• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hitler

What type is Hitler?

• Total voters

KDude

No Se or Ne.
No Fi or Ti.

He was 1) Fe and Te, 2) Si and Ni. It means there is only two letters to his type.

I think his Ni showed up in a lot of visionary Third Reich stuff (weird as it was). I mean, he was going for total cultural and spirital rebirth there. Even in art.. he was combining deco and neoclassicism, and importing Pax Romana shit and mixing it with Germanic/Nordic tribal symbols.. he had visions for almost everything - or got people to help.

It's a fictional take on his pre-Nazi life -but I recommend the movie Max. It's about a Jewish gallery director (John Cusack) who tries to encourage a depressed Hitler's artistic side.. but he ends up watching him spiral into the Nazi stuff, and applying his ideas that way.

On the flipside, there have been great people too.. MLK Jr. might have been ENFJ. Maybe Freddy Mercury XD I don't like the idea however that F's are necessarily good. A lot of them are evil assholes. Some just assholes. Some completely heroic. MBTI isn't about subscribing morality or sainthood or evil to any function as a rule. And idealism has nothing to do with necessarily wanting to make an inclusive world.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
Something I ran across the other day:

shoujoHitler.jpg

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Play in the lillies...like a BOSS!!!

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I vote ENTJ. I just really don't see how he could be Fe-dom... he didn't care who he stepped on to go for his ultimate plan. And I really think that his motivation was himself, not the country... if my words are making any sense today...

E

Epiphany

I vote ENTJ. I just really don't see how he could be Fe-dom... he didn't care who he stepped on to go for his ultimate plan. And I really think that his motivation was himself, not the country... if my words are making any sense today...

He identified Germany with his mother who he was somewhat infatuated with.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP

To say that would me that Fe people can't do mean/terrible things and I'm sure that's not true. Being Fe or Te isn't as hard and concrete as "would never" or "could never". I'm sure Fe people are perfectly capable of stepping on others to get what they want.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Ahh. I did not know this.

To say that would me that Fe people can't do mean/terrible things and I'm sure that's not true. Being Fe or Te isn't as hard and concrete as "would never" or "could never". I'm sure Fe people are perfectly capable of stepping on others to get what they want.
I was mainly trying to say that I'm not really sure that I believe he was motivated by Fe. Of course, my shambled excuses for sentences didn't turn out that way. lol

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Similarly, I've read that his mother's doctor during the last weeks of her life was Jewish, and the theory is that his failure to do anything for his mother engendered a hatred for all Jews. It's been a while since I read this. I don't have a source and could me mistaken.

EDIT: I have proven myself incorrect! In fact, Hitler's family doctor was Jewish, Dr. Eduard Bloch, but helped the family despite their impoverished state and inability to afford a doctor. Hitler wrote him numerous notes of gratitude, gave him handmade gifts and gave him special protection from persecution when Hitler invaded Austria for Bloch's kindness.

S

Sniffles

There's little evidence of anti-Semitism in Hitler's life prior to WWI, certainly not during his days in Vienna. IIRC he even received the Iron Cross from a Jewish officer.

E

Epiphany

Similarly, I've read that his mother's doctor during the last weeks of her life was Jewish, and the theory is that his failure to do anything for his mother engendered a hatred for all Jews. It's been a while since I read this. I don't have a source and could me mistaken.

EDIT: I have proven myself incorrect! In fact, Hitler's family doctor was Jewish, Dr. Eduard Bloch, but helped the family despite their impoverished state and inability to afford a doctor. Hitler wrote him numerous notes of gratitude, gave him handmade gifts and gave him special protection from persecution when Hitler invaded Austria for Bloch's kindness.

They talk about Bloch in that documentary.

There's little evidence of anti-Semitism in Hitler's life prior to WWI, certainly not during his days in Vienna. IIRC he even received the Iron Cross from a Jewish officer.

He may have simply adopted the anti-Semitic attitude that was becoming increasingly prevalent in Germany and let it fester inside of him. I've heard that his father may have been part-Jewish, but I don't know if that is true. I've also heard that he blamed Jews for getting rejected from art school or something like that. Again, that might be inaccurate.

E

Epiphany

I can't believe people are still voting ENFJ over INFJ. Hitler was, clearly, an introvert.

