MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    This is probably my worst flaw:

I can't tell you how much that is so me.

I also started thinking since I always felt I "had a lot of Si for an ENFP" that perhaps it's because Si is my Opposing Personality Complex instead of my Inferior.
    Is that your primary experience of Ne? Does Se usually carry a more natural, positive feeling? (Remember, whichever one is going to be the ego's main world-view).

You don't identify at all with :
    "zero in on isolated details, hastily acting on them in a chaotic disjointed way" (Berens):
    •feels undone by emergent tangible experience not under control of conceptual knowledge, and projects by trying to destroy others with rash impulsive reactions

Well, maybe you could be ESFP. You always did seem more conceptual minded, and NF-ish in some of the stuff you talk about. Or it could just be the parent Fi I was seeing.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    oh no no no not the remake!!!

[YOUTUBE="K08akOt2kuo"] the very best hitler. [/YOUTUBE]
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Is that your primary experience of Ne? Does Se usually carry a more natural, positive feeling? (Remember, whichever one is going to be the ego's main world-view).

You don't identify at all with :
    "zero in on isolated details, hastily acting on them in a chaotic disjointed way" (Berens):
    •feels undone by emergent tangible experience not under control of conceptual knowledge, and projects by trying to destroy others with rash impulsive reactions

Well, maybe you could be ESFP. You always did seem more conceptual minded, and NF-ish in some of the stuff you talk about. Or it could just be the parent Fi I was seeing.
    I do seem very NF-ish. I have been convinced that I am NF. I almost always test as xNFP on the four dichotomies.

But then I read Keirsey, and I'm like....wait a second. Why am I this weird blend between NF and SP?

And then I start to wonder why I value my Si so much, why I'd be so in touch with it as an ENFP.

Then I read Beebe's Demon Ne theory.

Finally, I take into consideration how combative I am vs. other NFs. I seem to seek confrontation rather than avoiding it, and while I'm relatively physically docile as an adult, I went through a pretty impulsive phase of mild violence between the ages of approximately 15 until sometime in my early 20s. That's NF behavior? Is it really?

I don't know. I'm inclined to lean toward ENFP, but ESFP no longer seems that ridiculous to me, either.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    In Hitler's case, his belief in the existence of golems does not strike me as highly influential, and from my Jungian reading it seems to be due to the influence of an inferior function (such as Ne). If it's true what they say about his interest in astrology and the like (Nostradamus), then that is just Si evincing an inferior function.
    Hitler's belief in golems? Where did you hear about this? Concerning astrology, Hitler didn't really believe in astrology or much of the occult. Deputy Führer Rudolf Hess was the one really into astrology.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Hitler's belief in golems? Where did you hear about this? Concerning astrology, Hitler didn't really believe in astrology or much of the occult. Deputy Führer Rudolf Hess was the one really into astrology.
    Golems were Jewish mythological creatures allegedly sent to kill Hitler, he feared them so he must have believed in them. The golem was a product of Rabbi Loew in the 16th century, its task was to kill all the enemies of the Jew. Hitler believed he was chosen by an occult influence. Yep, Hess was into astrology, but Hitler was into Nostradamus, possibly as a propaganda tool and possibly also as a personal belief. Nostradamus allegedly predicted his rise to power, and also his eventual victory. Hitler famously believed his life was saved during a WWI battle by an occult presence whispering to him to move a few feet from where an enemy shell then landed.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Sniffles

Golems were Jewish mythological creatures allegedly sent to kill Hitler, he feared them so he must have believed in them.
    Source?

Yep, Hess was into astrology, but Hitler was into Nostradamus, possibly as a propaganda tool and possibly also as a personal belief.
    No, he didn't. He often dismissed astrology as nothing more than "Medieval rubbish", and often privately mocked those Nazis like Himmler and Rosenberg especially who took it seriously. Goebbels did use Nostradamus largely as a propaganda tool, but so did the Allies for that matter.

