• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hitler

What type is Hitler?

• Total voters
S

Sniffles

That doesn't prove anything. I said "suppressed" rage. Overt rage doesn't get misdirected, it is the rage people cannot admit to feeling, and are unaware of that gets deflected irrationally. His relationship towards women, including his niece (whom he would allow to leave his apartment and who eventually committed suicide), suggests deep issues towards women. I do not buy that he had a loving, healthy relationship with his mother. People are not by nature compartmentalized in that way. People often outwardly express in a compartmentalized manner, but that is not the whole picture.

But why are you assuming it was rage towards the mother? Most studies on the abnormal nature of his relationship to his mother suggests the opposite, an abnormal attraction. This was even suggested in the interviews conducted in regards to the US Army's profile on Hitler compiled during the war. Im not familiar off hand what the newly declassifed KGB file holds on the issue.

This strong devotion to his mother was even noted by his childhood friend August Kubizek in his memoirs the Young Hitler I knew.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Plus his entire pro-German ethnic cleansing mission just screams Fe. He wanted to return glory to his tribal unit and bring people together to do this by appealing to their emotional bonds as one cultural group. It's obviously psychotic, but the intent is so clearly Fe-oriented.

S

Sniffles

Well the fact that Hitler cared very deeply for those around him has been well attested to by close colleagues of him. This was shown during the Night of the Long Knives, when he kept hesitating to order to the execution of Ernst Rohm since he was a long-time comrade during the street fighting days in the 20's. He only changed his mind(slightly) only when Goring and Himmler kept urging him to execute him. Yet even then, Hitler ordered that Rohm be given the chance to kill himself.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well the fact that Hitler cared very deeply for those around him has been well attested to by close colleagues of him. This was shown during the Night of the Long Knives, when he kept hesitating to order to the execution of Ernst Rohm since he was a long-time comrade during the street fighting days in the 20's. He only changed his mind(slightly) only when Goring and Himmler kept urging him to execute him. Yet even then, Hitler ordered that Rohm be given the chance to kill himself.

There was also that book that came out recently by one of his secretaries. She's now in her 90s and hadn't spoken up about this for over 60 years, but she described Hitler as a charming and personable man who always treated her respectfully and radiated personal warmth and empathy. She found it difficult to believe that he was responsible for such heinous atrocities at all, hence her silence all this time until she finally accepted what he had done and chose to speak out about her experiences with him.

S

Sniffles

Another account from a former member of Hitler's personal staff, Reinhard Spitzy:

Q: You must be one of the increasingly small number of people who saw Adolf Hitler at close quarters. What was he like? How did you find him, how did he strike you, and were you drawn to him?

Spitzy: The more I knew him, the more I liked him. At first, [with] his shouting-out speeches and so on, it wasn't exactly the style I liked. But then when came to the Oversaltsburg and I knew him and he talked with me -- and he was always very nice to me. And friendly and helpful.... He was funny. He was amusing. He liked jokes, except sexual jokes and except political jokes. But all the other jokes he like very much. And I had to tell him several, about funny Counts, and aristocrats, and like Corenal Blimp, and so on. He read a lot of books, and he knew a lot of history. And of course, when I saw him first time I felt...so happy. And I thought, now I'm selected, I'm allowed to come to the Round Table.... [I was with him during this first meeting], and then came in Eva Braun. [She] told him, "Adolf, we mush have lunch now. The soup will be cold." And I thought, "Who is that women. Who is allowed to talk with him, the leader of Germany, in such a way." And he said, "Yes my child, we will come immediately, just a moment." Then he continued to talk with Remner. Then she came again, and...looked at him, [and] again said, "Now Adolf, we have [to] really -- the soup will be too cold." I fell down from heaven and after the luncheon I went to the chief ADC, a Colonel and I said to him, "Colonel, who is that women?" I said. I couldn't say that lady because she didn't look like a lady.... Then the Colonel said to me. "Spitzy, our Fuhrer has the right of a private life. And what you see here you will forget. You will never tell it to your parents, to your sisters, and your other girlfriends, or your mistress. Because that would be very bad for you. Do you understand me?" I said, "Yes sir." And I never, never talked about it. And so...the fact that Eva Braun lived there was absolutely hidden to everybody, because we respected his right.... Hitler never drank coffee, always drank tea, and [ate] cakes.... He never [ate] meat, and what was absolutely forbidden was to smoke in the whole house. So I found myself with Ministers and Generals in the [bathroom] smoking secretly, opening the window, and with a towel moving out the air, like school boys.

