• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Give me a fictious INFJ?

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Well, I think Cate IS an INFJ in real life, so it makes sense that she'd carry some of that into her roles. (and she's been cast in INFJ roles as well)

Yeah, I'm also pretty sure she is one. That's what I wanted to say by the 'strong INFJ vibe' :) I don't really think that anyone else but a real INFJ would have that.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Having seen interviews with Cate Blanchett and Nicole Kidman, I think they are both INFJs. I don't think I've ever know an INFJ in real life though. Nicole seems to be immensely versatile in the roles she plays. Cate does seem to play INFJ roles a lot though I recall Aviator in which she played Katherine Hepburn who always seemed to be an INTJ to me. They are both a couple of my favorite actresses.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Having seen interviews with Cate Blanchett and Nicole Kidman, I think they are both INFJs. I don't think I've ever know an INFJ in real life though. Nicole seems to be immensely versatile in the roles she plays. Cate does seem to play INFJ roles a lot though I recall Aviator in which she played Katherine Hepburn who always seemed to be an INTJ to me. They are both a couple of my favorite actresses.

Yes, Nicole Kidman is another textbook example of an INFJ actress, imo. There is a certain elegance, dignity and sharpness in her expression, as well as a certain gentleness (kind of an oxymoron really...) and intelligence. She's definitely one of my favourite actresses, too. I can't take my eyes off her when she's on screen :cheese:

I don't really like Cate Blanchett, though... She's certainly a great actress, but a little too cold for my taste.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I actually read once that INFJ works better in novels and INFPs work better on screen. Therefore films tend to adapt even the INFJ book characters to be INFPs.

INFJ just doesnt work well as a movie character (too much inner monologue that would go unnoticed).
INFP just doesnt work as well as a book character (too much outward moping rather than analysis inner monologue)

:takes cover:

:azdaja:

You must not know any INFPs....no inner monologue or internal analysis? :shock: That's all we do!

:D

Yes, Nicole Kidman is another textbook example of an INFJ actress, imo.

I've seen her typed ISFP, but I think this makes more sense. She doesn't strike me as a P at all.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
I've seen her typed ISFP, but I think this makes more sense. She doesn't strike me as a P at all.

I think that ISFPs and INFJs sometimes can be confused because of the Ni-Se similarity. Recently I've met a girl whose type I had a serious trouble pinpointing, because she's about equally strong Ni and Se user and had a fairly ISFP body language, but her hobbies and abstract manner of writing finally convinced me she's an INFJ.

I don't think that's the case with Nicole Kidman though; personally, I've got no doubts about her INFJness, from both her 'vibe' and interviews. Also, everytime an INFJ-ish character appears in a book I read, Kidman's image immediately pops up in my head :D , and it was like that way before I got introduced to typology, so I guess there may be something archetypal going on.

Lemonade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hayley (Ellen Paige) from Hard Candy. I would think INFJ 5w4. The whole idea of poetic justice and vengeance makes me think this. A second guess would be INTP...

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
Peter Petrelli from Heroes is INFJ.

Ginny Weasley is definitely an E. In the books, her family kept saying how talkative she is when not around Harry (because of her crush on Harry she was shy around him at first). That and her social antics in the later books strike me as very ExFx.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Peter Petrelli from Heroes is INFJ.

Ginny Weasley is definitely an E. In the books, her family kept saying how talkative she is when not around Harry (because of her crush on Harry she was shy around him at first). That and her social antics in the later books strike me as very ExFx.

She seems like an ESTP to me.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was thinking Belle? Beauty and the Beast?

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Hayley (Ellen Paige) from Hard Candy. I would think INFJ 5w4. The whole idea of poetic justice and vengeance makes me think this. A second guess would be INTP...

I think she was definitely a Feeler (no INTP), but she didn't really strike me as an introvert. My guesses would be either ENFP or ENFJ, freaking brilliant and a tad mad. The general idea behind the movie would probably point to a J, but personally I see her more as an ENFP acting on Fi (the morals behind it) and Ne (the imagination) plus Te (the cold reasoning).

Ellen Paige is an ENFP imo, which could influence it as well.

ms-mngrl

MBTI Type
INFJ
Any Mentalist fans out there? Like me??:D
Well how about Grace Van Pelt? Definately a modern INFJ gal...

Bubbleboy

MBTI Type
ENFP
Definitely not. ISFJ/xSFJ for her.

(I can't comment on the other ones)

The main character? Isn't she the one always writing poetry and blogging about the hidden symbolism of sex, shoes and cigarettes? And whining about why she can't the one true love because she's looking for it too hard? Sounds pretty N to me.

Lemonade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think she was definitely a Feeler (no INTP), but she didn't really strike me as an introvert. My guesses would be either ENFP or ENFJ, freaking brilliant and a tad mad. The general idea behind the movie would probably point to a J, but personally I see her more as an ENFP acting on Fi (the morals behind it) and Ne (the imagination) plus Te (the cold reasoning).

Ellen Paige is an ENFP imo, which could influence it as well.

Actually, that makes a lot more sense. Now that I think about it, she was using Te a lot more than Ti.

Space_Oddity

MBTI Type
CAT
Instinctual Variant
so
Miranda from Picnic at Hanging Rock is perhaps the archetypal INFJ. She's gentle, mature, feeling and is presented as sort of a seer. Her friend Sara is an INFP.

This might be my favourite movie ever, really.

MFJAGgernaut-B

MBTI Type
INFP
Any Mentalist fans out there? Like me??:D
Well how about Grace Van Pelt? Definately a modern INFJ gal...

Yes, perhaps.

Not to be outdone by the "mentalist" himself, Patrick Jane. The man definitely has the INFJ wiring upstairs, and he loves exploiting it every chance he gets.