• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Richard Branson

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Fascinating guys.

I'm sure on EP but not really much else.

your guesses?

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
See at first I thought ENTP because a) I thought there was a thread that said he was and b) I think everyone I like is ENTP.

But he has a good dose of Se and from his autobiography it was heavily encouraged from a young age.

He could be T or F only thing thats clear is he uses both well.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I wanted to say ENTP or ESTP before watching him on video, but now I'm almost certain he is an F. Just something about his eyes, his attitude and his manner. He doesn't seem J at all. I'd be happy with ESFP, maybe ISFP?

five

MBTI Type
ZZZZ
Enneagram
5w6
I wanted to say ENTP or ESTP before watching him on video, but now I'm almost certain he is an F. Just something about his eyes, his attitude and his manner. He doesn't seem J at all. I'd be happy with ESFP, maybe ISFP?

I've been investigating Branson. I know exactly what you mean abut the eyes.

He is an Extrovert and Se dom, that is quite clear. I mean for God sakes, hot air ballons, kitesurfing with naked chicks on his back etc.

But I know a lot of ESTP's and Branson just seemed quite feeling from the interviews and not very fluid and witty and sharp like ESTP's. He might just have been nervous, but I've watched a few interviews.

In fact he does the feeling explosion and throws water at Colbert.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-co.../august-22-2007/richard-branson?redirect=true

It's a fine mystery. ESTP or ESFP are the choices.

ESTP is the obvious one of course, but after viewing these videos and him throwing the water... he comes across really emotional. He is also quoted about having a love for people. Both ESFP's and ESTP love people though.

The fact that he loves negotiation though is more typical of ESTP's.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP 7w8 So/Sx

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For Richard Branson, I'll have to go with ENTP as a primary type but with a developed Fe function. His dominant extraverted functions seem to fluctuate throughout his life, such that he goes through Se phases, and all of his introverted functions are weakly developed. He is the healthy e-type 8 integrating to 2, probably 7-wing (the Maverick).

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For Richard Branson, I'll have to go with ENTP as a primary type but with a developed Fe function. His dominant extraverted functions seem to fluctuate throughout his life, such that he goes through Se phases, and all of his introverted functions are weakly developed. He is the healthy e-type 8 integrating to 2, probably 7-wing (the Maverick).

If you think that Richard Branson is of a reactive type, you are fool.

five

MBTI Type
ZZZZ
Enneagram
5w6

ESTP is the "obvious" choice but ESFP may fit better.

http://selinascoble.com/success-sec...amous-entrepreneur-part-1-bransons-childhood/

Salient points:
- Love sports (Se)
- Started a charity in school (Fi)
- Wants to change the world (Fi)
- he wanted to leave school to start his campaign against the war. (Fi)

To those fo you saying ENFP and ENTP, that does not match reality. The man is almost the definition of Se. NFP and NTP are Sis.

Oh and the fact that he did all those ridiculous performance stunts. Showing off and performing is an ESFP trait.

five

MBTI Type
ZZZZ
Enneagram
5w6

http://selinascoble.com/success-sec...amous-entrepreneur-part-1-bransons-childhood/

Salient points:
- Love sports (Se)
- Started a charity in school (Fi)

To those fo you saying ENFP and ENTP, that does not match reality. The man is almost the definition of Se. NFP and NTP are Sis.

Oh and the fact that he did all those ridiculous performance stunts. Showing off and performing is an ESFP trait.

This article though has a much more ESTP tone to it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mos...s--especially-lives-new-space-passengers.html

Again Se dominance is clear, but here he comes across more opportunistic.

Living louder than reality is a typical ESTP trait. He doesn't actually own most of the Virgin companies. He licenses the brand. Also what kind of billionaire rents out his private yacht? Not many, but maybe an opportunistic one would (ESTP).

Still, I have the instincts of an engineer. I am fascinated by how things work and how things are done, and how things might be done differently. - Richard Branson

More of an ESTP quote vs ESFP.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Salient points:
- Love sports (Se)
Social Instinct

-
Started a charity in school (Fi)
agreed

NF

NF

ENPs can be adventurous and into crazy stunts too

7w8

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you think that Richard Branson is of a reactive type, you are fool.

I don't think 8w7 is a foolish assessment (though I don't agree with it) the guy does look an awful lot like a an 8 integrated to 2

KDude

Elfboy, I still think you're ESFP as well. So I take your defense of ENFP with a grain of salt. ;)

five

MBTI Type
ZZZZ
Enneagram
5w6
I've noticed a pattern as well on typology forums as well. When things don't fit the types people want them to, they resort to Enneagram to fit in the gaps. Or "I'm just a really feeling type of Thinker that loves art and poetry and cooking and helping people, I'm *definitely* an INTP though!! - multiple tests confirm it!!"

Silly.

MBTI + Environmental Factors (eg a person's past influences from the environment, abuse, drinking, divorce, happy family, moving around a lot, rich, poor, average income, being teased, large family, only child, daddy issues, drugs, pressure to perform from parents, orphan child, overbearing mother,cultural differences, etc etc list is endless) give a very accurate overview of any individual.

R

Riva

RB is definitely an ExxP. I believe we could all agree on that?

I haven't watched interviews of him. So my typing would be wrong. But typing people from interviews would be a hard thing to do.
Everyone who is interviewed appears extroverted I've noticed :laugh:.

He does give a Se dom vibe.
Assuming he is an Se dom I select ESFP hands down.

ESTPs are somewhat tensed and are usually overkills.
RB appears and sounds extremely easy going and peaceful.
(Also gives a slight Hippie vibe that is somewhat xSFP and never xSTP. )
ESFPs and my type are the most easy going extroverted types in my opinion.