Thread: Richard Branson

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    There's the controlled types (1, 3 and 5), the positives types (2, 7, 9) and the reactive types (4, 6 and 8), thoses who are overreave to the threatening in their environments. 4 overintepret what is emotionnaly implied in conversations, the 6 who are paranoid and the 8s who are always scanning for attempt of treason. Richard B is not like that at all, he is joyfull, optimist, postive and too much self-absorbed to be a 2 ot try to "give to get". The wing 8 makes him more assertive and a force that you have to deal with.

I would'nt have to take time for explain things to you if you knew the enneagram as much as you pretend.
    Look, I WROTE ARTICLES AND THEORIZED ABOUT THE ENNEAGRAM, and had the results PUBLISHED, ten years before I had internet. (Edit: that was before you were even born, by the way.)

You should not ignore the levels of integration as you do above.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    With Branson, perhaps his type depends on what time of day it is.
    I hope that was a joke.

But the Ne is also quite striking, in that Branson is always envisioning new ideas, this came out in the very beginning of the video.
    If you think Ne is the only function that creates new ideas, you are badly misinformed. Ni is also highly creative in a more synthesizing way.

ESTP's come up with many new ideas and are a common type amongst entrepreneurs. ESFP less so.

If it comes down to Ne vs Se, there is no debate. Se wins. Sorry. (You can't have both due to the structure of the model)

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    I hope that was a joke.

If you think Ne is the only function that creates new ideas, you are badly misinformed. Ni is also highly creative in a more synthesizing way.

ESTP's come up with many new ideas and are a common type amongst entrepreneurs. ESFP less so.

If it comes down to Ne vs Se, there is no debate. Se wins. Sorry. (You can't have both due to the structure of the model)
    I certainly agree that one can't have it both ways - but only because the structure you mentioned is false to the infinite complexity of human nature. The MBTI might be some personality test from out of Red Book or Cosmo, and it just happened to become wildly popular. It is a constant task here to fight against the extreme pull that something has simply because it is popular.

However, there is always room for debate. Note the last line of my signature regarding the Navajo blanket.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Look, I WROTE ARTICLES AND THEORIZED ABOUT THE ENNEAGRAM, and had the results PUBLISHED, ten years before I had internet. (Edit: that was before you were even born, by the way.)
    Thrilling.

The fact that any folk who don't know what they are talking about can write about enneagram does'nt make you more cultured or able to type. You still wrong.

You should not ignore the levels of integration as you do above.
    The levels of integration don't change the type. So, as you seem to have a hard time to understand it: you are wrong.

I will not tell you to "grow up" because it's too late for you, but it's not too late to learn, be educated and recognize your errors.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Thrilling.

The fact that any folk who don't know what they are talking about can write about enneagram does'nt make you more cultured or able to type. You still wrong.

The levels of integration don't change the type. So, as you seem to have a hard time to understand it: you are wrong.

I will not tell you to "grow up" because it's too late for you, but it's not too late to learn, be educated and recognize your errors.
    Maybe, just not from you. But if I am forced to employ the term "reactive," let's make it official.

There is a measure of creativity on a scale moving from innovative, to adaptive, to reactive. This is the context I was hoping you would mention, but you either refuse to talk about it, or you don't know about it.

But what is this "controlled, positive, reactive" stuff of yours? It's just three traits strung together without system. It is not based on creative capacity or any other principle. And it's definitely not the system I am using. It is just based on e-types, saying "these types are controlled, these types are positive, etc." In my system, the higher levels of integration are innovative, while the lower levels are reactive.

THAT is why Branson is not reactive in my system.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Maybe, just not from you. But if I am forced to employ the term "reactive," let's make it official.

There is a measure of creativity on a scale moving from innovative, to adaptive, to reactive. This is the context I was hoping you would mention, but you either refuse to talk about it, or you don't know about it.

But what is this "controlled, positive, reactive" stuff of yours? It's just three traits strung together without system. It is not based on creative capacity or any other principle. And it's definitely not the system I am using. It is just based on e-types, saying "these types are controlled, these types are positive, etc." In my system, the higher levels of integration are innovative, while the lower levels are reactive.

THAT is why Branson is not reactive in my system.
    The 9 styles of personality can be described with 2 adjectives.

There's the controlled types, the positives types and the reactives types.
    There's the compliant types, the assertives types and the withdrawing types.

1s are compliant and controlled.
    2s are compliant and positives.
    3s are assertives and controlled.
    4s are withdrawing and reactives.
    5s are withdrawing and controlled.
    6s are compliant and reactives.
    7s are assertives and positives.
    8s are assertives and reactives.
    9s are withdrawing and positives.

Richard B is assertive, he has a lot of plans, set goals and jump in it, but is not vengeful or focused on attempts of treason from people like 8s are.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

The 9 styles of personality can be described with 2 adjectives.

There's the controlled types, the positives types and the reactives types.
    There's the compliant types, the assertives types and the withdrawing types.

1s are compliant and controlled.
    2s are compliant and positives.
    3s are assertives and controlled.
    4s are withdrawing and reactives.
    5s are withdrawing and controlled.
    6s are compliant and reactives.
    7s are assertives and positives.
    8s are assertives and reactives.
    9s are withdrawing and positives.

Richard B is assertive, he has a lot of plans, set goals and jump in it, but is not vengeful or focused on attempts of treason from people like 8s are.
    That's your system. But you should have said Branson is "assertive and positive." You're certainly welcome to your system that ignores levels of integration, as if to say a type 7 at either level 1 or level 9 is assertive and positive - and as a corollary, that my type 8 at levels 1-3 is merely reactive.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

That's your system. But you should have said Branson is "assertive and positive." You're certainly welcome to your system that ignores levels of integration, as if to say a type 7 at either level 1 or level 9 is assertive and positive - and as a corollary, that my type 8 at levels 1-3 is merely reactive.
    It's not my system, it's the system. The system that you pretend to master.

I don't ignore level of integration, that simply has'nt anything to do. Level integration is a mark of your emotional state and how much you're entranced or liberate from your acquired personality. The acquired personality of the 7 is assertive and positive, not reactive. At low level of integration, 8s tend to be sociopath, 7s to be narcissist, at high level, 8s tend to be generous protectors, 7s to be visionary humanist. That's what Richard B is.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

Enneagram is a convoluted mess anyways. You can rationalize practically any combination using it.

Why can't anyone just leave it to MBTI around here. K.I.S.S.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Enneagram is a convoluted mess anyways
    It is easy to understand but difficult to master. You can rationalize your errors, but when you are wrong, you are wrong.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%