User Tag List

First 234

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    There's no such thing as typical when you're royalty from birth, and only moving higher up the ranks as you barely age out of high school by marrying the most royal of royalty.

She was never raised like a normal human. She just couldn't have been given her roll of the dice with her birth.
    Yeah I agree, I was just thinking this.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    That was yesterday if it's the one I'm thinking of: I was trying to stop too many fellow sensotards wasting their time on it. Due to the previous quality I hadn't actually noticed when this thread started until you pointed it out

Ah, okay. Well then you are an extra sensotard, since in my first post in this thread I even mentioned that I had resurrected it, lol.

I do. Icky, Icky, ICKY woman

Very emotionally manipulative at times. I'm not saying she couldn't be an INFP, particuarly in view of DN's comment ^. I just think that f she was she was a particularly yukky one, though, and I don't believe very typical. Her upbringing seems to have been quite an unhealthy one however, so it might have been as a coping mechanism for that that she learnt her tactics. They certainly seem to have been very effective at getting people to like her. *Successful mass projection of need to be loved on to others = very Fe.*
    You seem to be someone who doesn't like her to begin with, so I'm not sure if that's perhaps coloring your view of her personality. I personally don't really detect any of that in her interviews. However, being American, and thus naturally having never really given a shite about her, I don't know much about her upbringing. So you may be more qualified to speak about her than I am.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    You seem to be someone who doesn't like her to begin with, so I'm not sure if that's perhaps coloring your view of her personality. I personally don't really detect any of that in her interviews. However, being American, and thus naturally having never really given a shite about her, I don't know much about her upbringing. So you may be more qualified to speak about her than I am.
    You may have a good point here, I was getting to dislike her quite a lot as a result of the continuous wall-to wall coverage of her every move in the media for several years before her timely untimely demise. I never gave a shite about her either, until she became abolutely unavoidable at all times due to the extraordinary saturation media coverage; which from what I saw of her she was only encouraging. I certainly have a low tolerance for self-publicising drama queens, particularly when the result of that self publicity is that I never stop hearing about them. I think it is tellling that other members of the royal family have been at least equally involved in promoting good causes and have suffered relationship problems (for instance, Princess Anne) without attracting 1/100 of the attention that Diana did.

There's no such thing as typical when you're royalty from birth, and only moving higher up the ranks as you barely age out of high school by marrying the most royal of royalty.

She was never raised like a normal human. She just couldn't have been given her roll of the dice with her birth.
    Technically she wasn't actually royalty exactly, though otherwise I agree. She was actually from the aristocratic Spencer family, who began screwing themselves up when the actual royals were still managing to maintain some measure of dignty. Her brother (9th Earl Spencer) had a similarly disintegrated upbringing, and from what I've heard of him does not come across as a very appealing character.

Some info on their shared upbringing for those who are interested:

Diana was the youngest daughter of Spencer, Viscount Althorp, later the 8th Earl Spencer, and his first wife, Frances, Viscountess Althorp (formerly the Honourable Frances Burke Roche, and later Frances Shand Kydd). She was born at Park House, Sandringham in Norfolk, England on 1 July 1961 at 6.45 in the evening.[citation needed] She was baptised at St. Mary Magdalene Church by the Rt. Rev. Percy Herbert (rector of the church and former Bishop of Norwich and Blackburn); her godparents included John Floyd (the chairman of Christie's). She was the third child to the couple, her four siblings being The Lady Sarah Spencer (born 1955), The Lady Jane Spencer (born 1957), The Honourable John Spencer (died 12 January 1960), and The Honourable Charles Spencer (born 1964). Following her parents' acrimonious divorce in 1969 (over Lady Althorp's affair with wallpaper heir Peter Shand Kydd), Diana's mother took her and her younger brother to live in an apartment in London's Knightsbridge, where Diana attended a local day school. That Christmas the Spencer children went to celebrate with their father and he subsequently refused to allow them to return to London with their mother. Lady Althorp sued for custody of her children, but Lady Althorp's mother's testimony against her daughter during the trial contributed to the court's decision to award custody of Diana and her brother to their father.

In 1976 Lord Spencer married Raine, Countess of Dartmouth, the only daughter of romantic novelist Barbara Cartland, after he was named as the "other party" in the Dartmouths' divorce. During this time Diana travelled up and down the country, living between her parents' homes—with her father at the Spencer seat in Northamptonshire, and with her mother, who had moved to the Island of Seil off the west coast of Scotland. Diana, like her siblings, did not get along with her stepmother.
    *phew*

Oh, and I love this bit:

On her father's side, she was a descendant of King Charles II of England through four illegitimate sons:

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

You may have a good point here, I was getting to dislike her quite a lot as a result of the continuous wall-to wall coverage of her every move in the media for several years before her timely untimely demise. I never gave a shite about her either, until she became abolutely unavoidable at all times due to the extraordinary saturation media coverage; which from what I saw of her she was only encouraging. I certainly have a low tolerance for self-publicising drama queens, particularly when the result of that self publicity is that I never stop hearing about them. I think it is tellling that other members of the royal family have been at least equally involved in promoting good causes and have suffered relationship problems (for instance, Princess Anne) without attracting 1/100 of the attention that Diana did.
    Hmmm...interesting bit about her background. Thanks.

I would point out, however, that it is hard to imagine that the constant media attention given her was the result of her being an attention whore. Rather, it is probably because of all of the media attention that you view her as one. It's therefore a little unfair to criticize her for something that was in all likelihood unasked for on her part.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Hmmm...interesting bit about her background. Thanks.

I would point out, however, that it is hard to imagine that the constant media attention given her was the result of her being an attention whore. Rather, it is probably because of all of the media attention that you view her as one. It's therefore a little unfair to criticize her for something that was in all likelihood unasked for on her part.
    Your reasoning is technically sound! However, I would point out that she was under no obligation, so far as I am aware, to give the nationally televised personal interview in which she made the famous statement (this may be slightly paraphrasing, but only slightly): "I just want to be the queen of everybody's hearts." A more dramatic and attention-seeking statement than which I find it hard to imagine I found it almost unbelieveable that so many people (certainly in Britain) were prepared to accept that and feel as she wanted them to feel about her. In my mind there was room for at least doubt about whether she was doing it intentionally before she took that step (though I had VERY strong suspicions). Once it was out, however, and appeared to be having the desired effect on the susceptible, I was pretty darned certain...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Your reasoning is technically sound! However, I would point out that she was under no obligation, so far as I am aware, to give the nationally televised personal interview in which she made the famous statement (this may be slightly paraphrasing, but only slightly): "I just want to be the queen of everybody's hearts." A more dramatic and attention-seeking statement than which I find it hard to imagine I found it almost unbelieveable that so many people (certainly in Britain) were prepared to accept that and feel as she wanted them to feel about her. In my mind there was room for at least doubt about whether she was doing it intentionally before she took that step (though I had VERY strong suspicions). Once it was out, however, and appeared to be having the desired effect on the susceptible, I was pretty darned certain...
    There's also clear documentation that she would often break down in tears because of all the media attention never leaving her alone.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

bump

title thread "princes will and harry", thread discusses lady diana's type lol

i think

Diana ISFP
    William ISTJ
    Harry ESTP
    i've heard people say Kate Middleton is ENFP but i don't see it. maybe ESFP.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti
    Diana ISFP
    She was quite sure that she's an INFP.

William ISFJ
    Harry ESxP
    Kate xxFP