• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hitler

What type is Hitler?

• Total voters

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NFs can't have a horribly distorted worldview, develop skewed values from this perspective & harbor a passion to mold it into something that better matches their ideal?

Yes, but they tend to just stomp their feet in frustration and threaten to kill themselves if they don't get their way.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, but they tend to just stomp their feet in frustration and threaten to kill themselves if they don't get their way.

:laugh: some would be more than willing to have their ideals realized at the ''justifable'' cost of other people, especially if they manage to convince themselves that it's for the good of humanity in the longterm.

A

Anew Leaf

:laugh: some would be more than willing to have their ideals realized at the ''justifable'' cost of other people, especially if they manage to convince themselves that it's for the good of humanity in the longterm.

I am currently working on my campaign to be Empress of the World.

My platform is "A Shiny Hoofed Pony for Everyone!!!"

All those who oppose will be put to death upon my ascension.

Some positions in my future administration are open still:

Treasurer
Pony Procurer
Civil Engineer

Please send a short resume stating why you are qualified to me in a PM.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

You are spreading misinformation and ridiculous stereotypes wherever you go.

It is astounding, your lack of comprehension of Jungian cognitive theory.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am currently working on my campaign to be Empress of the World.

Some positions in my future administration are open still:

Treasurer
Pony Procurer
Civil Engineer

Please send a short resume stating why you are qualified to me in a PM.

:holy: I can help procure ponies!
or money.. I know how to break into cars & pick locks. :yes:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

lenin_cat1.jpg

I'll help with the slaughter of anyone who gets in the way of the masses having ponies.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Hitler was an idealist, it's true: but he was merely bringing certain elements of German culture at that time to their logical (ideal) extreme. NB: "logical," as in Thinking. His was not a progressive form of idealism in the sense of the Communism which was extant and growing more popular in his day. There is a certain un-realistic expectation in the idea of a Communist state. Hitler was clearly not out for that kind of change, and was an outspoken aggressor against Communism. Nor did Hitler oppose the traditions of his society in support of his ideal, Germany in fact seemed to have been ready-made for him. Hitler was a product of his German culture, just as he was its greatest supporter by bringing to the light of day its tendencies when taken to their ultimate extreme. For example, anti-Jew propaganda was heavily disseminated during his early years, due partly to Germany's failure in WWI.

So when I think of Hitler as an idealist, that is not any kind of NF or Fi statement. His ideas and lifestyle simply matched the zeitgeist which was already extant, as Marilyn Monroe once met the cultural idea of feminine beauty.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You just described Fe, not Si.

A

Anew Leaf

:holy: I can help procure ponies!
or money.. I know how to break into cars & pick locks. :yes:

Your skillz are satisfactory to us.

*pins badge on you*

Now if you can procure us some pegasi... that would really be stellar. We need some air units. I have water units covered with my shark ops team.

P.S. In case it's not obvious, I think it's ridiculous to try and type a dead, crazy guy who was like crazy and stuff... and putting on a show and stuff.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hitler was an idealist, it's true: but he was merely bringing certain elements of German culture at that time to their logical (ideal) extreme. NB: "logical," as in Thinking. His was not a progressive form of idealism in the sense of the Communism which was extant and growing more popular in his day. There is a certain un-realistic expectation in the idea of a Communist state. Hitler was clearly not out for that kind of change, and was an outspoken aggressor against Communism. Nor did Hitler oppose the traditions of his society in support of his ideal, Germany in fact seemed to have been ready-made for him. Hitler was a product of his German culture, just as he was its greatest supporter by bringing to the light of day its tendencies when taken to their ultimate extreme. For example, anti-Jew propaganda was heavily disseminated during his early years, due partly to Germany's failure in WWI.

So when I think of Hitler as an idealist, that is not any kind of NF or Fi statement. His ideas and lifestyle simply matched the zeitgeist which was already extant, as Marilyn Monroe once met the cultural idea of feminine beauty.

Yeah, I wasn't claiming he was NF, per se. I never met the guy. I just wondered moreover if you thought NFs were incapable of carrying out things of this nature as leaders- as I don't think it's entirely impossible, but that's just me.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Oh yes, humanity - an NF or Ni concern, correct? But not Hitler's concern. The Aryan race was not "humanity."

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh yes, humanity - an NF or Ni concern, correct? But not Hitler's concern. The Aryan race was not "humanity."

You have to look at this in the proper historical context, because you're not. The earth is now more globalized, so yes, NFs now tend to care about "all of humanity." At that point in history, it was a big deal to even care about your entire country. Hitler wanting the best for all of Germany, for all of his people, beyond his family, friends, and community, was the early 20th century version of a 21st century NF caring about people on the other side of the earth.

