User Tag List

View Poll Results: What type is Hitler?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • ENTJ

    16 13.22%
  • ENFJ

    31 25.62%
  • ENFP

    3 2.48%
  • INFP

    13 10.74%
  • INTJ

    10 8.26%
  • INFJ

    40 33.06%
  • ISFP

    1 0.83%
  • ESTJ

    6 4.96%
  • ESFJ

    1 0.83%
First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 241

Thread: Hitler

  1. #21
    Member Penda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Hitler actually believed in his cause of racial purity and creating a German Lebensraum. That was his harmony and beauty. All the deaths and warfare were only a secondary consideration. I think that's a pretty twisted cause, but to Hitler it made perfect sense. You have to consider the environment of early 20th Century Austria rather than present mores and values.
    Last edited by Penda; 12-28-2009 at 04:49 PM. Reason: caveat
    There are miles to go before I sleep...

  2. #22
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Penda View Post
    You have to consider the environment of early 20th Century Austria rather than present mores and values.
    This

  3. #23
    Senior Member Ace_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    TNT
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Penda View Post
    Hitler actually believed in his cause of racial purity and creating a German Lebensraum. That was his harmony and beauty. All the deaths and warfare were only a secondary consideration. I think that's a pretty twisted cause, but to Hitler it made perfect sense. You have to consider the environment of early 20th Century Austria rather than present mores and values.
    Yeah, but would an NFJ kill tens of millions of people to make it happen?

    Would an NF plan and plot to do that for years and years cold bloodedly?

    Would an INFJ be comfortable if 99% of people were afraid of him?

  4. #24
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace_ View Post
    Yeah, but would an NFJ kill tens of millions of people to make it happen?

    Would an NF plan and plot to do that for years and years cold bloodedly?

    Would an INFJ be comfortable if 99% of people were afraid of him?
    You're still looking at the world in terms of 21st century enlightened global values.

    Hitler wanted to do what he thought was best for Germany. Period.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Ace_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    TNT
    Posts
    170

    Default

    An example of an INFJ: Gandhi was born before Hitler.

    Also Goethe was born much before both of them. He was an INFJ too.

    So this invalidates you argument.

  6. #26
    psicobolche tcda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    As they say in the Simpson's "some people are just jerks" (to paraphrase it, the one with Stampy, you know) :p
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

    "Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

    -Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

  7. #27
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace_ View Post
    An example of an INFJ: Gandhi was born before Hitler.

    Also Goethe was born much before both of them. He was an INFJ too.

    So this invalidates you argument.
    No - it doesn't invalidate my argument. All NFJs are not the same. They are not all healthy and well-adjusted. It's really simplistic to think that murderers and other unpleasant people could not be NFs.

    It would be like saying that you assume all Te doms kill people who inefficiently get in their way.

    Besides, I think Hitler was ENFJ, not INFJ.

  8. #28
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    ^Seriously.

    This "NFs are all bubble gum and sparkles" idea that some people have is pretty ridiculous. Even some NFs believe that NFs can't be mean, rude, cruel... essentially that they are not human.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Ace_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    TNT
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    No - it doesn't invalidate my argument. All NFJs are not the same. They are not all healthy and well-adjusted. It's really simplistic to think that murderers and other unpleasant people could not be NFs.

    It would be like saying that you assume all Te doms kill people who inefficiently get in their way.

    Besides, I think Hitler was ENFJ, not INFJ.
    It invalidates your argument about me looking at the world in terms of 21st century enlightened global values.

    Neither Gandhi nor Goethe lived in the 21st century. In fact they lived before Hitler.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    ^Seriously.

    This "NFs are all bubble gum and sparkles" idea that some people have is pretty ridiculous. Even some NFs believe that NFs can't be mean, rude, cruel... essentially that they are not human.
    The MBTI descriptions were written in that way. MBTI was probably made by an NF then. I'm just going by the descriptions. Read them.

  10. #30
    Senior Member BlueGray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    474

    Default

    So because not all people of a type come to the same conclusion means they can't be the same type? You seem to imply that everyone within a type is identical and that all experiences have no effect on how a person acts.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] Hitler...intj or entj?
    By BlackOp in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 299
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 11:21 PM
  2. Hitler number 2
    By Munchies in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-24-2010, 11:37 AM
  3. Hitler Analysis
    By sleepless in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 222
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 08:03 PM
  4. Adolf Hitler Campbell Taken From Parents By Police
    By 01011010 in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 02-01-2009, 08:01 PM
  5. Hitler does a nice two step :0
    By proteanmix in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 11:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO