Thread: Hitler

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I do seem very NF-ish. I have been convinced that I am NF. I almost always test as xNFP on the four dichotomies.

But then I read Keirsey, and I'm like....wait a second. Why am I this weird blend between NF and SP?

And then I start to wonder why I value my Si so much, why I'd be so in touch with it as an ENFP.

Then I read Beebe's Demon Ne theory.

Finally, I take into consideration how combative I am vs. other NFs. I seem to seek confrontation rather than avoiding it, and while I'm relatively physically docile as an adult, I went through a pretty impulsive phase of mild violence between the ages of approximately 15 until sometime in my early 20s. That's NF behavior? Is it really?

I don't know. I'm inclined to lean toward ENFP, but ESFP no longer seems that ridiculous to me, either.
    Since SP and ENP are both kinds of Sanguine, then they will have some similarities; and the NF+ENP will seem in that limited extent like both NF and SP. Just like NF and INP being Phlegmatic or Supine, so INTP seems like both NT and NF in some respects. My wife seems like an SP in some respects, (including some impulsiveness) even though she is an ESFJ. The orderly SJ Melancholic will always balance it eventually, however.

So Sanguines of any stripe have hot tempers with expressive, often loud reactions. What you describe could still fit ENFP.
    It would just be tempered a bit by the NF desire for peace and harmony.

That's why I ask if you identify with Demonic Se at all. We could all behave any way with any of the functions, but the archetype will just mark a greater tendency with the associated function.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    Then why are we typing him at all?
    I did once hear Jung quoted as saying he was so messed up as to be untypable.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)

Type Ideas

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Nobody is untypable.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Nobody is untypable.
    sure, as long as the typology used is flexible enough to account for exceptions and extremes in cognitive preferences or behavior within a single type.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Since SP and ENP are both kinds of Sanguine, then they will have some similarities; and the NF+ENP will seem in that limited extent like both NF and SP. Just like NF and INP being Phlegmatic or Supine, so INTP seems like both NT and NF in some respects. My wife seems like an SP in some respects, (including some impulsiveness) even though she is an ESFJ. The orderly SJ Melancholic will always balance it eventually, however.

So Sanguines of any stripe have hot tempers with expressive, often loud reactions. What you describe could still fit ENFP.
    It would just be tempered a bit by the NF desire for peace and harmony.

That's why I ask if you identify with Demonic Se at all. We could all behave any way with any of the functions, but the archetype will just mark a greater tendency with the associated function.
    So my reckless acting out when I feel very attacked (like smacking guys upside the head in my teens, or just overreacting to slights and becoming verbally defensive as an adult) could be Demonic Se? Just showing the ugly side of Se?

Well, okay. Also, I seem to identify with Si a whole bunch, which makes me think it was in my top four functions, and I fit the Lenore Thomson description for Inferior Si perfectly. It just seems that some ENFPs are unaware of their Si or if they are aware, reject it. I guess I'm just a more Sensor-ish NF. That doesn't bother me at all, maybe I'm just more balanced. On the four dichotomies I am most strongly FP rather than E or N.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

Well, it's kind of confusing. From what I read about him as a child, he sounds rather xSTP, but I think that may have been a mask.
    He was an artist, but I don't like that people immediately think ISFP because of that. All types can be artists.
    His father was abusive, and he had definite issues with his family, as did his sister if you read between the lines. Because of this, it's not surprising that his morals turned out to be screwed up.
    His ideas were rather mainstream for the times... he wasn't iconoclastic in that sense.
    In my opinion, he didn't really show that much tactical or strategic brilliance, and remember that he had many underlings so it's difficult to say whose ideas were whose.

Germany as a whole seemed to project "ISTJ trying to be an INTJ" at the time... so that was what I had originally typed him as, but now I'm not so sure.

As an S, I think he'd have to be an introvert, but I could see him as an ENxJ. He didn't sound like an ENP child and I don't really see him as IxFP. So that leaves ISTJ, ENTJ, and ENFJ.

If you look at the Cognitive Functions and Problem Solving thread by onemoretime, ISTJ seems a poor fit to his approach, and ENTJ seems more likely than ENFJ. Hitler's actions do seem like extremely negative Fe, but I can't decide if it's Demon Fe or Dom/Hero Fe. I think I'm going with ENTJ.
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    sure, as long as the typology used is flexible enough to account for exceptions and extremes in cognitive preferences or behavior within a single type.
    Of course.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Nobody is untypable.
    Except Hitler and your mom.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    So my reckless acting out when I feel very attacked (like smacking guys upside the head in my teens, or just overreacting to slights and becoming verbally defensive as an adult) could be Demonic Se? Just showing the ugly side of Se?
    Yes, that would seem to match perfectly.

Well, okay. Also, I seem to identify with Si a whole bunch, which makes me think it was in my top four functions, and I fit the Lenore Thomson description for Inferior Si perfectly. It just seems that some ENFPs are unaware of their Si or if they are aware, reject it. I guess I'm just a more Sensor-ish NF. That doesn't bother me at all, maybe I'm just more balanced. On the four dichotomies I am most strongly FP rather than E or N.
    The way I'm coming to understand it, as I have been saying elsewhere, is that our feelings of vulnerability and inferiority will come through the inferior function, and our reactive behaviors and projections will be through its shadow, the Demon (at least if the perceived threat is great enough).
    So this is why most people will attribute everything inferior to the fourth function-attitude, but when they take the cognitive processes test, the inferior will often be 8th, and the 8th function will be strong.
    It thus matches Lenore's ship order, where Se would be the right-brain alternative "Crow's Nest", which will appear to be the first line of defense when the dominant can't solve the problem.

So likely, you feel inferior in issues regarding stored factual/tangible data. Emergent conceptual data can't help you with that, so you then turn to emergent tangible reaction (rather than data), such as smacking guys on the head.

And didn't you mention a background of abuse, or something? That right there is going to make Si a very painful and touchy area for you. So that is why it will be more noticeable for you than other ENFP's. It will be even more irritable and easily bruised, also leading to easily constellated Demon Se. I'll be those guys you mention somehow triggered bad memories, or something, and thus you reacted like that.

To keep this on topic, let's now transfer this to Hitler, and picture an extremely messed up Fi complex (whether puer or anima) that degraded into a very bad Fe reactiveness.

Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    Except Hitler and your mom.
    The fuck? Anyone who's actually read about Hitler (rather than just going ZOMG HE WAS AN EEVUL PSYCHO ASSHOLE BECUZ HE KEELED JOOZ AND STUFF), and actually know how the cogs operate, would have to type him an NFJ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole