User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Well, I think Cate IS an INFJ in real life, so it makes sense that she'd carry some of that into her roles. (and she's been cast in INFJ roles as well)
    Yeah, I'm also pretty sure she is one. That's what I wanted to say by the 'strong INFJ vibe' I don't really think that anyone else but a real INFJ would have that.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Having seen interviews with Cate Blanchett and Nicole Kidman, I think they are both INFJs. I don't think I've ever know an INFJ in real life though. Nicole seems to be immensely versatile in the roles she plays. Cate does seem to play INFJ roles a lot though I recall Aviator in which she played Katherine Hepburn who always seemed to be an INTJ to me. They are both a couple of my favorite actresses.

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    Having seen interviews with Cate Blanchett and Nicole Kidman, I think they are both INFJs. I don't think I've ever know an INFJ in real life though. Nicole seems to be immensely versatile in the roles she plays. Cate does seem to play INFJ roles a lot though I recall Aviator in which she played Katherine Hepburn who always seemed to be an INTJ to me. They are both a couple of my favorite actresses.
    Yes, Nicole Kidman is another textbook example of an INFJ actress, imo. There is a certain elegance, dignity and sharpness in her expression, as well as a certain gentleness (kind of an oxymoron really...) and intelligence. She's definitely one of my favourite actresses, too. I can't take my eyes off her when she's on screen

I don't really like Cate Blanchett, though... She's certainly a great actress, but a little too cold for my taste.

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Evy from The Mummy?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    I actually read once that INFJ works better in novels and INFPs work better on screen. Therefore films tend to adapt even the INFJ book characters to be INFPs.

INFJ just doesnt work well as a movie character (too much inner monologue that would go unnoticed).
    INFP just doesnt work as well as a book character (too much outward moping rather than analysis inner monologue)

:takes cover:

You must not know any INFPs....no inner monologue or internal analysis? That's all we do!

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    Yes, Nicole Kidman is another textbook example of an INFJ actress, imo.
    I've seen her typed ISFP, but I think this makes more sense. She doesn't strike me as a P at all.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I've seen her typed ISFP, but I think this makes more sense. She doesn't strike me as a P at all.
    I think that ISFPs and INFJs sometimes can be confused because of the Ni-Se similarity. Recently I've met a girl whose type I had a serious trouble pinpointing, because she's about equally strong Ni and Se user and had a fairly ISFP body language, but her hobbies and abstract manner of writing finally convinced me she's an INFJ.

I don't think that's the case with Nicole Kidman though; personally, I've got no doubts about her INFJness, from both her 'vibe' and interviews. Also, everytime an INFJ-ish character appears in a book I read, Kidman's image immediately pops up in my head , and it was like that way before I got introduced to typology, so I guess there may be something archetypal going on.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hayley (Ellen Paige) from Hard Candy. I would think INFJ 5w4. The whole idea of poetic justice and vengeance makes me think this. A second guess would be INTP...

MBTI
    INTJ

Peter Petrelli from Heroes is INFJ.

Ginny Weasley is definitely an E. In the books, her family kept saying how talkative she is when not around Harry (because of her crush on Harry she was shy around him at first). That and her social antics in the later books strike me as very ExFx.
    j'adore les chats

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiana View Post
    Peter Petrelli from Heroes is INFJ.

Ginny Weasley is definitely an E. In the books, her family kept saying how talkative she is when not around Harry (because of her crush on Harry she was shy around him at first). That and her social antics in the later books strike me as very ExFx.
    She seems like an ESTP to me.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    CAT

What about Dr. Quinn? INFJ? INTJ?