User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Richard Branson

MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    RB is definitely an ExxP. I believe we could all agree on that?

I haven't watched interviews of him. So my typing would be wrong. But typing people from interviews would be a hard thing to do.
    Everyone who is interviewed appears extroverted I've noticed .

He does give a Se dom vibe.
    Assuming he is an Se dom I select ESFP hands down.

ESTPs are somewhat tensed and are usually overkills.
    RB appears and sounds extremely easy going and peaceful.
    (Also gives a slight Hippie vibe that is somewhat xSFP and never xSTP. )
    ESFPs and my type are the most easy going extroverted types in my opinion.
    Out of that paragraph I extracted. Hippy vibe. I agree that would more correlate with ESFP.

What I can't fathom though is his great opportunism. He literally is a weasel. For example he pretended to be wanting to buy an island (which he couldn't afford), so they met him there with helicopter and wined and dined him and his girlfriend. When it turned out he couldn't afford it they booted him out. The whole living larger than life thing and pretending to be bigger than you are is typical of ESTP. Plenty more of those stories if you read up on him. Most ESTP's I know are like that.

The stunts could either be explained by performance (ESFP) or by tacky opportunism (ESTP). ESTP's do tend to be tacky.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by five View Post
    Out of that paragraph I extracted. Hippy vibe. I agree that would more correlate with ESFP.

What I can't fathom though is his great opportunism. He literally is a weasel. For example he pretended to be wanting to buy an island (which he couldn't afford), so they met him there with helicopter and wined and dined him and his girlfriend. When it turned out he couldn't afford it they booted him out. The whole living larger than life thing and pretending to be bigger than you are is typical of ESTP. Plenty more of those stories if you read up on him. Most ESTP's I know are like that.

The stunts could either be explained by performance (ESFP) or by tacky opportunism (ESTP). ESTP's do tend to be tacky.

Such guts he has. No wonder he is so rich. Success requires guts.

But,

We have to ask ourselves the question as to whether he was being tacky or was he being clever .

If he pretended to could have afford to buy the island to get laid, that could be considered tacky and also disgusting.

Did he do all that to get laid or was be being mischievous and looking to have some fun and laugh it off later with his girl friend?

In that case I believe we could both agree that was being clever .

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

That's the problem with Branson's typing. ENTP's tend to start up their own businesses, ESFP's are people persons, ESTP's are opportunistic and tacky, and ENFP's fight for world causes. Branson seems to be all of these.

That's why I agree with the OP. Branson is E__P, although I think ENTP is the most defining type. I agree with others that it isn't defining in some ways. But then, neither are the other types.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    Define "reactive type."
    This post is another proof of your ignorance.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    This post is another proof of your ignorance.
    Aren't personal insults against the rules here?

I said nothing about Branson being reactive, and there is nothing about an ENTP or a 8w7 that is necessarily reactive.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Aren't personal insults against the rules here?

I said nothing about Branson being reactive, and there is nothing about an ENTP or a 8w7 that is necessarily reactive.
    Type 8 is a reactive type, if you don't know what that mean, you are ignorant. It is not a personal insult, but a fact.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Type 8 is a reactive type, if you don't know what that mean, you are ignorant. It is not a personal insult, but a fact.
    There are no reactive enneagram types per se. I would look at levels of integration. The lower levels are always more reactive. Yet I stated that Branson was a high level type 8. What, in your world, is the opposite of reactive?

Is it too much to ask for context where all you do is blurt out insults?

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

There are no reactive enneagram types per se. I would look at levels of integration. The lower levels are always more reactive. Yet I stated that Branson was a high level type 8. What, in your world, is the opposite of reactive?

There's the controlled types (1, 3 and 5), the positives types (2, 7, 9) and the reactive types (4, 6 and 8), thoses who are overreave to the threatening in their environments. 4 overintepret what is emotionnaly implied in conversations, the 6 who are paranoid and the 8s who are always scanning for attempt of treason. Richard B is not like that at all, he is joyfull, optimist, postive and too much self-absorbed to be a 2 ot try to "give to get". The wing 8 makes him more assertive and a force that you have to deal with.

Is it too much to ask for context where all you do is blurt out insults?
    I would'nt have to take time for explain things to you if you knew the enneagram as much as you pretend.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

MBTI
    ZZZZ
    Enneagram
    5w6

That's the problem with Branson's typing. ENTP's tend to start up their own businesses, ESFP's are people persons, ESTP's are opportunistic and tacky, and ENFP's fight for world causes. Branson seems to be all of these.

That's why I agree with the OP. Branson is E__P, although I think ENTP is the most defining type. I agree with others that it isn't defining in some ways. But then, neither are the other types.
    All fine and well, but you missing the fact that Branson is massively Se. And hence, this rules out NP.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

All fine and well, but you missing the fact that Branson is massively Se. And hence, this rules out NP.
    With Branson, perhaps his type depends on what time of day it is. That's why I agree with the OP, and only see E and P with a mish-mash of traits beyond that. Elf thinks he has some auxiliary Fi going because of his philanthropic nature. But that could be Fe. There is no doubt about the Se, as a cognitive style at least: having to understand "net" versus "gross" imaginatively, in terms of an actual net with fish in it.

But the Ne is also quite striking, in that Branson is always envisioning new ideas, this came out in the very beginning of the video.