User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Jonathan Safron Foer

Has anyone read his books? For some reason I never quite finished Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close because I kept going back to to best parts and reading them over again.

I love the way he writes; he has such a creative style.

I realize many people might be unfamiliar with him, but if you've heard of him or read any of his books: what do you think his MBTI type is, and why?

"The two most important forms of intelligence are the ability to read other people and the ability to understand oneself." -Bruce Pandolfini

"Feathers filled the small room. Our laughter kept the feathers in the air. I thought about birds. Could they fly is there wasn't someone, somewhere, laughing?"
    Jonathan Safran Foer (Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Aww, no one? Shucks.

I was thinking NT, but that's as far as I got.

"The two most important forms of intelligence are the ability to read other people and the ability to understand oneself." -Bruce Pandolfini

"Feathers filled the small room. Our laughter kept the feathers in the air. I thought about birds. Could they fly is there wasn't someone, somewhere, laughing?"

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

when i read everything is illuminated, i saw infj. occasionally i have this "did i miss something" with many infjs and i thought he was one of them.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I'm guessing INFJ, as well.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yay, thanks.

Hmm. INFJ would definitely make much more sense... Maybe it's the Ni that makes his books so enigmatically delicious.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Never read any of his work, but I heard him talking on NPR about his new book, Eating Animals, being a vegetarian, farms, local meat, that kind of thing. Thought he sounded like an entirely reasonable person..very level-headed and down to earth, to the point that I almost want to say that he has a thinking preference...maybe INTP? INFJ seems plausible as well though.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Never read any of his work, but I heard him talking on NPR about his new book, Eating Animals, being a vegetarian, farms, local meat, that kind of thing. Thought he sounded like an entirely reasonable person..very level-headed and down to earth, to the point that I almost want to say that he has a thinking preference...maybe INTP? INFJ seems plausible as well though.
    Yeah, that's what made me originally consider NT. I really don't think he's P, though... In the videos I've seen of him, he just gives off these J vibes. And no, I don't know what J vibes are, but I'm pretty sure I felt them.

His novels are very creatively written: intricate, cryptic, lyrical - almost to the point of being some kind of written art. So appealing.

From some interviews I've watched, he's definitely an INFJ, and I see it in his writing style too.

MBTI
    INxx

Seems like every good author is INxJ. Can you please dont hog them all?
    I would eat an artichoke down to its heart,
    then feed the heart to him.
    It was enough that he was not you and utterly foreign,
    related to no one. So easy to love.