Nostradamus allegedly predicted his rise to power, and also his eventual victory.
    That's questionable at best, since Nostradamus makes references to "Hister", which was the old name for the Danube. Of course John Hogue tries to twist this around by claiming Hitler was born on the Danube. However the Quatrains are often vague as to mean anything you want.

Hitler famously believed his life was saved during a WWI battle by an occult presence whispering to him to move a few feet from where an enemy shell then landed.
    Yes I've heard this story too. However, you often only hear about this in the specific subgenre specifically dealing with Nazism and the Occult, which presents significant problems - as Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke has ironically noted.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Source?
    It's not to be found on the internet, so you won't have ready confirmation. Believe what you want. Not every fact that exists is found on the net. When and for how long he believed in golems I can't say, but it was probably toward the end of his career when his sanity was slowly being reduced by paranoia, and he believed that he had enemies everywhere.

No, he didn't. He often dismissed astrology as nothing more than "Medieval rubbish", and often privately mocked those Nazis like Himmler and Rosenberg especially who took it seriously. Goebbels did use Nostradamus largely as a propaganda tool, but so did the Allies for that matter.
    I believe you misread me. I amended my previous statement to say Hess-astology and Hitler-Nostradamus. How seriously Hitler took it depended on what the Quatrains said about his future victory. If they predicted victory, then Hitler believed Nostradamus.

Hitler was an Si after all. The ISTJ in particular will take an interest in and discuss supernatural matters (or philosophical, or any other mystical/religious subject matter), usually if they might serve to benefit his cause. It must have some practical application. The curiosity of the ISTJ won't extend to acquiring knowledge for its own sake.

So I wouldn't try to claim that Hitler was a proponent of Nostradamus beyond some practical purpose. Yes, Goebbels used Nostradamus for propaganda. Yes, so did the allies and so have many, many others throughout the period of time after Nostradamus lived. And Goebbels wouldn't have used the Quatrains without Hitler's approval, but that in itself doesn't require Hitler's belief in them. Hitler simply latched on to anything that made his future look more promising.

That's questionable at best, since Nostradamus makes references to "Hister", which was the old name for the Danube. Of course John Hogue tries to twist this around by claiming Hitler was born on the Danube. However the Quatrains are often vague as to mean anything you want.
    And Hitler wanted to believe. And so did millions of other Germans. Hitler's humble Austrian beginnings made his gullibility possible.

As an example, these days hardly anybody believes in fairies, but believe it or not the following picture was accepted as valid back in the good ole days by professional photographers:
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/hoaxipedia/cot3small.jpg
    This picture, from a serious of similar pictures created in 1920 England, was finally debunked in 1978 by famous magician and professional debunker James Randi.

Hitler famously believed his life was saved during a WWI battle by an occult presence whispering to him to move a few feet from where an enemy shell then landed.
    No response?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Here's an interesting page on astrology in WWII Germany:
    http://www.astrology.co.uk/news/worldwar2.htm

Its a stretch to say "Krafft became Hitler's astrologer" when they never actually met. But there is an important Nostradamus mention too. Sorry, no golems.

Sniffles

It's not to be found on the internet, so you won't have ready confirmation. Believe what you want. Not every fact that exists is found on the net. When and for how long he believed in golems I can't say, but it was probably toward the end of his career when his sanity was slowly being reduced by paranoia, and he believed that he had enemies everywhere.
    So I take it you cannot name a source for this claim eh?

I believe you misread me. I amended my previous statement to say Hess-astology and Hitler-Nostradamus. How seriously Hitler took it depended on what the Quatrains said about his future victory. If they predicted victory, then Hitler believed Nostradamus.
    I didn't misread you, I answered this quite forcefully that Hitler denounced this stuff as rubbish.

No response?
    Actually I did respond. Even if true, it doesn't prove much - certainly not Hitler's belief in Nostradamus.