Q: He's a very, very peculiar man isn't he, because, on the one hand, obviously in secret, he's having the most terrible conversations with people. But his outward appearance to the people who knew him is of an intelligent, thoughtful, considerate, and polite man. And I've seen this film of him that Eva Braun shot of him, and he's, he's not playing the big dictator, he's sitting in his chair on the terrace looking out. And he looks very, very peaceful. Now what are we to make of this man?

Spitzy: Oh it's very, I think it's very easy to understand it. Firstly, he was typically Austrian and an artist. Imagine what would have happened if Hitler would have been accepted by the art academy of Vienna where he was rejected. The whole world history would have changed. Have you ever seen a the pictures he painted? Partly they are bad, partly they are very good. He [once] sent me to England in the time of Ansclose and he said, "Come back immediately and tell what the British are doing." [And he told be to talk to] Rimtrop, who was Ambassador. And Rimtrop wrote one report after the other one, and he thought he must write a report that will be published the next thousand years in all school books. Thanks to Rimtrop in London and so on. And he didn't move. And in the afternoon of the second day, Hitler called up and I got on the phone. And I was flabbergasted that he himself called up. And when I came back to Berlin I was more or less afraid I [would] get hell for that. And when I arrived at the airport a big Mercedes Benz was there with a several SS Generals, and so on. And I was brought to the Chancellory, and they told me: "You will get hell now;" "Why didn't you come earlier;" and, "Herr Hitler is waiting for news." And then I entered the Chancellory and I was pushed to his room -- big salon, the winter garden. Then [Hitler] said, "Spetsy how was the flight?" He didn't ask me what were the English doing. I said, "Yes, perfect, perfect." "Have you had breakfast?" And I said, "But my Fuhrer ,that is absolutely unimportant. Of course I had everything." "What do you want? Coffee, Zemmel, Kipfem, corns, jam," and so on. Then he went to the door and he ordered that. And then he came back and told me, "Now give me your paper and now tell me how it was." Perfect manner. I wouldn't have done the same. I would have shouted, "Spetsy where have you been? Didn't I tell you." But he [was] perfect, and of course it was overwhelming, of course. I thought [that at] that very moment, I was a defender of him.

Q: Did you ever see any cruelty?

Spitzy: No... [I saw] him the last time after Munich when he was still, let us say, a normal person.
A dictator to British [who felt] that he cheated them.... The terrible moment was Prague, when, against his promises, he conquered another nation. From that very moment he became a Imperialist. And before he reunited the Germans. And I can you tell you many stories about him, nice behaviour. And he was interested in the fate of his collaborators and he helped them. And he helped Generals who had difficulties with divorce. He was extremely rich. Don't forget, his book was translated in 70 languages, and he owned the Felkisherbrewmaker the big German paper. He had money -- as much as he wanted now. And he gave it for good purposes. [I remember] General Brauhitch wanted to divorce, but his wife asked a lot of money. Hitler gave him the 200,000 marks, 200,000 marks.... And he liked fun. And of course he liked to hear himself. He talked up to four o'clock in the morning. We [would sit] at the table. We were not allowed to go away. Then we went sometimes to the [bathroom]. We smoked a secret cigarette. Then we came back and the part of the stories he told we knew already. Practically, you know what he was? He was very alone. He knew that most people told him just what he wanted to hear. He was alone, as all dictators.... And of course he was very much interested to hear news from his chauffeur, from his butler. Much more than from ambassadors. He read the newspapers. I couldn't imagine that he could have [talked] to a...taperecorder. He needed a person to talk with. So he needed his secretaries and his ADCs. And when he was thinking about a question and musing about a question, he took one of the ADC's -- for instance, me. I was attache from the Foreign Office there. And then he talked [to] me, and said, "I am going to do that, and that, and that, and I think that's the right way and so on." And I got very much honoured and I thought, "Now world history is in my shoulders, and he has confidence in my person." He needed flesh and blood too, for the evolution of his thoughts. And then I went out and I told the others, "Now I know what the Fuhrer is going to do and what he really wants." And the next day he asked [to talk to], let's say the Naval Attache.....
People's Century | Master Race | Reinhard Spitzy

S

Sniffles

There was also that book that came out recently by one of his secretaries. She's now in her 90s and hadn't spoken up about this for over 60 years, but she described Hitler as a charming and personable man who always treated her respectfully and radiated personal warmth and empathy. She found it difficult to believe that he was responsible for such heinous atrocities at all, hence her silence all this time until she finally accepted what he had done and chose to speak out about her experiences with him.

That would be Traudl Junge and her memoirs Until the final hour. I believe she died a few years ago.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That would be Traudl Junge and her memoirs Until the final hour. I believe she died a few years ago.

Thanks. It's evident nobody in this thread has done anywhere near the amount of research you have.

I still don't see how anyone can argue for anything but xNFJ.

S

Sniffles

Well Ive been extensively researching WWII for the past 15+ years.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks. It's evident nobody in this thread has done anywhere near the amount of research you have.

I still don't see how anyone can argue for anything but xNFJ.

Peguy makes a convincing case. You could have been a bit more convincing rather than making random comments about astrology charts and other useless things.

S

Sniffles

Here's an excerpt from Hitler's last public speech, given in early 1945 just months before Germany surrendered. He's trying to inspire hope for victory to the German people in these tough times:

[youtube="HRSnqLFPQ2A"]Hitler's last speech[/youtube]

That does seem rather Fe in many ways as I see it; especially with his appeals to strength of will and determination to make sacrifices for the greater good.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Peguy makes a convincing case. You could have been a bit more convincing rather than making random comments about astrology charts and other useless things.

Actually the astrology chart comment (and come on, you have to make fun of Tinkerbell, she tries so hard) was the only off-topic thing I said in the entire thread.

Plus his entire pro-German ethnic cleansing mission just screams Fe. He wanted to return glory to his tribal unit and bring people together to do this by appealing to their emotional bonds as one cultural group. It's obviously psychotic, but the intent is so clearly Fe-oriented.

Other than that I just repeated a couple of times that I don't think anything other than xNFJ makes sense. I'm not sure how you'd justify labeling this "random" or "useless."

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I try and answer genuine questions... if I can

As for Hitler, he was considered a major sex symbol of rock star proportions in his home country in his day (a former friend of mines, mum grew up in Germany during the war and was an impressionable teenager at the time).

My dad was a bomber pilot... so very different perspective (not that I asked him anything - would have considered that intrusive)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I try and answer genuine questions... if I can

As for Hitler, he was considered a major sex symbol of rock star proportions in his home country in his day (a former friend of mines, mum grew up in Germany during the war and was an impressionable teenager at the time).

My dad was a bomber pilot... so very different perspective (not that I asked him anything - would have considered that intrusive)

Well, this was a thread dedicated to discussing Hitler's cognitive profile, and you show up talking about his astrology chart and wonder why nobody takes you seriously?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
After reading Traudl Junge's and Rockus Misch's memoirs in the original in addition to other sources, I would have to conclude that Hitler was definitely an eNFJ with a weak 'e'. We see repeated uses of Fe, Ni, Se...

When an ENFJ is under extreme stress, apparently they act in the following way:

Like all NFs, ENFJs will disassociate themselves from stressful situations in an effort to protect their sense of well-being and togetherness. The ENFJ, however, will repress the unpleasant side of life only to have to face it later in an intensified form when it explodes from its hiding place. It can manifest itself as fits of anger, sudden outbursts, or emotional explosions. Often the ENFJ's body will reflect pent-up stress by manifesting various physical symptoms that will erupt unexpectedly.

Remind you of anyone?