Hitler Fails Art Exam

After dropping out of high school in 1905 at age sixteen, Adolf Hitler spent the next few years in brooding idleness. His indulgent mother patiently urged him to learn a trade or get a job. But to young Hitler, the idea of daily work with its necessary submission to authority was revolting.

With his father now dead, there was no one who could tell young Hitler what to do, so he did exactly as he pleased. He spent his time wandering around the city of Linz, Austria, visiting museums, attending the opera, and sitting by the Danube River dreaming of becoming a great artist.

Hitler liked to sleep late then go out in the afternoon, often dressed like a young gentleman of leisure and even carried a fancy little ivory cane. When he returned home, he would stay up well past midnight reading and drawing.

He would later describe these teenage years free from responsibility as the happiest time of his life.

His only friend was with another young dreamer named August Kubizek, who wanted to be a great musician. They met at the opera in Linz. Kubizek found Hitler fascinating and a friendship quickly developed. Kubizek turned out to be a patient listener. He was a good audience for Hitler, who often rambled for hours about his hopes and dreams. Sometimes Hitler even gave speeches complete with wild hand gestures to his audience of one.

Kubizek later described Hitler's personality as "violent and high strung." Hitler would only tolerate approval from his friend and could not stand to be corrected, a personality trait he had shown in high school and as a younger boy as well.

Young Hitler did not have a girlfriend. But he did have an obsessive interest in a young blond named Stephanie. He would stare at her as she walked by and sometimes followed her. He wrote her many love poems. But he never delivered the poems or worked up the nerve to introduce himself, preferring to keep her in his fantasies. He told his friend Kubizek he was able to communicate with her by intuition and that she was even aware of his thoughts and had great admiration for him. He was also deeply jealous of any attention she showed to other young men.

In reality, she had no idea Hitler had any interest in her. Years later, when told of the interest of her now-famous secret admirer, she expressed complete surprise, although she remembered getting one weird unsigned letter.

Hitler's view of the world, also based in fantasy, began to significantly take shape. He borrowed large numbers of books from the library on German history and Nordic mythology. He was also deeply inspired by the opera works of Richard Wagner and their pagan, mythical tales of struggle against hated enemies. His friend Kubizek recalled that after seeing Wagner's opera "Rienzi," Hitler behaved as if possessed. Hitler led his friend atop a steep hill where he spoke in a strange voice of a great mission in which he would lead the people to freedom, similar to the plot in the opera he had just seen.

By now Hitler also had strong pride in the German race and all things German along with a strong dislike of the Hapsburg Monarchy and the non-Germanic races in the multicultural Austro-Hungarian Empire which had ruled Austria and surrounding countries for centuries.

In the Spring of 1906, at age seventeen, Hitler took his first trip to Vienna, capital city of the empire and one of the world's most important centers of art, music and old-world European culture. With money in his pocket provided by his mother, he went there intending to see operas and study the famous picture gallery in the Court Museum. Instead, he found himself enthralled by the city's magnificent architecture.

Hitler had developed a big interest in architecture. He could draw detailed pictures from memory of a building he had seen only once. He also liked to ponder how to improve existing buildings, making them grander, and streamlined city layouts. In Vienna, he stood for hours gazing at grand buildings such as the opera house and the Parliament building, and looking at Ring Boulevard.

As a young boy he had shown natural talent for drawing. His gift for drawing had also been recognized by his high school instructors. But things had gone poorly for him in high school. He was a lazy and uncooperative student, who essentially flunked out. To escape the reality of that failure and avoid the dreaded reality of a workaday existence, Hitler put all his hope in the dream of achieving greatness as an artist.

He decided to attend the prestigious Vienna Academy of Fine Arts. In October 1907, at age eighteen, he withdrew his inheritance money from the bank and went to live and study in Vienna. Hitler's mother was by now suffering from breast cancer and had been unsuccessfully operated on in January. But Hitler's driving ambition to be a great artist overcame his reluctance to leave her.

He took the two day entrance exam for the academy's school of painting. Confident and self assured, he awaited the result, quite sure he would get in. But failure struck him like a bolt of lightning. His test drawings were judged unsatisfactory and he was not admitted. Hitler was badly shaken by this rejection. He went back to the academy to get an explanation and was told his drawings showed a lack of talent for artistic painting, notably a lack of appreciation of the human form. He was told, however, that he had some ability for the field of architecture.

