• ESTJ

6 4.96%
  • ESFJ

1 0.83%
First 789101119 Last

Thread: Hitler

MBTI
    ENTP

SW - No of course not, but then how seriously do they take an argumentative Aries who doens't contirbute much beyond hissy fits... as I said before Enjoy your chat

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Oh my word... but is the source reliable?
    Yes. It's long been noted that Hitler had a childhood crush on Stephanie. Only recently by researching the city's archives did historians discover she was Jewish. And they're citing from the memoirs of Hitler's childhood friend.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Oh my word... but is the source reliable?
    Wait, you care about reliable sources?

SW - No of course not, but then how seriously do they take an argumentative Aries who doens't contirbute much beyond hissy fits... as I said before Enjoy your chat
    Well first of all, they probably judge me on the content of my posts and don't really take meaningless nonsense like "He's an Aries" into account at all.

Secondly, if you think I haven't contributed any meaningful content to this forum, then your reading problems are far worse than just dyslexia.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Hitler had friends who were Jews. One man - Emil Maurice - was a friend of Hitler, and he was allowed to stay in the SS (against Himmler's will (!)) with full honors. Hitler decided that Maurice should not be touched because he participated in the Putsch; in addition, he was part of the first SS Hitler, and he was one of his early chauffeurs - indeed Maurice showed incredible loyalty to Hitler. Although it was clear starting in '34 and '35 that Maurice was a Jew, Hitler stood up for him and protected him.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Sniffles

Many half-jews were allowed to stay in the party or the Wehrmacht. I also know under Admiral Raeder, the navy refused to dismiss Jewish officers. There were accounts of SA stormtroopers who had Jewish girlfriends too.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Yes. It's long been noted that Hitler had a childhood crush on Stephanie. Only recently by researching the city's archives did they discover she was Jewish.
    Gosh - will go and read....

One wonders, in hindsight, how much of the Nazi direction was Hitler and how much was the Third Reick (?sp). I read up on the Death camps a few years back... it seems that the administration of the day - although they undertood "the solution" they hadn't visualised what th gas chambers meant. The leader of the Deathcamp reveled in visitors not beign able to somack it... really grim reading.

Anways not getting sulked in but I do agree Hitler was a very influential likely NF

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

A lot of people think Hitler hated Jews point blank, as in "Jew = dead".

It was more like "people who are harmful for my society, my people = Himmler will deal with them." Himmler had more of a worldview "Jew = dead" in addition to several other groups. Ironically, even he stated in his speeches that he was not "happy" to do it, and indeed it was a "bad business". In fact, according to Mr. Karl Wolf, Himmler threw up when he visited a camp, disgusted by the conditions and the situation.

Hitler was indeed Fe. Himmler was the Fi-er - the one who persevered with 'his values' even though it was 'dreadfully difficult.' It was HIMMLER who was the impassioned, pedantic romantic who dreamed of a castle like Wewelsburg with 12 seats for the 12 Knights, which was designed to be a school for the SS. It was he who developed the SS cult, the new religion to be based in the 'heart of Germania,' namely Westphalia.

Please don't go confusing Hitler, who was CLEARLY Fe with Himmler, who was clearly Te/Fi.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    A lot of people think Hitler hated Jews point blank, as in "Jew = dead".

It was more like "people who are harmful for my society, my people = Himmler will deal with them." Himmler had more of a worldview "Jew = dead" in addition to several other groups. Ironically, even he stated in his speeches that he was not "happy" to do it, and indeed it was a "bad business". In fact, according to Mr. Karl Wolf, Himmler threw up when he visited a camp, disgusted by the conditions and the situation.

Hitler was indeed Fe. Himmler was the Fi-er - the one who persevered with 'his values' even though it was 'dreadfully difficult.'
    Good call. He wanted to get rid of the Jews because he believed they threatened his cultural group. It's clearly psycho Fe.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Sniffles

The attitudes of the Nazi leadership to the death camps varied from person to person and even time from time. Heinrich Himmler, head of the SS(which ran the camps), actually wanted to ransom off Jews as a means of financing the war and in early 1944 tried to ransom off Hungrary's Jews to the Allies in exchange for 10,000 trucks(Churchill personally burned the telegram making the offer). Hitler originally approved of the idea of ransoming Jewish prisoners but then changed his mind in Feburary '45.

MBTI
    ENTP

Peguy - that link really screas he was an intuative. Thanks for digging that out, it's really interesting and a bit scary givne what took place later

A couple of holocaust books I found very moving.

The Seventh Well - Fred Wander
    Mans Search for MEaning - Viktore Frankl (this has weird pscology approach in it)

I found both moving particularly the first one.

LL - I agree it wasn't only the Jews, but wider (although hugely focused on the Jews).