In addition, I would add that most of you have only seen a 'rabid' Hitler, caught right at the climax of a speech, when he was speaking the loudest, the strongest, and the most obnoxious way. Most of the time, he did not talk that way. For the cases that he did, I argue tertiary temptation:

Tertiary Se (ENxJ): "I'll physically intimidate him. I'll brandish a little power and he'll get back in line. Beneath all our refinement, people are just animals, and let me tell you, this animal will not be denied. I'll go with my gut instinct here. You can't know everything in advance, you have to trust your gut in each moment. Good thing my gut is trustworthy. A person with lesser character wouldn't be able to trust his luck the way I can." The Secondary Function (Ni) would say: "What is really dangerous here and what's just a paper tiger? What are some options you haven't considered yet only because the current way appears--falsely--to be necessarily so?"

Now let's look at extraverted feeling:

The process of extraverted Feeling often involves a desire to connect with (or disconnect from) others and is often evidenced by expressions of warmth (or displeasure) and self-disclosure.

Let's take a look at the helper, Ni.:

Introverted iNtuiting involves synthesizing the seemingly paradoxical or contradictory, which takes understanding to a new level. Using this process, we can have moments when completely new, unimagined realizations come to us. A disengagement from interactions in the room occurs, followed by a sudden “Aha!” or “That’s it!” The sense of the future and the realizations that come from introverted iNtuiting have a sureness and an imperative quality that seem to demand action and help us stay focused on fulfilling our vision or dream of how things will be in the future. Using this process, we might rely on a focal device or symbolic action to predict, enlighten, or transform. We could find ourselves laying out how the future will unfold based on unseen trends and telling signs. This process can involve working out complex concepts or systems of thinking or conceiving of symbolic or novel ways to understand things that are universal. It can lead to creating transcendent experiences or solutions.

I argue that he used Fe to attract the masses, in which he could modify his tone, argument, etc. to fit the audience. He was a very charismatic, kind, genuine man with those he deemed 'his own.' I believe he used Ni to help him gain power, and to know how and when to strike, Se also helped.

However, whenever his Se and extremely weak Ti overwhelmed him, he made VERY poor decisions. He should have left the Te-ing to his generals and concentrated on what he did best. As long as he was using his strongest functions (before and at the beginning of the war) he was well loved not only in Germany, but all over the world. He was supported by American capitalists.

Nonetheless, the invasion of Poland was a major Ni-fail when Se overpowered Ni. We won't even DISCUSS the invasion of Russia as an Ni-fail, Si-fail, Ti-fail. Man...that was just a freaking FAIL.

Did any of you bother to read Mein Kampf? Do any of you want to claim that document is ANYTHING but Fe dom??? Come on.

Have any of you read any memoirs in the original language (before some translation errors occur)?

The only other argument I could POSSIBLY accept is INFJ. That is feasible. But NT? SP? SJ? Hell no. and not NFP either.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
no only prats like you and victor.. I find you both ignorant and amusing, it's just a tool, some like it some don't,.... not a problem to me... I don't recomend studying it because it can be consuming. Don't worry I don't see many people taking you seriously- last troll atempt came with a side note of you being an aries and alwys starting arguments (hissy fits in men - not a good look)... Such is Karma... LOL

My point of the earlier post is that he was considered to be influential and able to impact peoples collective consiouness, but given the politics of the day that might not have been too hard- however the impact of his ability to speak to people and influence them suggested a more F type nature... which I see the thread has come around too... which it wasn't at the time.

Enjoy your chat

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How am I being a prat? I stated an argument...please feel free to counter it. I'm not saying I'm the only one who is right. I just can't see any other argument as feasible.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
no only prats like you and victor.. I find you both ignorant and amusing, it's just a tool, some like it some don't,.... not a problem to me... I don't recomend studying it because it can be consuming. Don't worry I don't see many people taking you seriously- last troll atempt came with a side note of you being an aries and alwys starting arguments... Such is Karma... LOL

Wait, you're claiming that most forum members consider astrological sign the most influential factor in deciding whether to take someone seriously? And that most people consciously think to themselves, "Gosh, I would take simulatedworld's arguments seriously, but I can't because he's an Aries"? :happy0065:

You're genuinely convinced that a majority of the forum takes astrology seriously? Really?