• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Give me a fictious INFJ?

Lotr246

I once took a MBTI test online and it came up with a few fictional INFJs. Here are the ones they included:

Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice
Bruce Willis's character in The Sixth Sense

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Amelie is an INFJ....

there aren't any other that i'm totally sure of

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I vote INFJ for Amelie. I would say she is a bit stronger FJ than I am. She acts her ideals onto the world and the whole thing is about connecting. Also her fantasy about solving all the worlds problems heroically takes the whole FJ thing to its extreme.

Jane Eyre is a striking INFJ I would say. Especially her "psychic" connection to Mr Rochester when she hears him cry out to hear in her mind. It seemed like the archetypal Ni-Fe "aha" moment. She seems rather like a J having a structured approach to life.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Miss Kinnian from Flowers for Algernon. She saw potential in Charlie to grow intellectually.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jane Eyre is a striking INFJ I would say. Especially her "psychic" connection to Mr Rochester when she hears him cry out to hear in her mind. It seemed like the archetypal Ni-Fe "aha" moment. She seems rather like a J having a structured approach to life.

I agree, and she's in education, which is an INFJ field too. She was quite determined in school too.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
This is interesting...expand on this please :)

I had her as xSTJ

I wouldn't have had her pegged out as and SJ....

The N would come form her imaginative thinking when Voldy possessed her and her thinking it was her imagination to begin with... her own real imaginary friend....also cos she carried a torch for for HArry for ages, I think N types are bigger on that than S types.

The F type is because I think she looks after people more - like the twins post the ball. She is emotional about lots of different things. I know her characted is not as big in the book as the leading characters.

I'm also not 100% firm just supposistion... Bonny in the films is veyr F typed

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I vote INFJ for Amelie. I would say she is a bit stronger FJ than I am. She acts her ideals onto the world and the whole thing is about connecting. Also her fantasy about solving all the worlds problems heroically takes the whole FJ thing to its extreme.

Agreed. I don't really understand why some people see her as a total INFP. I guess that people's notion of an INFJ and an INFP is often pretty mixed and interwined.

toonia said:

I do think she's more of an INFJ but I don't think she's a 'striking' one. I see her as a fair mix between an INFP and an INFJ, actually. As a child, she's much more of an INFP, and even though she usually does come across as an INFJ as an adult, there are still many Fi moments as well, especially towards the end. Her love for Mr. Rochester always felt very INFP to me, even though her general behaviour is rather INFJ-ish.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do think she's more of an INFJ but I don't think she's a 'striking' one. I see her as a fair mix between an INFP and an INFJ, actually. As a child, she's much more of an INFP, and even though she usually does come across as an INFJ as an adult, there are still many Fi moments as well, especially towards the end. Her love for Mr. Rochester always felt very INFP to me, even though her general behaviour is rather INFJ-ish.
I'm not sure what this is worth, but it is rather common over on the INFJ site for the members to mention that they are INFJs, but in their intimate relationships seem much more INFP-ish. It's just an interesting observation. It's come up maybe half a dozen times which perhaps isn't that much in the larger scheme, but enough to notice.

I wish I could think of some others, but my mind is blank.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm not sure what this is worth, but it is rather common over on the INFJ site for the members to mention that they are INFJs, but in their intimate relationships seem much more INFP-ish. It's just an interesting observation. It's come up maybe half a dozen times which perhaps isn't that much in the larger scheme, but enough to notice.

I wish I could think of some others, but my mind is blank.

Hmm, this is really interesting. However, I'd say that it'd be vital to ask these INFJs what they imagine as 'INFP-ish intimate relationships'. What does it mean? And what would 'INFJ-ish intimate relationships' mean? Everyone has met different INFJs or INFPs after all, and according to what they observed they have got a different idea of these conceptions. Also, everyone INFJ-ness (or INFP-ness) stems from something else, and this will probably have a crucial effect on their approach to relationships.

^ This was probably just rambling, but if I should relate it to Jane, I guess that she was really originally an INFP, her idea of what a relationship should be like formed at that age and kind of "stayed" inside her. But perhaps it's just useless psychologizing, who knows where Charlotte Bronte got her ideas :)

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I wouldn't have had her pegged out as and SJ....

