• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hitler

What type is Hitler?

• Total voters

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Either way, how does this make the NFJs feel?

I certainly have found one on here to be rather reminiscent of the man.

:laugh:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he was totally an Fe dom.

Fe gone hideously, horribly wrong.

ENFJ.
I don't think he's an extrovert, but agree on the Fe gone horribly wrong part. Hitler was quiet when not speaking in public, and seemed to prefer being alone. Further his Fe was quite clearly subservient to his insane, fantastic Ni grand vision.

I think I know the most evil NFJ since Hitler though... My friend's dad is a high-ranking executive, an INFJ who leads using Fe (though he's managed to combine Fe, Ti and Se into a passable imitation of Te), and... bankrupts Indian companies for a hobby. :peepwall:

Before you say anything, no, this isn't a Paris Hilton situation.
indiff2-1.gif
The guy's kid (my friend) was actually the one who suggested his dad may be Fe/Ti as opposed to Te/Fi. From what I know of the guy I'm inclined to agree.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If Fe has seemed to have gone "horribly wrong", then it's likely a shadow.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Nope. Trust me - I've seen Fe gone horribly wrong in other FJs on a regular basis. Not to the extent of Hitler, of course, but Fe can be abusive, or narcissistic.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think he's an extrovert, but agree on the Fe gone horribly wrong part. Hitler was quiet when not speaking in public, and seemed to prefer being alone. Further his Fe was quite clearly subservient to his insane, fantastic Ni grand vision.

I think I know the most evil NFJ since Hitler though... My friend's dad is a high-ranking executive, an INFJ who leads using Fe (though he's managed to combine Fe, Ti and Se into a passable imitation of Te), and... bankrupts Indian companies for a hobby. :peepwall:

Before you say anything, no, this isn't a Paris Hilton situation.
indiff2-1.gif
The guy's kid (my friend) was actually the one who suggested his dad may be Fe/Ti as opposed to Te/Fi. From what I know of the guy I'm inclined to agree.

Yeah, there's an INFJ on this site who knows quite about about Hitler who believes he was INFJ. I would think he was one or the other.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nope. Trust me - I've seen Fe gone horribly wrong in other FJs on a regular basis. Not to the extent of Hitler, of course, but Fe can be abusive, or narcissistic.
If you were sure they were FJ's, then could it have been shadow Fi? (Opposing or especially critical parent, which will apparently come out very aggreesively).
I believe the lines between the function attitudes can be blurry. There are really four functions, and the two orientations the ego uses them in. So it's a matter of switching orientations, not really "using" one over another. And many traditionally tend to attribute all of a type's functions to the primary function attitude, and not count the shadow version of it in the opposite attitude. It's backing up or compensating for their primary functional perspective, so one might not realize it is actually the shadow counterpart.

With Hitler, I just don't see Feeling (either attitude) as his preferred perspective.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I base my personality assessments on somatotype (body-type).

Usually I need a picture that exposes a significant portion of a person's body to determine an accurate somatotype. However, I have not been able to find a really good picture of Hitler in a swim suit. The guy should have relaxed more and give his arm a rest.

But, I have been typing people with this method for quite a while and can make a fairly good determination without having the best picture.

Hitler's Somatotype: Endomorphy = 3.5 Mesomorphy = 4.5 Ectomorphy = 3.0

This would put him in the area of an ENFJ. He knew how to tap into the collective unconscious of the German people. I think an INFJ would lack the muscular drive needed to take command and would be too aware of his own motives to pull off such a con job. An ENTJ would be pissing off too many people with his micro managing to be able to get others to cooperate in such a bold plan.

Although I believe ENFJ is correct for Hitler, the idea of typing personality based on physical characteristics is utterly absurd.

That doesn't really seem to make sense. There are lots of people who are unhealthy/unbalanced who just use their dominant/auxiliary functions in really negative ways. Suggesting that a function used in an unhealthy way must be a shadow doesn't really make any sense.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
If you were sure they were FJ's, then could it have been shadow Fi? (Opposing or especially critical parent, which will apparently come out very aggreesively).
I believe the lines between the function attitudes can be blurry. There are really four functions, and the two orientations the ego uses them in. So it's a matter of switching orientations, not really "using" one over another. And many traditionally tend to attribute all of a type's functions to the primary function attitude, and not count the shadow version of it in the opposite attitude. It's backing up or compensating for their primary functional perspective, so one might not realize it is actually the shadow counterpart.

With Hitler, I just don't see Feeling (either attitude) as his preferred perspective.

Not all Feelers project feelings in the normally observed ways. But that doesn't mean Fe isn't working in our minds and driving us just because you can't see it.

That doesn't really seem to make sense. There are lots of people who are unhealthy/unbalanced who just use their dominant/auxiliary functions in really negative ways. Suggesting that a function used in an unhealthy way must be a shadow doesn't really make any sense.

