• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Princes Will & Harry

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, I guess she's way more airy-fairy than earthy, that's for sure. She seems to have this sort-of tragic sadness to her as well, like an underlying pain that is just dying to burst through to the surface, but is repressed self-denying-ly in order to keep composure on the outside (now that I read this, I see that there are way, way too many hyphens in this sentence). That reminds me of INFP-ness, though I don't know if I've ever seen that in any description (and I'm too lazy to look right now).

Yeah I definitely agree and have noticed that in INFPs. Perhaps this has to do with why there are so many INFP artists/musicians.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Yeah I definitely agree and have noticed that in INFPs. Perhaps this has to do with why there are so many INFP artists/musicians.

Yes, so instead of bursting into tears, they let all of that burst forth into song.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
She does come across as something of a drama queen when it comes to expressing her feelings and quite passive-agressive and blaming, which are not INFP qualities I'm particualrly familiar with. INFPs tend to keep their positive and negative feelings pretty much to themselves except with close friends and confidantes, and certainly not to talk about them if pressed.

A more typical INFP response to a stanger who is just probing out of curiosity and probably doesn't really care (i.e. a journalist!) asking how said INFP is feeling runs more like this:

*Thinks: why the hell should I tell you* - *makes self smile, with inward feelings of sarcasm* - "Fine, thank you."- *tries to steer them on to less personal topic" Diana's way of communicating her feelings so that everyone knows about them smacks more of **FJ to me (sorry FJ's, I'm not having a go at you here). She does seem quite introverted, however. I*FJ is my best guess at present.

However, I wouldn't consider it beyond the bounds of possibility that she COULD be an INFP. Just a very icky one if so :sick:
I was physically unable to watch these interviews all the way through at the first attempt, though, so my opinion might change if I tried again :devil:

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
She is INFP without a doubt. She actually took the MBTI test. She tested as INFP. She agreed with the result. I can't find the link atm but one of her New-Age friends got her on to it.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
BTW, I've just noticed that this thread was originally started about her sons *not very interesting, so I'm not surprised that the subject has changed so rapidly*. Nevertheless:

:offtopic: ;)

Isn't there a Diana thread already though?

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
A more typical INFP response to a stanger who is just probing out of curiosity and probably doesn't really care (i.e. a journalist!) asking how said INFP is feeling runs more like this:

I think she was kind of like that with the woman trying to ask her questions in that clip with her coming out of the car. And I don't think she came off as a "drama queen", nor do I quite understand how that wouldn't be INFP even if she did.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
BTW, I've just noticed that this thread was originally started about her sons *not very interesting, so I'm not surprised that the subject has changed so rapidly*. Nevertheless:

:offtopic: ;)

Isn't there a Diana thread already though?

No. I searched and found this one, so I resurrected it in order to include the perspectives from the earlier discussion. And boy, I might add that you are like the thread resurrection police lately.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
No. I searched and found this one, so I resurrected it in order to include the perspectives from the earlier discussion. And boy, I might add that you are like the thread resurrection police lately.

That was yesterday if it's the one I'm thinking of: I was trying to stop too many fellow sensotards wasting their time on it. Due to the previous quality I hadn't actually noticed when this thread started until you pointed it out :whistling:

And I don't think she came off as a "drama queen", nor do I quite understand how that wouldn't be INFP even if she did.

I do. Icky, Icky, ICKY woman :sick:

Very emotionally manipulative at times. I'm not saying she couldn't be an INFP, particuarly in view of DN's comment ^. I just think that f she was she was a particularly yukky one, though, and I don't believe very typical. Her upbringing seems to have been quite an unhealthy one however, so it might have been as a coping mechanism for that that she learnt her tactics. They certainly seem to have been very effective at getting people to like her. *Successful mass projection of need to be loved on to others = very Fe.*

Usehername

On a mission
She does come across as something of a drama queen when it comes to expressing her feelings and quite passive-agressive and blaming, which are not INFP qualities I'm particualrly familiar with. INFPs tend to keep their positive and negative feelings pretty much to themselves except with close friends and confidantes, and certainly not to talk about them if pressed.

