• ESTJ

6 4.96%
  • ESFJ

1 0.83%
First 81617181920 Last

Thread: Hitler

MBTI
    ENFP

In the "what's the difference?" thread in this section, people say they can't readily tell the difference between judging intuitive feelers and judging intuitive thinkers.There does seem to be a tendency to come off like a T if an NFJ has their Ti or Te proverbial crap together. The same can be said for some INFPs.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I've noticed people find it easier to blame evil stuff, especially if it's related to a personal vision, on F's.

More chance, in my mind, for him to be T... with a poorly developed N and F. Those functional areas of his psyche seem immature and malformed to me.
    BEST!

After going along with the herd with INFJ for a while, I think ISTJ is a much better type call for Hitler. So much better that I thought of creating a new thread on the topic, but then I decided to bump this one instead.

As always it is necessary to state up front that not everybody goes along with their type. But in this case, Hitler's belief in the existence of "golems" demonstrates the presence of an inferior function related to Si: his inner world was full of strange objects that he believed existed in reality. "God" might be considered one of them, but for Hitler it is just a conservative Si belief that coincides with being raised a Catholic.

The idea that Hitler was an INFJ because he had a desire to produce artworks is a false stereotype. In fact, his primary desire growing up was to join the Catholic priesthood.

Hitler's nationalistic fervor is Si at its worst.

If Hitler was an INFJ or ISFJ, the Fe is not very apparent. But the Te is very apparent. It gave him the ability to amass and organize vast armies, and perhaps also the ability to manipulate his audiences through his fervent git'r'dun speeches.

ISTJ Motivational Posters:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqv7StpErdk
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

ENFJ 6w5 Sx/So
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Curious how no one voted ISFP.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    There was also that book that came out recently by one of his secretaries. She's now in her 90s and hadn't spoken up about this for over 60 years, but she described Hitler as a charming and personable man who always treated her respectfully and radiated personal warmth and empathy. She found it difficult to believe that he was responsible for such heinous atrocities at all, hence her silence all this time until she finally accepted what he had done and chose to speak out about her experiences with him.
    I personally know an elderly East German lady who met Hitler once. Her father worked as a driver for Hitler (or his henchmen, not sure) and she had some formal opportunity to meet him. She said she hated him so much that she would have liked to spit in his face (not sure what would have happened!). But when she met him, she felt frozen - she felt such a cold sensation of darkness coming off him that all she could do was limply shake his hand. Different experiences...

I'm not sure how constructive it is to try and type the man. He was obviously deranged and I also firmly believe that he had given himself over to the control of demonic forces. My gut feeling is ENTJ, but I can't particulary substantiate it and wouldn't want to spend a lot of time on it.

I can say that I visited Auschwitz a few years ago and it was one of the darkest and most haunting experiences I have ever had.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Similarly, I've read that his mother's doctor during the last weeks of her life was Jewish, and the theory is that his failure to do anything for his mother engendered a hatred for all Jews. It's been a while since I read this. I don't have a source and could me mistaken.

EDIT: I have proven myself incorrect! In fact, Hitler's family doctor was Jewish, Dr. Eduard Bloch, but helped the family despite their impoverished state and inability to afford a doctor. Hitler wrote him numerous notes of gratitude, gave him handmade gifts and gave him special protection from persecution when Hitler invaded Austria for Bloch's kindness.
    The Jews had been the scapegoats of Europe for thousands of years, so it wasn't that Hitler had a personal vendetta (or personal non-vendetta!) against them. Anti-Semitism is still very much alive in European discourse.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

I find it hilarious that NF is even an option. Perhaps we should place all NFs in detention, until we can prove that they won't turn out like Hitler.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    I find it hilarious that NF is even an option. Perhaps we should place all NFs in detention, until we can prove that they won't turn out like Hitler.
    NFs can't have a horribly distorted worldview, develop skewed values from this perspective & harbor a passion to mold it into something that better matches their ideal?
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Curious how no one voted ISFP.
    Lol.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    He was an Fe dom, he thought he was doing the right thing for Germany. His motive was very Fe, not Te. Plus he had Ni vision, of course i.e. Nazi Germany, the Aryan race, blah blah blah.

Some people think he's INFJ rather than ENFJ, but I think his charisma lends itself to Fe dominance.

Of course Ni dominance could explain his particular, special form of crazy.

You have to understand that the man was severely abused, and was also probably a paranoid schizophrenic, so you can't just say all NFJs will be like Hitler.

Some are like Ghandi instead.

Do you see the similiarity though, in their motives? Hmm? One is regarded as a saint, the other as satan, but I see how they're incredibly similar on a functional level.

Same with Jesus.