley: ISTJ
Toby: INFJ (maybe that explains why I like him so much) or perhaps INFP
Kevin: ISFP
Oscar: ISFJ
Phyllis: ESFP
Meredith: ISTP
Jan: Unhealthy ENTJ

I get the sense that Jim and Pam are Ss.

Last edited:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Michael: ESFP
Ryan: INTP
Pam: INFP
Jim: INTP
Kevin: ISTP
Oscar: ESTP
Phyllis: ISFJ
Toby: ISTP
Meredith: ESTP
Jan: ENTJ
Kelly: ESFP

redacted

Michael - ENFP
Dwight - ESTJ
Ryan - INTJ
Pam - ISFJ
Jim - ISTP
Angela - ISTJ

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Interesting that we all have such different guesses!

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Michael: ENFP
Ryan: ENTJ/INTP
Pam: IxFP
Jim: INTP
Oscar: ISTJ
Phyllis: ISFP
Toby: ISFP
Jan: ExTJ

Haha. Alright -- my final submission.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Okay, I'm willing to concede that Michael is ENFP. He's definitely a theory/ideas person, even if he doesn't always understand what he's talking about.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Michael - ENFP
Jim - ISFP
Pam - ISFJ
Dwight - IxTJ
Angela - ISTJ

Negative_

toby ixfx - 9
michael enfx - 3
jim xstp - 7
dwight estj
pam ixfp
andy esfx - 3? maybe a different wing/variant than michael.
angela isfj - 1?
warehouse workers istp
stanley istj - 6?

Cronkle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Holly is like Michael, they're very similar in the episodes. I'd say, ENFP!

maliafee

U.S. Office
=======

Michael: ENFJ (He is SO NOT SP... SPs often act pretty SJ in offices, but find little ways of getting their P out [Jim and Pam play games all day long, both ISFPs imo]. Michael is always trying to invent (N) ways of creatively doing things and worked at his job for 15 years before leaving, which is pretty J [although of course there are lots of P's who have stayed at jobs that long].)
Dwight: INTJ (just yes he is one!!!)
Ryan: ESTP (Thailand, Jan's job, bowling alley, etc. etc. etc.)
Pam: ISFP (they can look like J's in an office, especially female ones)
Jim: ISFP (maybe INTP)
***I think Jim and Pam are ISFPs because he is so much like my ISFP ex and we met in an office and our relationship (at first, until we both finally quit those jobs) was very similar in the office. Pam and Jim play and have fun all day long. HOWEVER, they are S's and both know when to be serious at work, too.***
Oscar: ESFJ
Phyllis: ISFJ (<--not sure on her)
Angela: ISfJ (I only do not say ISTJ because she grooms her cats with her own tongue. If an ISTJ can do that, then ISTJ.)
Stanley: ISTP
Toby: INFP
Charles Minor: ISTJ
Holly: INFJ or ENFJ

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i would like to challenge the idea that Dwight is an S

Dwight is ENTJ. just because you are N, does not mean you are a genius or off the wall thinking. I think some NJs would say they have hyper focus rather than some crazy creativity.

+Dwight is often BREAKING protocol to prove a "principle". an ESTJ would probably break principle, just to follow protocol.

ex: when he cuts the face off of the CPR doll with a hunting knife, when Dwight causes a fake fire in that same episode so that he can run a fire drill, when Dwight takes over and tries to paint Michaels office black etc

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Michael: ENFJ
Dwight: ENTJ
Ryan: INTP
Pam: INFJ
Jim: ENTP
Kevin: ISFP
Oscar: ISFJ
Phyllis: ISFP
Toby: ISFP
Andy: ESFJ

jim has tertiary Fe, pam has auxilary Fe. why they have so many moments of uncertainty, wary steps, unsure of their own feelings and over-responsive to the others. pam is a dominant perceiver but her judgment is very tightly composed on the outside, "no that's impractical," the clothes, the restrictedness, etc. jim can think on his feet very easily, come up with something off the top of his head, find a way. when he uses Ti he knows what do do.

michael is an enfj, dominant Fe why he at first likes andy bernard so much (esfj). dwight is an entj for that crazy glassy stare they get, so focused on making everything look a certain way, the power trips, etc. ryan is an intp that sees his chance and takes it, his inability to disarm kelly via his inferior Fe is hilarious. he just does not know what to do with it.