*Thinks: why the hell should I tell you* - *makes self smile, with inward feelings of sarcasm* - "Fine, thank you."- *tries to steer them on to less personal topic" Diana's way of communicating her feelings so that everyone knows about them smacks more of **FJ to me (sorry FJ's, I'm not having a go at you here). She does seem quite introverted, however. I*FJ is my best guess at present.

However, I wouldn't consider it beyond the bounds of possibility that she COULD be an INFP. Just a very icky one if so :sick:
I was physically unable to watch these interviews all the way through at the first attempt, though, so my opinion might change if I tried again :devil:

There's no such thing as typical when you're royalty from birth, and only moving higher up the ranks as you barely age out of high school by marrying the most royal of royalty.

She was never raised like a normal human. She just couldn't have been given her roll of the dice with her birth.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
There's no such thing as typical when you're royalty from birth, and only moving higher up the ranks as you barely age out of high school by marrying the most royal of royalty.

She was never raised like a normal human. She just couldn't have been given her roll of the dice with her birth.

Yeah I agree, I was just thinking this.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
That was yesterday if it's the one I'm thinking of: I was trying to stop too many fellow sensotards wasting their time on it. Due to the previous quality I hadn't actually noticed when this thread started until you pointed it out :whistling:

Ah, okay. Well then you are an extra sensotard, since in my first post in this thread I even mentioned that I had resurrected it, lol.

I do. Icky, Icky, ICKY woman :sick:

Very emotionally manipulative at times. I'm not saying she couldn't be an INFP, particuarly in view of DN's comment ^. I just think that f she was she was a particularly yukky one, though, and I don't believe very typical. Her upbringing seems to have been quite an unhealthy one however, so it might have been as a coping mechanism for that that she learnt her tactics. They certainly seem to have been very effective at getting people to like her. *Successful mass projection of need to be loved on to others = very Fe.*

You seem to be someone who doesn't like her to begin with, so I'm not sure if that's perhaps coloring your view of her personality. I personally don't really detect any of that in her interviews. However, being American, and thus naturally having never really given a shite about her, I don't know much about her upbringing. So you may be more qualified to speak about her than I am.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
You seem to be someone who doesn't like her to begin with, so I'm not sure if that's perhaps coloring your view of her personality. I personally don't really detect any of that in her interviews. However, being American, and thus naturally having never really given a shite about her, I don't know much about her upbringing. So you may be more qualified to speak about her than I am.

You may have a good point here, I was getting to dislike her quite a lot as a result of the continuous wall-to wall coverage of her every move in the media for several years before her timely untimely demise. I never gave a shite about her either, until she became abolutely unavoidable at all times due to the extraordinary saturation media coverage; which from what I saw of her she was only encouraging. I certainly have a low tolerance for self-publicising drama queens, particularly when the result of that self publicity is that I never stop hearing about them. I think it is tellling that other members of the royal family have been at least equally involved in promoting good causes and have suffered relationship problems (for instance, Princess Anne) without attracting 1/100 of the attention that Diana did.

Technically she wasn't actually royalty exactly, though otherwise I agree. She was actually from the aristocratic Spencer family, who began screwing themselves up when the actual royals were still managing to maintain some measure of dignty. Her brother (9th Earl Spencer) had a similarly disintegrated upbringing, and from what I've heard of him does not come across as a very appealing character.

Some info on their shared upbringing for those who are interested:):