But without the required high school diploma, going to the building school and after that, the academy's architectural school, seemed doubtful. Hitler resolved to take the painting school entrance exam again next year. Now, feeling quite depressed, Hitler left Vienna and returned home where his beloved mother was now dying from cancer, making matters even worse.

S

Sniffles

He may have simply adopted the anti-Semitic attitude that was becoming increasingly prevalent in Germany and let it fester inside of him. I've heard that his father may have been part-Jewish, but I don't know if that is true. I've also heard that he blamed Jews for getting rejected from art school or something like that. Again, that might be inaccurate.
Im certain he did later on, but at the time I don't know. It certainly didn't stop him from getting connected with Jewish art dealers while still in Vienna. WWI and the immediate aftermath are when we see the first signs of anti-semitism in him, and yes it could be attributed to the prevalence of it within German society and among German nationalists in particular.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Invalid.

Who gave him the Iron Cross is of no consequence whatever.
Hitler became an avowed discipline to anti-semitism in Vienna.
He adhered to the doctrine of the Great German Party of Austria, in 1913.

It is therefore Hitler invaded Austria.
The German nationalists had adhered to the doctrine of the Little German Party in Germany.
The Little Germans wanted to exclude Austria. Austria was "racially" admixed.

Hitler agreed with the Little Germans. He had no feeling for Austria.
It is therefore he crushed it.

A paradox?
If you see nothing, you do not see the paradox.
If you see a little, you do see it.
What happens when you see a little more?
You see a phantom.

The phantom is there?
Do not ask.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

It's an important thing you may not want to miss when evaluating his personality: the henchman, who influnced the political direction aswell. From brutally effective like Himmler, Goebbels to heavily insane like Göring. They all played a part in the great whole, like Goebbels who can majorily be held responsible to have set fire to the synagogues and is one of the initiators to the genocide aswell.

Thinking of all this makes me sick, it is such an unreal thing and I cant imagine how that all could really have happened. I still know for example my grandpa, who was as a captain in Russia and he was a nice and decent person, very funny and even cosmopolitan for his time ( he spoke besides russian, polish, hungarian, czech, french and english ). When my family says which ancestor my personality is close to, they always refer to my grandpa. And when I have to imagine that he suported the nazis back then and those shit that happened back then, it's just unreal and unbelieveable.

There are still old people in Germany as well as young ones from which you'ld say: yes this is how I imagined the perfect nazi to be. I believe everyone knows people like that. But the unbelieveable thing is, it were exactly not these people who were the nazis but nice and respectable citizens from which you'ld never imagined they were able to pick a fly's wing.

Sorry for venting

Electrical flOw

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
He could be an ENFP, the descriptions of ENFP are only describe the early life of ENFP. After which, developed ENFP would confuse people about his personality. Developed ENFP could be seen as ENFJ, INFJ, INFP and EXTJ.

Psychdigg

I base my personality assessments on somatotype (body-type).

Usually I need a picture that exposes a significant portion of a person's body to determine an accurate somatotype. However, I have not been able to find a really good picture of Hitler in a swim suit. The guy should have relaxed more and give his arm a rest.

But, I have been typing people with this method for quite a while and can make a fairly good determination without having the best picture.

Hitler's Somatotype: Endomorphy = 3.5 Mesomorphy = 4.5 Ectomorphy = 3.0

This would put him in the area of an ENFJ. He knew how to tap into the collective unconscious of the German people. I think an INFJ would lack the muscular drive needed to take command and would be too aware of his own motives to pull off such a con job. An ENTJ would be pissing off too many people with his micro managing to be able to get others to cooperate in such a bold plan.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Sorry, I just walked in on this thread and haven't read much of it at all, but I almost started a thread/poll asking whether people thought Hitler was an ENFJ or an INFJ, when I realized that such a thread probably already exists, and low and behold, depending on my vote, the typology central typing democracy would, at least for a very brief moment, either consider him an ENFJ or a perfect tie between ENFJ and INFJ.

Hmmm... :thinking: