Thread: Richard Branson

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    It's not my system, it's the system. The system that you pretend to master.
    I don't pretend to master any system.

I don't ignore level of integration, that simply has'nt anything to do. Level integration is a mark of your emotional state and how much you're entranced or liberate from your acquired personality. The acquired personality of the 7 is assertive and positive, not reactive. At low level of integration, 8s tend to be sociopath, 7s to be narcissist, at high level, 8s tend to be generous protectors, 7s to be visionary humanist. That's what Richard B is.
    Branson is like Gandhi?

Richard Branson demonstrates all the characteristics of the 8w7 at the higher levels of 8. It is the magnanimous person, almost always an entrepreneur, who donates large sums of money and time to groups of people. But he still stands apart from the individuals in that group.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

I think both of you are consummate NTPs for liking this shit too much.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Branson is like Gandhi?

Richard Branson demonstrates all the characteristics of the 8w7 at the higher levels of 8. It is the magnanimous person, almost always an entrepreneur, who donates large sums of money and time to groups of people. But he still stands apart from the individuals in that group.
    Magnanimous?

The primal orientation of RB is to have fun and share that with others. His humanism is reflected by his optimism about about people "everyone can be rich, etc.", not to be a rigid perfectionist like Gandhi. He is orientd toward the future and leads from the head, not from the gut.

[youtube=5BrKiG1cUPA]Richard Branson interview 1998[/youtube]

Richard B is all about fun, he is strong but his energy is more a mental energy oriented toward making plan to have fun than physical energy oriented toward power. Being a 7 he has fear and nervosity but it's barely visible, he diffuse it having fun, joking and being pleasant and agreeable with peoples.

If you can't recognise that this guy is a 7, I can't do anything for you.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Magnanimous?

The primal orientation of RB is to have fun and share that with others. His humanism is reflected by his optimism about about people "everyone can be rich, etc.", not to be a rigid perfectionist like Gandhi. He is orientd toward the future and leads from the head, not from the gut.

[youtube=5BrKiG1cUPA]Richard Branson interview 1998[/youtube]

Richard B is all about fun, he is strong but his energy is more a mental energy oriented toward making plan to have fun than physical energy oriented toward power. Being a 7 he has fear and nervosity but it's barely visible, he diffuse it having fun, joking and being pleasant and agreeable with peoples.

If you can't recognise that this guy is a 7, I can't do anything for you.
    Ah yes, one of Ayn Rand's villains used a version of that last saying: "If you can't understand it, I can't explain it."

I'm just going by type descriptions. Riso's are quite in depth. I've already watched the entire TED interview in which Branson revealed his 'magnanimous type 8' nature.
    http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_bra..._000_feet.html

Note well the following Branson statement (24:50):

"We're setting up something call the 'war room' to try to coordinate all the attack that's going on in Africa, all the different social problems going on in Africa and try to look at best practices."

The reason I'm taking so long to respond is that I'm reading type 7 and 8 descriptions, especially those that are integrated and moving to 5 and 2 (respectively). As I compare the type 7 descriptions to Branson I'm still not seeing him as a 7. At least we both agree that he is integrated. But this guy gives us an opportunity to examine the integrated 8w7.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Ah yes, one of Ayn Rand's villains used a version of that last saying: "If you can't understand it, I can't explain it."

If someone can't understand someting, that means that he is too stupid to understand, so I can't explain.

I'm just going by type descriptions. Riso's are quite in depth. I've already watched the entire TED interview in which Branson revealed his 'magnanimous type 8' nature.
    http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_bra..._000_feet.html

Note well the following Branson statement (24:50):

"We're setting up something call the 'war room' to try to coordinate all the attack that's going on in Africa, all the different social problems going on in Africa and try to look at best practices."
    Richard B's life is the epithome of a 7: a gifted children and born entrepreuneur who is innovative and uncomplicated with loyalties (as opposed to a 8 who are angry and make a point that people are loyals to him and put them as protectors).

The mental fixation of the 7 is planification so it's normal if he takl about strategy, you did'nt demonstrate anything.

this guy gives us an opportunity to examine the integrated 8w7.
    No.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

If someone can't understand someting, that means that he is too stupid to understand, so I can't explain.

Richard B's life is the epithome of a 7: a gifted children and born entrepreuneur who is innovative and uncomplicated with loyalties (as opposed to a 8 who are angry and make a point that people are loyals to him and put them as protectors).

The mental fixation of the 7 is planification so it's normal if he takl about strategy, you did'nt demonstrate anything.

No.
    You're not responding to the level of integration argument; or rather, you are responding as if all 8s are average to unhealthy (being "angry and make a point that people are loyals to him"), while you evade the existence of healthy type 8s such as Richard Branson.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Richard B's life is the epithome of a 7: a gifted children and born entrepreuneur..
    A born entrepreneur? Maybe in the sense that Michael Jordan is a "born basketball player." But gifted? No. Branson denies this in the TED interview. Not only was he a slacker in school, he simply did not understand the subjects in school. He may have been gifted with "adhd" and profound inattentiveness.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

You're not responding to the level of integration argument; or rather, you are responding as if all 8s are average to unhealthy (being "angry and make a point that people are loyals to him"), while you evade the existence of healthy type 8s such as Richard Branson.
    No, the "healthy/unhealthy" shit has nothing to do with that. 8w7 who are integrated in 2 are not nice, mental and nervous like he is.

Barry White, James Brown, Barbara Walters and Courtney Love are examples of 8s integrated in 2, they take pride to be positive, seducive, possibly helpful and approchable, but they don't spend too much time thinking, they are not mental and nervous, they lead from the body, a strong and relentless energy from the body, speech commes naturally and they don't need to be funny as a defense mechanism.

[youtube=TwnnyXSt908]A RARE BARRY WHITE INTERVIEW[/youtube]
    [youtube=vfHB3By9Qrs]Larry King Interviews James Brown about Henry Stone[/youtube]
    [youtube=myUraxb_fbY]Barbara Walters - Exclusive Video Interview[/youtube]
    [youtube=qGkOlANTeEQ]COURTNEY LOVE PART 2[/youtube]

See the differences, and learn.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

A born entrepreneur? Maybe in the sense that Michael Jordan is a "born basketball player." But gifted? No. Branson denies this in the TED interview. Not only was he a slacker in school, he simply did not understand the subjects in school. He may have been gifted with "adhd" and profound inattentiveness.
    ADHD and profound inattentiveness are others clues that he is a 7. I did'nt say he was "gifted" in the scholar sense, but because he has mental agility and was witty like a typycal 7. I don't think he has a very big IQ, though it's probably somewhat above average.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

ADHD and profound inattentiveness are others clues that he is a 7. I did'nt say he was "gifted" in the scholar sense, but because he has mental agility and was witty like a typycal 7. I don't think he has a very big IQ, though it's probably somewhat above average.
    Maybe, maybe not. There is no correlation between adhd and type.

I knew a kid in grade school who was gifted at shitting himself in class.

I didn't say Branson is integrated at 2; he is a higher level 8, but of course there are 2-like aspects. The higher 8 lacks the personal touch of the 2. Recall where I said above that Branson stays separate and impersonal from the groups he helps. The integrated 8 at 2 doesn't sit in his "war room" like a general staying aloof from the fray.

Combining the two posts: Barbara Walters is a type 2. James Brown might be the integrated 8 example you're looking for. Barry White doesn't come across as particularly integrated. I think it's strange that people see Courtney Love as an 8, she might be just a disintegrated 7, there's nothing 'higher' about her personality except when she uses drugs.