First 4567 Last

Thread: That 70's show

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Jackie, a T type? She comes across, to me, as an F foil (romantic and affectionate) to Donna's T (headstrong and blunt)...
    ESTP girls are romantic and affectionate too when they have Sx in their stacking. Mila Kunis is an ESTP herself (6w7 Sp/Sx) and can be considered as romantic and affectionate too, but she's ultimately a thinker. Being F is not about being romantic and affecrtionate, many T are, being F is about taking decisions based on subjectivity, emotions and ethic, Jackie is objective and utilitarian and does'nt follow any ethic in particulary, when she has to take decision, she's headstrong too, but less blunt because she's manipulative, like many ESTPs.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    ESTP girls are romantic and affectionate too when they have Sx in their stacking. Mila Kunis is an ESTP herself (6w7 Sp/Sx) and can be considered as romantic and affectionate too, but she's ultimately a thinker. Being F is not about being romantic and affecrtionate, many T are, being F is about taking decisions based on subjectivity, emotions and ethic, Jackie is objective and utilitarian and does'nt follow any ethic in particulary, when she has to take decision, she's headstrong too, but less blunt because she's manipulative, like many ESTPs.
    Hmmm... From that angle, I could see ESTP. I'm divided about it...
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

eric ISFP 9w1 6w7 (thank you viridian)
    moral and sensitive; sarcastic and witty; loyal and stubborn.

donna ENFJ 8w9
    individualistic and headstrong; feminist and idealistic; over-confident and dismissive.

hyde INTP 9w8
    dry and logical; rebellious and antiauthoritarian; cynical and blunt.
    i see why people are saying E but he comes off more to me as a Ti dom than Ne.

kelso ENFP 7w6
    warm-hearted and fun; enthusiastic and spontaneous; distracted and gullible.
    way too head in the clouds to be a Se dominant.

fez ESFP
    warm and sensual; fluid and entertaining; dramatic and endearing.
    i am not sure of his enneatype. 4w3? 2w3? 7w6?

jackie ESFJ 3w2
    social and practical; advising and directing; garrulous and affiliative.
    jackie's groundedness comes from J, not from T. she is not objective. her main motive is to attract the attention and praise of other people.

kitty ENFP 2w3
    protective and doting; sociable and gathering; feisty and excitable.
    extraverted and a Feeler, but not nearly practical enough to be a J.

red ISTJ 6w5
    practical and blunt; traditionalist and directive; grumpy and deadpan.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula
    Has anyone else noticed how often main characters tend to be ISFP? I wonder why that is. A friend of mine suggested it was because many writers tended to be, I think it is because it is one of the most fluid types. It's easier to make a main character "go along with the story" than to have one who is out there creating it. Just my thought process though, could easily be wrong.

yes. i think it's the combination of Fi, which allows the main character to be the moral director (plus easier to have a Feeler character as the bridge to the audience); introversion, which allows him/her to spend more Judging time in their head; and Se, which allows them to actively move through the work, not spending much of their Perceiving time in their heads. essentially they're the perfect "guide" character, in addition to being easily relatable.

interesting to note the most "masculine" characters - red and hyde - are both IxTxs. donna and eric, the "parents" of the kids' group, share Se/Ni, but they clash between eric's idealistic FP and donna's action-oriented FJ. kelso and fez, both of whom provide a "pure" form of comic relief (untainted by political issues (hyde) or ethics (eric)) - are ExFPs. jackie and donna, both ExFJ, clash continually given donna's self-protective exterior (e8) and jackie's egotism (e3), but both also serve to create action in the series, as both carry momentum, in contrast to the Ps. i have a soft spot for kitty, who i strongly suspect is ENFP playing a better-suited-to-ESFJ role - but does a pretty good job of it thanks to her e2w3. still, you see her get all excited in that crazy ExxP way but without real outlet besides drinking, and you can see her glee when she does something a little mischievous.

i always liked this show.
    Last edited by skylights; 01-04-2012 at 03:57 PM.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    eric ISFP 9w1
    I would peg him as more like a 6w7, with all the neuroses that come with it... Although 9w1 isn't implausible.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

eric ISFP 9w1

donna ENFJ 8w9
    individualistic and headstrong; feminist and idealistic; over-confident and dismissive.

hyde INTP 9w8
    dry and logical; rebellious and antiauthoritarian; cynical and blunt.
    i see why people are saying E but he comes off more to me as a Ti dom than Ne.

kelso ENFP 7w6
    warm-hearted and fun; enthusiastic and spontaneous; distracted and gullible.
    way too head in the clouds to be a Se dominant.

fez ESFP
    warm and sensual; fluid and entertaining; dramatic and endearing.
    i am not sure of his enneatype. 4w3? 2w3?

jackie ESFJ 3w2
    social and practical; advising and directing; garrulous and affiliative.
    jackie's groundedness comes from J, not from T. she is not objective. her main motive is to attract the attention and praise of other people.

kitty ENFP 2w3
    protective and doting; sociable and gathering; feisty and excitable.
    extraverted and a Feeler, but not nearly practical enough to be a J.

red ISTJ 6w5
    practical and blunt; traditionalist and directive; grumpy and deadpan.
    This seems like a good overall typing of the characters

However, I disagree with Hyde as 9w8; "rebellious and antiauthoritarian; cynical and blunt" are more fitting to a 6, probably counter-phobic 6, which seems to fit with Hyde's personality. I think he's cp6w5.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbringer View Post
    It's funny, but I can see her as both a T and an F. My first thought was that she was a T because she's selfish and self-centered (cares about her own goals) which isn't really what being an F is all about (consideration for others, more ethical than logical, etc). But at the same time the way she fawns over her lovers isn't really how I'd see a T work in relationships. I think ESTJ 2w3 fits her (self centered from the T and romantic from the 2), but then again, I barely remember that show so I could definitely be wrong.
    I've known of extremely romantic, puppy dogs shitting rainbows ESTJs. Don't be so quick to write it off as a possibility.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I would peg him as more like a 6w7, with all the neuroses that come with it... Although 9w1 isn't implausible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post

However, I disagree with Hyde as 9w8; "rebellious and antiauthoritarian; cynical and blunt" are more fitting to a 6, probably counter-phobic 6, which seems to fit with Hyde's personality. I think he's cp6w5.
    ah these may be true. i have a hard time separating "stoner" from 9

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

ah these may be true. i have a hard time separating "stoner" from 9
    Everybody is a 9 when smoking pot!

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post

I don't quite see it... Hyde has none of the Six's anxiety or loyalty issues - his anti-authoritarianism (and his snark in general) is pretty... nonchalant.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I don't quite see it... Hyde has none of the Six's anxiety or loyalty issues - his anti-authoritarianism (and his snark in general) is pretty... nonchalant.
    If he is 6 then he's definitely counter-phobic; at least maybe in the earlier episodes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :newwink:
  • :wink:
  • ;)