This is what I was thinking.

Last edited:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Guy's got to be a T...but he's definitely some infested version of Fi. Guy's gotta be an N...with all his la raza nonsense...

Which means: ENTJ or INTJ. Whichever type has the more problematic devilish positioning of the Fi.

Vamp

MBTI Type
ENFP
In the "what's the difference?" thread in this section, people say they can't readily tell the difference between judging intuitive feelers and judging intuitive thinkers.There does seem to be a tendency to come off like a T if an NFJ has their Ti or Te proverbial crap together. The same can be said for some INFPs.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've noticed people find it easier to blame evil stuff, especially if it's related to a personal vision, on F's.

More chance, in my mind, for him to be T... with a poorly developed N and F. Those functional areas of his psyche seem immature and malformed to me.

BEST!

After going along with the herd with INFJ for a while, I think ISTJ is a much better type call for Hitler. So much better that I thought of creating a new thread on the topic, but then I decided to bump this one instead.

As always it is necessary to state up front that not everybody goes along with their type. But in this case, Hitler's belief in the existence of "golems" demonstrates the presence of an inferior function related to Si: his inner world was full of strange objects that he believed existed in reality. "God" might be considered one of them, but for Hitler it is just a conservative Si belief that coincides with being raised a Catholic.

The idea that Hitler was an INFJ because he had a desire to produce artworks is a false stereotype. In fact, his primary desire growing up was to join the Catholic priesthood.

Hitler's nationalistic fervor is Si at its worst.

If Hitler was an INFJ or ISFJ, the Fe is not very apparent. But the Te is very apparent. It gave him the ability to amass and organize vast armies, and perhaps also the ability to manipulate his audiences through his fervent git'r'dun speeches.

ISTJ Motivational Posters:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqv7StpErdk

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There was also that book that came out recently by one of his secretaries. She's now in her 90s and hadn't spoken up about this for over 60 years, but she described Hitler as a charming and personable man who always treated her respectfully and radiated personal warmth and empathy. She found it difficult to believe that he was responsible for such heinous atrocities at all, hence her silence all this time until she finally accepted what he had done and chose to speak out about her experiences with him.

I personally know an elderly East German lady who met Hitler once. Her father worked as a driver for Hitler (or his henchmen, not sure) and she had some formal opportunity to meet him. She said she hated him so much that she would have liked to spit in his face (not sure what would have happened!). But when she met him, she felt frozen - she felt such a cold sensation of darkness coming off him that all she could do was limply shake his hand. Different experiences...

I'm not sure how constructive it is to try and type the man. He was obviously deranged and I also firmly believe that he had given himself over to the control of demonic forces. My gut feeling is ENTJ, but I can't particulary substantiate it and wouldn't want to spend a lot of time on it.

I can say that I visited Auschwitz a few years ago and it was one of the darkest and most haunting experiences I have ever had.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Similarly, I've read that his mother's doctor during the last weeks of her life was Jewish, and the theory is that his failure to do anything for his mother engendered a hatred for all Jews. It's been a while since I read this. I don't have a source and could me mistaken.

EDIT: I have proven myself incorrect! In fact, Hitler's family doctor was Jewish, Dr. Eduard Bloch, but helped the family despite their impoverished state and inability to afford a doctor. Hitler wrote him numerous notes of gratitude, gave him handmade gifts and gave him special protection from persecution when Hitler invaded Austria for Bloch's kindness.

The Jews had been the scapegoats of Europe for thousands of years, so it wasn't that Hitler had a personal vendetta (or personal non-vendetta!) against them. Anti-Semitism is still very much alive in European discourse.

Octarine

The Eighth Colour
MBTI Type
Aeon
Enneagram
10w
Instinctual Variant
so
I find it hilarious that NF is even an option. Perhaps we should place all NFs in detention, until we can prove that they won't turn out like Hitler.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find it hilarious that NF is even an option. Perhaps we should place all NFs in detention, until we can prove that they won't turn out like Hitler.

NFs can't have a horribly distorted worldview, develop skewed values from this perspective & harbor a passion to mold it into something that better matches their ideal?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

He was an Fe dom, he thought he was doing the right thing for Germany. His motive was very Fe, not Te. Plus he had Ni vision, of course i.e. Nazi Germany, the Aryan race, blah blah blah.

Some people think he's INFJ rather than ENFJ, but I think his charisma lends itself to Fe dominance.

Of course Ni dominance could explain his particular, special form of crazy.

You have to understand that the man was severely abused, and was also probably a paranoid schizophrenic, so you can't just say all NFJs will be like Hitler.

Some are like Ghandi instead.

Do you see the similiarity though, in their motives? Hmm? One is regarded as a saint, the other as satan, but I see how they're incredibly similar on a functional level.

Same with Jesus.