His vision was totally Ni, and it was different than what had come before, though his cultural influences and traditions were Fe...yes, he absorbed them externally.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I wasn't claiming he was NF, per se. I never met the guy. I just wondered moreover if you thought NFs were incapable of carrying out things of this nature as leaders- as I don't think it's entirely impossible, but that's just me.

Thinking, yes, but the NF is far more limited to the realm of fantasy. That's why I mentioned foot-stomping earlier. It would not go to the level of a Hitler. If some of them act like little Hitlers in their own homes (or on forums), that's a different story altogether.

When you're talking about an Ni in general (and yes this is from my reading of Jungian functions), that refers to a highly impractical person. This person's focus is inward, and if there are aggressive tendencies, that focus is also turned inward. (This is called introjection.)

I know an Ni who once tried to kill himself by firing arrows into the sky and then lying on the ground hoping to be impaled through the chest. That's not introjection per se, but a stark illustration of aggression "turned inward" toward the self.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thinking, yes, but the NF is far more limited to the realm of fantasy. That's why I mentioned foot-stomping earlier. It would not go to the level of a Hitler. If some of them act like little Hitlers in their own homes (or on forums), that's a different story altogether.

NFs can't accomplish anything on a broad scale? I think you might be insane. Toodles.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

When you're talking about an Ni in general (and yes this is from my reading of Jungian functions), that refers to a highly impractical person. This person's focus is inward, and if there are aggressive tendencies, that focus is also turned inward. (This is called introjection.)

I know an Ni who once tried to kill himself by firing arrows into the sky and then lying on the ground hoping to be impaled through the chest. That's not introjection, but a stark example of aggression "turned inward" toward the self.

Eh, I'm not convinced that it's entirely impossible for someone like Hitler to be NF & successfully make a worldwide impact in the way that he did; seems too narrow to dismiss that possibility. What you described sounds like a somewhat intellectually/emotionally underdeveloped person, and does not necessarily serve as a viable baseline example for Ni users.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eh, I'm not convinced that it's entirely impossible for someone like Hitler to be NF & successfully make a worldwide impact in the way that he did; seems too narrow to dismiss that possibility. What you described sounds like a somewhat intellectually/emotionally underdeveloped person, and does not necessarily serve as a viable baseline example for Ni users.

I did not intend it to be a baseline, only an "illustration" of introjection put into practice. Whereas Hitler put ideas in practice but the method could not reasonably be considered a reflection of introjection. If in the end he self-destructed, that once again was just a logical end to his behaviors, not a sign of any particular cognitive habits. Hitler did not introject.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ

For Hitler, the Aryan race was humanity - other races were seen as "vermin" or "parasites". They were dehumanized, demonized.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For Hitler, the Aryan race was humanity - other races were seen as "vermin" or "parasites". They were dehumanized, demonized.

Or you could simply cite the fact that Hitler gave pre-war speeches during the 1930s that included references to love for humanity.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
BEST!

After going along with the herd with INFJ for a while, I think ISTJ is a much better type call for Hitler. So much better that I thought of creating a new thread on the topic, but then I decided to bump this one instead.

As always it is necessary to state up front that not everybody goes along with their type. But in this case, Hitler's belief in the existence of "golems" demonstrates the presence of an inferior function related to Si: his inner world was full of strange objects that he believed existed in reality. "God" might be considered one of them, but for Hitler it is just a conservative Si belief that coincides with being raised a Catholic.

The idea that Hitler was an INFJ because he had a desire to produce artworks is a false stereotype. In fact, his primary desire growing up was to join the Catholic priesthood.

Hitler's nationalistic fervor is Si at its worst.

If Hitler was an INFJ or ISFJ, the Fe is not very apparent. But the Te is very apparent. It gave him the ability to amass and organize vast armies, and perhaps also the ability to manipulate his audiences through his fervent git'r'dun speeches.

ISTJ Motivational Posters:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqv7StpErdk
John Beebe did say he was an Si dom. with "demonic" Ni. I never saw his reasoning for this, though.

He was an Fe dom, he thought he was doing the right thing for Germany. His motive was very Fe, not Te. Plus he had Ni vision, of course i.e. Nazi Germany, the Aryan race, blah blah blah.

Some people think he's INFJ rather than ENFJ, but I think his charisma lends itself to Fe dominance.

Of course Ni dominance could explain his particular, special form of crazy.

You have to understand that the man was severely abused, and was also probably a paranoid schizophrenic, so you can't just say all NFJs will be like Hitler.

Some are like Ghandi instead.

Do you see the similiarity though, in their motives? Hmm? One is regarded as a saint, the other as satan, but I see how they're incredibly similar on a functional level.

Same with Jesus.
The Fe could be shadowy, especially if a result of the trauma of abuse, or whatever.

Or you could simply cite the fact that Hitler gave pre-war speeches during the 1930s that included references to love for humanity.
People can do that, just to manipulate, and it not be their true preference. Again, that could even be Trickster or Demon Fe.