User Tag List

First 345

Thread: Donnie Darko

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Riva told me that he is an unhealthy INFJ but who knows.

I got a Ti-Ni vibe from the character. Not that this means anything.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

At heart, I’ll always be a bleeding heart liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Riva told me that he is an unhealthy INFJ but who knows.
    Did I? I can't even remember.

Hmm.. I can remember talking about the actor who played him.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    649 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Donnie - ISTP
    Gretchen - ENFJ
    Frank - INxJ?
    English teacher - ESFJ
    Science teacher - INTJ

I'm still trying to figure out the meaning of this film. It must be about different universes of time but I still have to watch it again lol
    "Those who do not move, do not notice their chains"
    -Rosa Luxemburg

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

It's a pretty good time capsule of the early 2000s; kind of eerily prescient in a way.

I'm not sure how well it reflects the climate of the late 80's; I was too young, but it seems to capture the contemporary society of when it was made pretty well.

Patrick Swayze is a self-help author rather than a televangelist, but he matches up pretty well with Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    541 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj Ne

Quote Originally Posted by incubustribute View Post
    My b, I searched for one before posting this, but if the mods want to merge it or whatever they call it, that's cool...i'd be interested for more input. I don't buy INTP for Donnie. His intuition was within his psyche and had little to do with external stimuli - Ni. He did have a very strong Ti though, always loved dissecting things and argued intensely about why they were rational/irrational. Perhaps ISTP?
    INTPs have a subconscious Ni. In fact, it's arguably my strongest trait, but I am an INTP. They control their Ti and Ne mostly, but also have an unconscious Ni and Te in the works. Otherwise they would probably be too disorganized to function(actually, many of them sort of are). Yes. I think Donnie is indeed a typical INTP.
    Ti = Ne > Ni > Si > Te = Fi > Se > Fe
    5w4 - 4w3 - 1w9
    Chaotic-True Neutral.

My Socionics test result: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/resul....V8bh7vuL.dpuf

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    It's a pretty good time capsule of the early 2000s; kind of eerily prescient in a way.

I'm not sure how well it reflects the climate of the late 80's; I was too young, but it seems to capture the contemporary society of when it was made pretty well.

Patrick Swayze is a self-help author rather than a televangelist, but he matches up pretty well with Jerry Falwell or Pat Robertson.
    Yeah, I took it more as a commentary on the political and social culture of 2002 USA than of 1988 USA. I was 7 in 1988, so my memories of that time center more around Thundercats and He-Man than on Michael Dukakis and George HW Bush. I do however remember some heated debates between family members over Dukakis vs. Bush, not unlike the scene when Donnie's sister (sort of) debates her parents at the breakfast table.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    Yeah, I took it more as a commentary on the political and social culture of 2002 USA than of 1988 USA. I was 7 in 1988, so my memories of that time center more around Thundercats and He-Man than on Michael Dukakis and George HW Bush. I do however remember some heated debates between family members over Dukakis vs. Bush, not unlike the scene when Donnie's sister (sort of) debates her parents at the breakfast table.
    I don't even remember Dukakis. Bush was the first president I remember. The first election I remember was the one in 1992.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    I don't even remember Dukakis. Bush was the first president I remember. The first election I remember was the one in 1992.
    I remember 88 vaguely. I have pretty good memories of 92. I seem to remember wanting Jerry Brown to be the dems' nominee.

96 is the first one I followed with great interest, although I couldn't vote yet.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    I remember 88 vaguely. I have pretty good memories of 92. I seem to remember wanting Jerry Brown to be the dems' nominee.

96 is the first one I followed with great interest, although I couldn't vote yet.
    I didn't really care one way or the other who won in 1992 or 1996. 2000 was the first election where I gave a damn, although I wasn't old enough to vote at that point.

Visit my Johari: