User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Thread: The Office

MBTI
    INTP

I couldn't think of Stanley as an ISTP. The most action I've seen him do on the show was take the stairset. He's also a deskjockey. He hates Michael, and hates the company (shown on the webisode where $3000 dollars was missing). If Jim was an ENTP, he'd have an extraordinary amount of trouble putting together as many jokes on Dwight as did (especially replacing his desk with wrapping).
    Michael is undoubtedly an ESFP (like ya mentioned). It is structed through his daily ritual to kiss a baby.

deleted

Most people say ESFP for Michael Scott. Some say ENFJ.

I'm not really sure Michael's outlook and behaviors are all that Fe. If they were Fe, he would be a lot more consistent with and assured about the objectivity of proper actions, and not spontaneously contradict himself and his promises and relationships. Where as ESFPs with Fi as secondary may constantly adjust their behaviors to others in an attempt to fit in, in the moment, and by way in the example of Michael Scott of retorting to the camera with some Fi-secondary argument, like "I'm a good person for doing such," which plays into some of his deeper motivation, along with his natural excitable happy-go-lucky entertainer capacity. Fi is known for its ill-suited nature as it attempts and fights to appropriately attach its morals to certain outlets of the objective world, without much long-term correspondence, and ESFPs are generally known for their spontaneity and compelling nature. Just my thoughts for now (any contradictions or other points? as I don't watch this show that much.)

He could even be ISFP, as his Fi in some roles recollected seems more defensive than it does affective, and he has plenty of social problems. I'll have to watch more.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Michael: ESFP He's definitely a feeler. And often a selfish one at that. Very weak intuition.
    Pam: ISFx Her art was very S and not N. I just can't ever decide if she's more Si/Fe or Fi/Se.
    Jim: ESTP He's very comfortable in the spotlight. Always calm and relaxed, but seems like a charismatic, promoter type to me. And obviously a prankster.
    Dwight: ENTx He often seems to lean more towards Ne/Ti though. And interchange with Te/Ni or Si.
    Jan: ESTJ
    Angela: ISTJ
    Kelly: ESFP
    Phyllis: ISFP
    Kevin: xSxP
    Ryan: IxTx
    Stanley: ISTJ
    Tobey: IxFJ
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Yeah, Pam is likely an ISFJ. Michael seemed more like an introvert. Dwight seems like an INTJ. I don't know why this show is so popular, I kinda found it boring after the first few episodes.
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Michael seemed more like an introvert.
    While I can't peg down his exact type, Michael is most certainly an extrovert(personally, I always thought ENFP). He absolutely craves social interactions, yet he lacks the ability to know how to conduct himself properly when faced with them. He also tends to blurt out whatever comes to mind with little filtering or giving prior thought to the social ramification for doing so. It also seems like Michael is one of the few intuitives surrounded by extroverts. On he hand he's completely oblivious to most social norms and things physically going on around him, but on the other he defaults to lots of metaphorical speech, which usually ends up with him going on a total Ne ramble that everyone else tends to nit-pick the little small discrepancies of as opposed to looking at the overall picture to a lot of what he's saying.

Also, Dwight always struck me as a hardcore ISTJ; He cares way too much about maintaining established rules, procedure, and order to really strike me as a proper INTJ. He also puts a lot of stock in attaining even trivial positions of power to distinguish himself as superior to his colleagues.

Anew Leaf

Dwight: ISTJ (too much into rules to be an INTJ)
    Jim: ENTP (he's awesome. )
    Pam: IXFP (her lack of ability to initially express emotions to Jim seems very Fi to me)
    Angela: ISTJ

Michael: I have had a hard time pinning this down as well, but I like Stigmata's analysis. I could see ENFP as well...
    David: ENTJ

I found the first few seasons to be absolutely hilarious, but kind of lost an interest once Jim and Pam got married. No coincidence at all...

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I don't know why this show is so popular, I kinda found it boring after the first few episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    While I can't peg down his exact type, Michael is most certainly an extrovert(personally, I always thought ENFP). He absolutely craves social interactions, yet he lacks the ability to know how to conduct himself properly when faced with them. He also tends to blurt out whatever comes to mind with little filtering or giving prior thought to the social ramification for doing so. It also seems like Michael is one of the few intuitives surrounded by extroverts. On he hand he's completely oblivious to most social norms and things physically going on around him, but on the other he defaults to lots of metaphorical speech, which usually ends up with him going on a total Ne ramble that everyone else tends to nit-pick the little small discrepancies of as opposed to looking at the overall picture to a lot of what he's saying.

Also, Dwight always struck me as a hardcore ISTJ; He cares way too much about maintaining established rules, procedure, and order to really strike me as a proper INTJ. He also puts a lot of stock in attaining even trivial positions of power to distinguish himself as superior to his colleagues.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I concur
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I found the first few seasons to be absolutely hilarious, but kind of lost an interest once Jim and Pam got married. No coincidence at all...
    Same here for the most part. The office now exists on its own fame, as opposed to what's actually going on plot wise. Personally, I think the show should've ended in season 4, or 5 at the latest. The tone of the show has been so completely deviated from the original themes and concepts from the original seasons, which was originally just supposed to be about idiosyncrasies of the people working in this particular office building, yet not to be done in such an outlandish manner as to appear completely atypical; It was supposed to be satirical, yet relatable. Around season 3 & 4 the focus became less about what was actually going on in the inner day-to-day working of this office, but more the crazy antics of Michael Scott and how those under his employment reacted to him. I can't even bring myself to watch the show now with Will Ferrell on the cast because I already know it's going to be just completely unrealistic and overdone.

Ginkgo

Same here for the most part. The office now exists on its own fame, as opposed to what's actually going on plot wise. Personally, I think the show should've ended in season 4, or 5 at the latest. The tone of the show has been so completely deviated from the original themes and concepts from the original seasons, which was originally just supposed to be about idiosyncrasies of the people working in this particular office building, yet not to be done in such an outlandish manner as to appear completely atypical; It was supposed to be satirical, yet relatable. Around season 3 & 4 the focus became less about what was actually going on in the inner day-to-day working of this office, but more the crazy antics of Michael Scott and how those under his employment reacted to him. I can't even bring myself to watch the show now with Will Ferrell on the cast because I already know it's going to be just completely unrealistic and overdone.
    Yes. The value of the comedy was found in the quirks of the characters. If you're not in on the gag, then you're going to be alienated. However, since The Office had a relate-able premise, it easily drew the average worker into its cubicles. Since season 5, the show has become so convoluted with the subplots of the individual characters that their idiosyncrasies no longer shine.