Diana was the youngest daughter of Spencer, Viscount Althorp, later the 8th Earl Spencer, and his first wife, Frances, Viscountess Althorp (formerly the Honourable Frances Burke Roche, and later Frances Shand Kydd). She was born at Park House, Sandringham in Norfolk, England on 1 July 1961 at 6.45 in the evening.[citation needed] She was baptised at St. Mary Magdalene Church by the Rt. Rev. Percy Herbert (rector of the church and former Bishop of Norwich and Blackburn); her godparents included John Floyd (the chairman of Christie's). She was the third child to the couple, her four siblings being The Lady Sarah Spencer (born 1955), The Lady Jane Spencer (born 1957), The Honourable John Spencer (died 12 January 1960), and The Honourable Charles Spencer (born 1964). Following her parents' acrimonious divorce in 1969 (over Lady Althorp's affair with wallpaper heir Peter Shand Kydd), Diana's mother took her and her younger brother to live in an apartment in London's Knightsbridge, where Diana attended a local day school. That Christmas the Spencer children went to celebrate with their father and he subsequently refused to allow them to return to London with their mother. Lady Althorp sued for custody of her children, but Lady Althorp's mother's testimony against her daughter during the trial contributed to the court's decision to award custody of Diana and her brother to their father.

In 1976 Lord Spencer married Raine, Countess of Dartmouth, the only daughter of romantic novelist Barbara Cartland, after he was named as the "other party" in the Dartmouths' divorce. During this time Diana travelled up and down the country, living between her parents' homes—with her father at the Spencer seat in Northamptonshire, and with her mother, who had moved to the Island of Seil off the west coast of Scotland. Diana, like her siblings, did not get along with her stepmother.

*phew*

Oh, and I love this bit:

On her father's side, she was a descendant of King Charles II of England through four illegitimate sons:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
You may have a good point here, I was getting to dislike her quite a lot as a result of the continuous wall-to wall coverage of her every move in the media for several years before her timely untimely demise. I never gave a shite about her either, until she became abolutely unavoidable at all times due to the extraordinary saturation media coverage; which from what I saw of her she was only encouraging. I certainly have a low tolerance for self-publicising drama queens, particularly when the result of that self publicity is that I never stop hearing about them. I think it is tellling that other members of the royal family have been at least equally involved in promoting good causes and have suffered relationship problems (for instance, Princess Anne) without attracting 1/100 of the attention that Diana did.

Hmmm...interesting bit about her background. Thanks.

I would point out, however, that it is hard to imagine that the constant media attention given her was the result of her being an attention whore. Rather, it is probably because of all of the media attention that you view her as one. It's therefore a little unfair to criticize her for something that was in all likelihood unasked for on her part.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
Hmmm...interesting bit about her background. Thanks.

I would point out, however, that it is hard to imagine that the constant media attention given her was the result of her being an attention whore. Rather, it is probably because of all of the media attention that you view her as one. It's therefore a little unfair to criticize her for something that was in all likelihood unasked for on her part.

Your reasoning is technically sound! However, I would point out that she was under no obligation, so far as I am aware, to give the nationally televised personal interview in which she made the famous statement (this may be slightly paraphrasing, but only slightly): "I just want to be the queen of everybody's hearts." A more dramatic and attention-seeking statement than which I find it hard to imagine :sick: I found it almost unbelieveable that so many people (certainly in Britain) were prepared to accept that and feel as she wanted them to feel about her. In my mind there was room for at least doubt about whether she was doing it intentionally before she took that step (though I had VERY strong suspicions). Once it was out, however, and appeared to be having the desired effect on the susceptible, I was pretty darned certain...

Usehername

On a mission
Your reasoning is technically sound! However, I would point out that she was under no obligation, so far as I am aware, to give the nationally televised personal interview in which she made the famous statement (this may be slightly paraphrasing, but only slightly): "I just want to be the queen of everybody's hearts." A more dramatic and attention-seeking statement than which I find it hard to imagine :sick: I found it almost unbelieveable that so many people (certainly in Britain) were prepared to accept that and feel as she wanted them to feel about her. In my mind there was room for at least doubt about whether she was doing it intentionally before she took that step (though I had VERY strong suspicions). Once it was out, however, and appeared to be having the desired effect on the susceptible, I was pretty darned certain...

There's also clear documentation that she would often break down in tears because of all the media attention never leaving her alone.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
bump

title thread "princes will and harry", thread discusses lady diana's type lol

i think

Diana ISFP
William ISTJ
Harry ESTP
i've heard people say Kate Middleton is ENFP but i don't see it. maybe ESFP.