The N would come form her imaginative thinking when Voldy possessed her and her thinking it was her imagination to begin with... her own real imaginary friend....also cos she carried a torch for for HArry for ages, I think N types are bigger on that than S types.

The F type is because I think she looks after people more - like the twins post the ball. She is emotional about lots of different things. I know her characted is not as big in the book as the leading characters.

I'm also not 100% firm just supposistion... Bonny in the films is veyr F typed

No no, this is good :) I have a bad tendency with stuff like Harry Potter to type based on the actors in the movie and not on the books. I had forgotten about the diary...that makes sense. What I'm still not sure about is whether she's IxxJ. You've showed NF fairly convincingly, but how are those functions oriented, and in what order? The whole "imaginary friend" thing could very well be INFP. Don't mean to rain on your party haha...I'm just very hesitant to award the INFJ type to anyone because it's so rare. Even in film, surprisingly.

Coincidentally, I believe Jason Alexander's character in a recent episode of Criminal Minds to be INFJ. I also believe one of the detectives to be INFJ, although I can't remember his name. I think Tom Riddle from Harry Potter as a boy was INFJ, especially after watching Frank Dillane's portrayal of him, although he may have been INTJ. It's a tough call. I agree with Amelie definitely, and as I stated before, I think Donnie Darko may very well be INFJ. Thom Yorke is not fictional, but he's definitely INFJ - just watch his interviews! Jigsaw is another fictional character that comes to mind (from the Saw series).

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Here's Jason Alexander's character - Prof. Rothschild

jason-alexander.jpg

And here's the detective I was referring to - Jason Gideon

mandyp.jpg

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I highly doubt that Ginny Weasley is an INFJ... I do think she resembles an ISFJ in the movies, but that's because the acress is one, in my opinion (in my very subjective opinion, as she's virtually a twin of an ISFJ friend of mine). I'd say she's some kind of an E__P in the books though - that's also what I've mostly seen typed her like, anyway.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agreed. I don't really understand why some people see her as a total INFP. I guess that people's notion of an INFJ and an INFP is often pretty mixed and interwined.

---

Characters (and hey, real people) can be inconsistent, which makes them hard to type, and unlike real people, they can be two types (or at least, I don't think real people switch types).

I think Amelie and Jane Eyre are INFx, because they seem to exhibit Fi Ne at times and Ni Fe at other times. I relate to Amelie more than any movie character though, so I am not willing to give her up to the INFJs :tongue:.

I think someone mentioned Elizabeth Bennett...a lot of Jane Austen heroines seem INFJ (I think Austen was INxJ, so maybe that is why).

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Characters (and hey, real people) can be inconsistent, which makes them hard to type, and unlike real people, they can be two types (or at least, I don't think real people switch types).

Yes, I agree. The author might have based them on multiple people of more types, for all we know. I've once created a character that was partly based on me, an ISTP friend, and ENFP friend and my idea of one ENFP fictional character, and the charater was still pretty consistent and some xNFP. (However, I think that people can change type in childhood or under some extreme circumstances.)

OrangeAppled said:
I think Amelie and Jane Eyre are INFx, because they seem to exhibit Fi Ne at times and Ni Fe at other times. I relate to Amelie more than any movie character though, so I am not willing to give her up to the INFJs :tongue:.

I really can't stop wondering about Amelie. Where do you see the Fi Ne in her? I'm genuinely interested because I can see her as an INFP as a child, but everything she does as an adult can be attributed to Ni Fe, imo. However, I have a pretty strong suspicion that Audrey Tatou is an INFJ, and that could influence substantially how the character feels to me.

OrangeAppled said:
I think someone mentioned Elizabeth Bennett...a lot of Jane Austen heroines seem INFJ (I think Austen was INxJ, so maybe that is why).

Do you think so? Personally, I'd type Elizabeth as an ENTP; Elinor and Marianne in Sense and Sensibility as an ISTJ (maybe INTJ) and ENFP; Catherine in Northanger Abbey as an ISFJ, possibly (I don't recall the book too clearly). The only Austen heroine that seems INFx to me is Anne Elliot in Persuasion. I do think that Austen was an INTJ, though.

Prime

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The lady in the final segment of Paris, Je T'aime, the one directed by Alexander Payne.