• ESFJ

1 0.83%
First 4567816 Last

Thread: Hitler

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Obviously Hitler is a psycho version of whatever type he is, and people of any type are perfectly capable of becoming psychos. He's not a representative figure of any type, and it's silly to a) consider him a prototypical ____ and/or b) take offense if someone types him the same as you. Hell, I'm willing to admit he could be a bat-shit infp, although I think infj is more likely and that's my guess.

^To the above, based on the testimony of bin Laden's almost certainly infp son, I don't really think Osama is an F, more likely a dogmatic T. But that's a topic for another thread.

Ginkgo

INTJ. Don't have any sound basis though.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueinGreen View Post
    Obviously Hitler is a psycho version of whatever type he is, and people of any type are perfectly capable of becoming psychos. He's not a representative figure of any type, and it's silly to a) consider him a prototypical ____ and/or b) take offense if someone types him the same as you. Hell, I'm willing to admit he could be a bat-shit infp, although I think infj is more likely and that's my guess.

^To the above, based on the testimony of bin Laden's almost certainly infp son, I don't really think Osama is an F, more likely a dogmatic T. But that's a topic for another thread.
    I think it's obvious he was unhealthy and inbalanced. His natural lifespan would have been halved by his lifestyle. The issue is whether he was an unhealthy INTJ ENTJ or INFJ.
    I'm not clever enough to have a signature.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

One of the two types I suspect Hitler of being was is not in the poll. I also think that he does not represent any type because of his deep mental dysfunction. I heard people claim he is INFJ years ago, and I did some research into his life and personally don't see it. It is possible I am biased to not have him be a similar type as myself, and I admit it is compelling just how many people say NFJ of some sort. I think he was profoundly disconnected from his emotions. I think he had a deep hatred for his mother, but she was controlling in a way that he psychologically suppressed it. He was without a doubt a strategist, but so much so that personal authenticity was completely lost. He was similar to many power obsessed cruel-minded people in that he was quite pampering towards himself. He internalized nothing, but was able to always deflect his rage outwardly. There isn't much sign of wrestling with guilt or feeling responsible. This is not consistent with either INFJs, ENFPs, or INFPs. The only case I can see for guilt is that he was not "pure" himself, and so there was an implicit self-hatred expressed outwardly, but completely subconscious and outside his awareness. I don't think he had much awareness of his true feelings which were horribly mangled and his coping strategy was highly controlled, using them as a means to accomplish power. He had an uncanny ability to thwart assassination attempts to the point that he was like an evil Mr. Magoo. He was connected to the external environment and deeply intuitive about it. His mind was by nature predatory which allowed him to predict predatory actions towards himself. He could mimic others and did. He would do this publicly to make people feel uncomfortable and as a power tactic. He extensively studied facial expressions and gestures and strategically implemented these. None of his expression was spontaneous, but was put on as a means to achieve his goal. He was technical about everything down to the nuance of his communication.

It is interesting how many people are certain of NFJ, and it would be helpful to provide specific examples from Hitler's life and an explanation for that view. There are some horrible, cruel violators that I do suspect of being NFJ, so it isn't a matter of just deflecting any refuse away from my type, although part of me would like to.
    Last edited by labyrinthine; 01-06-2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: removed anecdote
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I think he had a deep hatred for his mother, but she was controlling in a way that he psychologically suppressed it.
    Wrong. He was actually very devoted to his mother and would constantly visit her grave, even after he came to power. It was towards his father Hitler harbored deep hatred for(for trying squash his dreams of being an artist and giving severe physical beatings).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't see how xNFJ is even arguable.

Personally I go with ENFJ, which I think is a much more obvious choice than INFJ, but if you're not going with one of the NFJ types on this one then you need to read up on your Mein Kampf!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Sniffles

Yes Ive read Mein Kampf along with its sequel. I've also read several of the major biographies about the man, including the US Army's psychological profile it compiled on Hitler during the war.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Yes Ive read Mein Kampf along with its sequel. I've also read several of the major biographies about the man, including the US Army's psychological profile it compiled on Hitler during the war.
    And you say xNFJ! Agreed.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Wrong. He was actually very devoted to his mother and would constantly visit her grave, even after he came to power. It was towards his father Hitler harbored deep hatred for(for trying squash his dreams of being an artist and giving severe physical beatings).
    That doesn't prove anything. I said "suppressed" rage. Overt rage doesn't get misdirected, it is the rage people cannot admit to feeling, and are unaware of that gets deflected irrationally. His relationship towards women, including his niece (whom he would allow to leave his apartment and who eventually committed suicide), suggests deep issues towards women. I do not buy that he had a loving, healthy relationship with his mother. People are not by nature compartmentalized in that way. People often outwardly express in a compartmentalized manner, but that is not the whole picture.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

OH BUT WAIT GUYS HIS ASTROLOGY CHART SAYS OTHERWISE!!!