User Tag List

First 412131415 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I am watching the 2002 BBC or whatever version it is. I love that guy.
    I love that version better than the movie in the 60's.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Meg Ryan's character in You've Got Mail is a classic INFJ. She owns a children's bookstore and aspires to be a writer. She holds a torch for someone she has never met, and has only had conversations with on the internet. She is completely unrealistic about her bookstore's financial situation, prefering to be philosophical about it. She is known for her service and kindness to people. She holds a serious grudge when someone has "done her wrong."

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Hugo Drax from Moonraker.

EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Ratsimoan View Post
    They would if they feel it's right, especially an enfp. We are not entirely control by our feelings.
    She left because Zhivago wanted her to leave, because it was for her own good. She was interested in preserving her life because she knew she was pregnant with Zhivago's baby. She made that decision out of feeling -- the feeling of loyalty to Zhivago. She knew he could have no happiness while she was in such a vulnerable position. Leaving expressed her very deep love for him in a way that indulging her feelings by staying could not.

Plus the fact that love is not dependent on proximity and she knew that they'd always be together in their hearts.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    She left because Zhivago wanted her to leave, because it was for her own good. She was interested in preserving her life because she knew she was pregnant with Zhivago's baby. She made that decision out of feeling -- the feeling of loyalty to Zhivago. She knew he could have no happiness while she was in such a vulnerable position. Leaving expressed her very deep love for him in a way that indulging her feelings by staying could not.

Plus the fact that love is not dependent on proximity and she knew that they'd always be together in their hearts.
    That sound like something an enfp would do!
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Meg Ryan's character in You've Got Mail is a classic INFJ. She owns a children's bookstore and aspires to be a writer. She holds a torch for someone she has never met, and has only had conversations with on the internet. She is completely unrealistic about her bookstore's financial situation, prefering to be philosophical about it. She is known for her service and kindness to people. She holds a serious grudge when someone has "done her wrong."
    I love that character! I've seen people want to type her infp though.

Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver.
    Yep, totes agree.

I get a way different read on Ginny than you seem to. I don't get an intuitive feel from her at all... on the contrary, to me she seems very SP. I don't think that the character is really developed enough to type definitively, but everything we hear about her is about how ballsy and quick-witted she is. Those aren't traits that are typically associated with INFJs. I also can't think of any instances that would make me think that Ginny is N rather than S. Ginny seems pretty impulse-driven to me (hence her involvement with the diary to begin with). The things she says and does in the books strike me as STP, probably ESTP.
    Beat me to it!

Bruce Willis's character in The Sixth Sense.
    Excellent. I use Willis' character to assess potential INFJs.

Miss Kinnian from Flowers for Algernon.
    I read the book 6 years ago, which one was she again? (Sidenote: what do you think the main character's type was?)

I don't really understand why some people see her as a total INFP. I guess that people's notion of an INFJ and an INFP is often pretty mixed and interwined.
    I read somewhere that to differentiate between an INFJ and an INFP is to test the dominance or lack of Fe. So INFJs, with a dominant Fe (e.g. Amelie), would be more likely to be big on Valentine's Days and other PDAs and INFPs (e.g. Holden Caufield) aren't as likely... Something along those lines. It was on infpvsinfj.com or something.

That's interesting. I would've typed her as an ENFP.

As for my input: Greg from Dharma and Greg.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by atomisedmonk View Post
    Yep, totes agree.

Miss Kinnian from Flowers for Algernon.
    I read the book 6 years ago, which one was she again? (Sidenote: what do you think the main character's type was?)

Miss Kinnian was a special education teacher and taught the main character Charlie Gordon. She also taught Charlie after Dr. Nemur and Dr. Strauss performed experimental surgery to increase his intelligence. She was a champion for Charlie when Dr. Nemur and Dr. Strauss were reluctant to perform the experimental surgery; she could see potential in Charlie to grow.

I'm not certain what Charlie's type is. Been scoffing this as well. Would have to look into this one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Ah okay. Thanks for explaining!

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    I'm not certain what Charlie's type is. Been scoffing this as well. Would have to look into this one.
    If we were to type Charlie... would we consider his personality pre-surgery or post-surgery? Or would his type be the same? I don't really understand how great an effect intelligence has on MBTI types.

MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram
    5w4

Dr. Charles Xavier

V (from V for Vendetta)