User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Thread: The Office

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

michael is enfj. i think we are agreeing that isfj does in fact make a lot of sense for pam.

jim is a problem bc of jim's character on the show vs jim the actor. what type was he in away we go? what type is the actor? i could get entp for the actor but the role in the office very well could be S. he seems imaginative even if he is very down-to-earth (as is his language).

in away we go he seems infj/enfp with an intj wife? felt like Fe but coulda been the actor himself, who feels more Fe to me than Fi and more Ti.

ryan is definitely an intp bc he is introverted Ti dom. he looks and acts like an intp 3. dwight is extj, i could see very few N characters on the show in second thought. mike could be esfj with tertiary Ne spilling out to, but he is so dumb it's difficult to tell. actually on second thought i say esfj with a little more Ne than you'd expect.

real steve carrell could be an enfj or an intp?

MBTI
    I

I've been watching this show quite a bit recently. These are the typings I have come up with:

Michael - ENFP (the guy is very clearly a Perceiver. He mixes fun with work, is pretty spontaneous and playful. Hates to work or plan anything, doesn't show J in the least.)

Jim - ISFP (Jim is very clearly introverted. It seems as though everyone loves this guy, and he is nice to everyone, even to Dwight, he messes up his stuff in a very friendly way.)

Pam - ISFJ (Reminds me almost 100% of an ISFJ I know. This girl is a definite ISFJ, she's kind, structured, introverted, etc. )

Dwight - xSTJ (I knew this guy was a TJ but I didn't know if he was N or S. Then I realized how much value he places in tradition and history. This guy is STJ, he's all about getting the job done. Now the question is E or I? I used to think Introvert, but then I don't think an ISTJ would be as power hungry as he is. Tough call though.)

Angela - ISTJ (Quiet, dedicated, frighteningly serious, enough said)

Kelly - ESFP (Does not work hard, all she does is talk, she's definitely ESFP)

Others:

Ryan - ISTP
    Stanley - ISTJ
    Andy - INTJ
    Oscar - ISFJ
    Kevin - INFP
    Toby - INFJ

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Well, I can't miss a chance to type Office characters . . .

Michael - ENFP
    Jim - INTP
    Dwight - ESTJ
    Pam - ISFJ
    Angela - ISTJ
    Oscar - ISTP
    Kevin - ISTP
    Jan - ESTJ

Toby - ISFP
    Ryan - INTP / ENTJ
    Stanley - ISTJ
    Charles - ISTJ
    David Wallace - INTP
    Meredith - xSTP
    Andy - ESFJ
    Erin - ExFP

Holly - ENFJ
    Karen - ISFJ
    Creed - ISTP
    Kelly - ESFP

Other:
    Jim's brothers: ESTJ/ESTP

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Michael- 100% ESFP
    Dwight- Typical ESTJ geek
    Jim- ENTP ( I know an entp thats exactly the same)
    Pam- not sure isfp/j
    Andy- ESFP
    Oscar, Stanley, Angela- all ISTJ
    Kelly- ESFP
    Ryan- ESTP Watch when he gets the promotion. Thats his true personality
    phyllis-ISFJ
    kevin- ISFP

MBTI
    INTJ

At least four separate people have told me that I remind them of Pam to a tee. That being said, I think she is either an INFJ or an ISFP. I don't see her as being an ISFJ or an INFP at all. I think Jim is either ENTP or ISTP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Hey, Night!
    I used one of your post as a sample to correct.
    Hope you don't mind...

Michael: ENFP
    Dwight: ENTJ (just absolutely ridiculous, though)
    Ryan: ESTP
    Pam: InFP (I've been rejecting Pam as INFP ever since I saw someone suggest it: "No! She's ISFP. ISFP, people! No way she's INFP." But I think I'm beginning to agree )
    Jim: EnTP (NF/NT pairings, 4EVER)
    Angela: ISTJ (an extreme case)
    Stanley: ISTJ
    Toby: ISFJ (Yeah, the ISFJ type often gets confused for INFP.. absurd)
    Kevin: ISfP (He's... special [], so I don't know if he can be properly typed.)
    Oscar: eSTP
    Phyllis: ISFJ
    Meredith: ISTP (Isn't Meredith a bit of a fireball..? Spitball? I'm not good with idiomatic expressions )
    Jan: ESTJ
    Andy: ESTP
    Karen: eSTP
    Creed: ISTP (His type is actually "creep," but for all intentions and purposes... )
    Kelly: ESFP
    Last edited by neptunesnet; 11-09-2009 at 07:17 PM.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I always thought Dwight was an ISTJ. He's too much of a sensor. Looking at details. Continuously using his senses and sucking up to his boss. I doubt an ENTJ or INTJ would do that.

I thought Micheal was an ENFJ. It seems to fit him much more than ENFP considering he's never late, wears his clothes in a complete fashion and using a large amount of Fe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    I always thought Dwight was an ISTJ. He's too much of a sensor. Looking at details. Continuously using his senses and sucking up to his boss. I doubt an ENTJ or INTJ would do that.

I thought Micheal was an ENFJ. It seems to fit him much more than ENFP considering he's never late, wears his clothes in a complete fashion and using a large amount of Fe.
    Yeah. I can see that.
    But Dwight always comes up with all these kooky plans that an ESTJ just wouldn't have time for. Plus, he's the epitome of the evil (non)genius.
    ...Wait, epiphany.
    Maybe that's where the distinction lies: the xSTJ appears evil but never accomplishes his evil endeavors while the xNTJ actually is evil and always succeeds in evil(..ery).
    Dwight as xSTJ makes sense!
    <goes back to edit post>

I can see Michael all over that Fe.
    Possibly maybe ENFp?
    The little man in my head keeps telling that he's ENFP, although ENFj is plausible. I don't know...
    Michael, like Dwight, comes up with a bunch of crazy, impossible ideas for the company without any real aspirations other than maintaining the illusion of being a great boss. I honestly think M Scott is a terribly sad character although he makes me laugh the hardest. I'm always going "Awww..." right alongside a good amount of laughter while watching him.
    Last edited by neptunesnet; 11-09-2009 at 07:19 PM.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Yeah. I can see that.
    But Dwight always comes up with all these kooky plans that an ESTJ just wouldn't have time for. Plus, he's the epitome of the evil (non)genius.
    ...Wait, epiphany.
    Maybe that's where the distinction lies: the xSTJ appears evil but never accomplishes his evil endeavors while the xNTJ actually is evil and always succeeds in evil(..ery).
    Dwight as xSTJ makes sense!
    <goes back to edit post>
    I'm funny sometimes.

I can see Michael all over that Fe.
    Possiblymaybe ENFp?
    The little man in my head keeps telling that he's ENFP, although ENFj is quite plausible. I don't know...
    Michael, like Dwight, comes up with a bunch of crazy, impossible ideas for the company without any real aspirations other than maintaining the illusion of being a great boss. I honestly think M Scott is a terribly sad character although he makes me laugh the hardest. I'm always going "Awww..." right alongside a good amount of laughter while watching him.
    Yea. Micheal is definitely quite the cringe maker. But it's what makes the show really fun to watch.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Michael Scott is an ESFP -- he's the lovable doofus archetype. Homer Simpson and the main character from The Family Guy are also ESFPs.

I'd say you're on point with Dwight as ISTJ.

Pam is definitely an IxxJ. I'm uncertain though of the middle letters.

I have no idea on Jim's type. I'm having trouble classifying an insightful, sexy nerd...