MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    How can anyone not get INFJ for Donnie?
    Explain where you got "J" from (aside from any rigid behavior attributed to a mental illness), and we'll listen.

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Why? "The voices told me to burn down his house" seems like stereotypical Ni/Se behaviour. Especially the mysterious doomsday prophesy fulfilling itself.
    Why is that Ni/Se?
    He's also possibly got a mental illness. Anything said in context of that can't easily be used to justify a type read.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Why is that Ni/Se?
    Well, Ni is about foresight and is associated with "mystical thinking" after all "Ni told me to Se the shit out of that statue".
    Hello

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Explain where you got "J" from (aside from any rigid behavior attributed to a mental illness), and we'll listen.

Why is that Ni/Se?
    He's also possibly got a mental illness. Anything said in context of that can't easily be used to justify a type read.
    Ok. I refuse to accept the mental illness analysis for Donnie Darko.

Clearly he has stepped into a hole in the space/time continuum, and he is able to change the past so that his girlfriend won't die.

I don't see the mental illness in it. It's a red herring sub-plot to build suspense, not the actual meaning of the film.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantFarce View Post
    Why? "The voices told me to burn down his house" seems like stereotypical Ni/Se behaviour. Especially the mysterious doomsday prophesy fulfilling itself.

[youtube=VWJPa0bvWnM][/youtube]
    You know what's weird? I do see the Ni now. I was actually thinking about it even before I watched this clip.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Underdeveloped secondary Je function. Ni+Ti, extreme introversion, etc.

J types don't have to have strong extroverted Judgment functions; they just have to fit one of the function molds that puts Je in the top two...it could easily be underdeveloped and yield to the less efficient tertiary, though.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I thought Donnie's behavior in the Love/Fear class was pretty archetypal of Ti expressing itself through shadow Fe. He gets extremely worked up, not for any idealistic reasons but simply because he thinks the arguments are logically incorrect. Add to that his lack of poise, randomness, and aura of being in the clouds, and I think we're dealing with an INTP.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

i tend to hover around intp for donnie

things like:
    he's so aggressive about his reasoning and his thoughts. he launches into his argument in front of the class without stopping until it's finished. he does this when they're talking about the smurfs too, his friends ignorance made him angry.
    he doesn't follow leaders like jim cunninghan
    disrespect of the religious teacher (although i recognise not all intps are irreligious)
    doesn't put his hand up in class but has a good answer when he's asked
    gets aggrevated by people like jim cunninghan
    awkward about asking out the girl but was very frank about it - but how quickyl he asked her out makes me think he's infp. intps dont warm up do the idea of dating someone so quickly (i don't think)
    doesn't consult other people when he's making actions
    has a deep relationship with frank without it being all emotive. Ts do this.
    he laughed when he traveled back in time = holisitic/intuitive understanding (?)
    has no respect for rules or authority
    is under the radar (except for his illness) but is still a trouble maker
    deep thinker, confuses the physics teacher, convinces the english teacher of his perspective of the book
    not socially extravagent , when he's found on the golf course he just sort of mumbles and leaves
    doesn't show much empathy and doesn't take drama, stigmas seriously, he's scolded at the dinner table for his joke reguarding his sister.
    in one of the deleted scenes he kind of has a D and M with his dad and while he does it, he keeps looking down at the leaves his raking, he cant meet the dad in the eyes. when im spilling my guts (or attempting to) im like this.
    he is able to empathise with cherita by putting on her ear muffs = he's not judgmental and generally open to things and simply curious.
    existential preocupations

kinda sorta..

i'm open to other suggestions.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Everybody keeps saying INxP, but that's an Ne type.

Donnie is dripping with Ni dominance; you just see Ti because he emphasizes the tertiary over the auxiliary.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    disrespect of the religious teacher (although i recognise not all intps are irreligious)
    Nor is Donnie. "Not if you follow God's path!"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Nor is Donnie. "Not if you follow God's path!"
    He's a character in a movie. He's also preordained to behave a certain way, and his movie character is not consistent, and he's suffering a mental illness.

Hence, typing him with certainty is not possible.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

He's a character in a movie. He's also preordained to behave a certain way, and his movie character is not consistent, and he's suffering a mental illness.

Hence, typing him with certainty is not possible.
    Typing anyone with certainty is not possible. That's what happens when types are up to subjective interpretation.

How does it help to point this out, exactly?