User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 26

  1. #1
    Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default DN's Author Type List VI

    INFP
    Homer
    Virgil
    Miguel de Cervantes
    William Shakespeare
    John Keats
    François-René de Chateaubriand
    Washington Irving
    Emily Bronte
    Mary Shelley
    Harriet Beecher Stowe
    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
    Herman Melville
    Henry James
    Virginia Woolf
    E M Forster
    Aldous Huxley
    George Orwell
    Albert Camus
    Jack Kerouac
    Herman Hesse
    Charlotte Perkins Gilman
    Willa Cather
    Tennessee Williams
    Eugene O'Neill
    A A Milne
    Hans Christian Andersen
    Beatrix Potter
    Leon Bloy
    Marcel Proust
    Thomas Mann
    J D Salinger
    Harper Lee
    Madeleine L'Engle
    Jean Rhys
    Alice Walker
    James Herriot
    Kazuo Ishiguro
    Chuck Palahniuk
    Sebastien Faulks
    Zadie Smith
    Yukio Mishima
    Bret Easton Ellis
    Alan Moore
    David Foster Wallace
    Terry Pratchett
    Neil Gaiman
    Haruki Murakami
    Terry Brooks
    Douglas Coupland
    Dylan Thomas
    Lu Xun
    Italo Calvino
    Gabriel Garcia Marquez
    Gore Vidal
    Michael Ondaatje
    Chinua Achebe
    Dave Eggers
    Maya Angelou
    Paul Auster
    Novalis
    Pat Conroy
    Robert Frost
    William Hazlitt
    Stephen Chbosky
    Carson McCullers
    Anna Sewell
    Hubert Selby Jr
    Irvine Welsh
    Patrick Süskind
    Paul Claudel
    Christina Rossetti
    John Berryman
    Thomas Gray
    Iain Banks
    Bill Bryson
    E E Cummings
    Petrarch
    Thomas Hardy
    Charles Bukowski
    Robert Browning
    Leo Tolstoy
    John Milton
    J R R Tolkien


    INFJ
    Geoffrey Chaucer
    Dante
    Goethe
    William Blake
    Emily Dickinson
    Charlotte Bronte
    Robert Burns
    Robert Louis Stevenson
    George Eliot
    Nathaniel Hawthorne
    Nella Larsen
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
    Joseph Conrad
    G K Chesterton
    Charles Peguy
    Simone De Beauvoir
    W Somerset Maugham
    Anthony Burgess
    Graham Greene
    Vladimir Nabokov
    Harold Pinter
    Gabriel Marcel
    Guy Gavriel Kay
    Stephen R. Donaldson
    Piers Anthony
    William Faulkner
    Kurt Vonnegut
    Tom Wolfe
    Salman Rushdie
    Anne Rice
    Dan Brown
    Milan Kundera
    Ian McEwan
    Angela Carter
    Tom Stoppard
    Gerard Manley Hopkins
    John Buchan
    Sylvia Plath
    Khalil Gibran
    Donald Barthelme
    Arthur Miller
    Alexander Solzhenitsyn
    Anaïs Nin
    Joan Didion
    Victor Hugo
    Orson Scott Card
    James Joyce
    Vladimir Nabokov
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
    W B Yeats
    Stephen King
    Walter Pater
    J K Rowling


    INTJ
    Jonathan Swift
    Jane Austen
    C S Lewis
    T S Eliot
    Ayn Rand
    Samuel Beckett
    Michael Crichton
    Cormac McCarthy
    Philip Pullman
    Ernst Jünger
    Norman MacLean
    Wallace Stevens
    William S. Burroughs
    Ursula Le Guin
    Gustave Flaubert
    Ted Hughes
    Philip Larkin
    Frederick Douglass
    Alexander Pope
    J G Ballard
    Flannery O'Connor
    Juvenal
    Henry Fielding
    John Webster
    Nikolai Gogol
    Thomas Bernhard
    Philip Roth


    INTP
    Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    Henry David Thoreau
    Joseph Heller
    Philip K Dick
    Isaac Asimov
    Martin Amis
    Thomas Pynchon
    Kingsley Amis
    William Gaddis
    Evelyn Waugh
    Lemony Snicket
    Will Self
    Edgar Allen Poe
    Robert A Heinlein
    H P Lovecraft
    J M Coetzee
    Umberto Eco
    Neal Stephenson
    Margaret Atwood
    Franz Kafka
    Robert Walser
    Knut Hamsun
    William Makepeace Thackeray
    H G Wells
    Thomas De Quincey
    Robert Musil


    ENTP
    Thomas More
    Lewis Caroll
    Oscar Wilde
    Truman Capote
    Hunter S Thompson
    Douglas Adams
    Hilaire Belloc
    Ray Bradbury
    Roald Dahl
    Diana Wynne Jones
    Voltaire
    Jules Verne
    Ken Kesey
    Henry Miller
    Allen Ginsberg
    D H Lawrence
    Charles Baudelaire
    Arthur Rimbaud
    Michel de Montaigne
    Tom Robbins
    John Donne
    Lord Byron
    Christopher Marlowe


    ISFP
    John Steinbeck
    Ian Fleming
    Jeanette Winterson
    Daphne Du Maurier
    Mario Puzo
    John Irving
    William Wordsworth
    Colin MacInnes
    Quentin Blake
    F Scott Fitzgerald
    J M Barrie
    John Ashberry
    Don DeLillo
    Alex Garland


    ISFJ
    Alfred, Lord Tennyson
    Louisa May Alcott
    John Betjeman
    Seamus Heaney
    Samuel Richardson
    W H Auden
    Jeffrey Eugenides
    Laura Ingalls Wilder
    Arthur Conan Doyle
    Agatha Christie


    ENFP
    Charles Dickens
    Mark Twain
    Alexander Pushkin
    Edith Wharton
    L. Ron Hubbard
    Upton Sinclair
    Alexander Dumas
    Percy Shelley
    Thomas Kyd
    Walt Whitman
    Jay McInerney
    John Gay


    ENFJ
    Ivan Turgenev
    Toni Morrison
    Enid Blyton
    Ezra Pound
    Nick Hornby
    John Updike
    Stephen Fry


    ENTJ
    Jack London
    George Bernard Shaw
    Frank Herbert
    Daniel Defoe
    Dan Simmons


    ESTP
    Ernest Hemingway
    Norman Mailer


    ISTJ
    Ben Jonson
    William Wycherley


    ISTP
    P G Wodehouse
    Frank Miller


    ESTJ
    Samuel Johnson


    ESFP
    Stephanie Meyer


    Incomplete typings
    Georges Bernanos: xNFP
    Taras Shevchenko: xNFP
    Arthur C Clarke: xNTx
    Adam Mickiewicz: INFx
    William Golding: INTx
    Rudyard Kipling: xNFx
    Elizabeth Barrett Browning: xNFx
    Bram Stoker: INFx
    Sinclair Lewis: IxFx
    John Ford: EnfJ
    Benjamin Disraeli: ENxx
    Peter S Beagle: xNFx
    Patrick Süskind: INxP
    Katherine Mansfield: xNFx
    Thomas Love Peacock: INTP?
    C. S. Forester: INxJ
    Raymond Chandler: ISTx
    L P Hartley: IxFJ
    Joyce Carol Oates: INxP
    Anton Chekhov: xNFP
    Amos Oz: INxP
    Dorothy Parker: IxxP
    Last edited by dynamiteninja; 12-22-2009 at 08:20 PM.
    4w5 sp

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    38

    Default

    That's a big list you have there. What are those based on?

    Someone please type Michael Chabon.

  3. #3
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    ^ Opinions!

    Looking good too...I like this list
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  4. #4
    Senior Member Space_Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    CAT
    Posts
    359

    Default

    J. K. Rowling is definitely an INFJ.

    You have Angela Carter under both INFP and INFJ - I'm pretty sure she's an INFJ. (I love her, btw!)

    I'd add J. R. R. Tolkien and Sherwood Anderson to the INFP authors.

    I think that Virginia Woolf is more INFJ though. William Faulkner is an INFJ as well, imo.

    Considering that an ENTP classmate of mine from high school highly identifies with Robert Musil's works, I'd say that Robert Musil might be an INTP.

    I agree on many others though... it looks like a good list

  5. #5
    Member Zenihita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Charles Bukowski - INFP?
    I object I have no arguments to support my objections, but still. How can he be INFP?
    And Arthur Rimbaud as ENTP doesn't seem right as well. Although he could be.

    This is the most useless comment ever, sorry

    EDIT: I'll add some speculation: on Bukowski, it's his focus on sex and violence and general attitude towards these things that swayed me, giving an impression of a sensor I guess, but I checked his biography and tried to remember his writing, and he might as well be INFP. A kind of a burnout version
    As for Rimbaud, it's purely personal impression, he's my favourite poet, so you know I would think (or want) him to be a NF. But when you really analyze his poems, he doesn't appear to be F.
    Last edited by Zenihita; 12-18-2009 at 07:17 AM.

  6. #6
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Junk dumped.

    Keep responses sensible and contributing SOMETHING to the discussion, please.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  7. #7
    Welcome to Sunnyside Mondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    This is a long list.
    I definitely can't touch base on all of them.. but I'll do my best for a few.

    I agree with you that Mark Twain is an ENFP.
    He writes so much like one. His stories are filled with cynicism but at the same time, a wish and hope that things can change for the better.

    I would argue that Aldous Huxley and George Orwell were more so ENFP's than INFP's actually- since neither of them really seemed uncomfortable with the prospect of being thrust into the public spotlight like an INFP write would.

    Isaac Asimov was definitely an INTP- I'd possibly say ENTP since he's written so much but his speaking style seems more like an Introvert than Extravert. Watch any video with him and you'll see for yourself. He speaks clearly and takes his time to make sure what he says is precise.. while an ENTP just doesn't care about that as much.

    Jane Austen.. I've always had a hard time deciding whether she was an INTJ or ESFJ. That's probably because IMO Fitzwilliam Darcy is a clear INTJ but Elizabeth Bennett is a clear ESFJ.
    It's easy to think that she is the same type as Elizabeth BUT her writing style seems so much more NT-ish.. I'm tempted to agree with you on INTJ.

    James Joyce, IMO, was more likely an INFP than INFJ. I've only read "Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man", but I'm assuming his main character Stephen was supposed to be somewhat based on himself.. and he was very open-ended, letting his emotions and passion for art lead him to his "destiny".

    Ayn Rand.. I've read all of her fiction. A lot of people here are going to disagree with me but I don't think she's an INTJ at all. ISTJ fits her a lot better.
    Ayn Rand wasn't interested in looking for new information to help adapt her philosophy. She was very narrow in this respect. The quest of knowledge didn't seem to interest her much at all.. not that SJ's can't be interested in knowledge.. but it's a primary character trait of an NT.

    From reading her fiction alone, it's easy to think of her as an NT. However, when you look at the woman herself, there is some doubt.

    People described her as forceful and overbearing. She also actively extinguished any sort of dissent and was 100% stubborn about her ideas- in the sense that she wouldn't even allow a moment to think about it.. while, I would think, the INTJ would, by principle, want his/her ideas to be so logically consistent that even if someone were to point out a flaw.. while the INTJ's ego could be hurt- the INTJ would test and see how this works into his/her philosophy. Ayn Rand just didn't care about that. She wanted to belong to a group of "superior, enlightened people".. which is a desire of a neurotic SJ.

    Ray Bradbury is clearly an INFP. Watch any video of him and you'll see.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

  8. #8
    Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    I would argue that Aldous Huxley and George Orwell were more so ENFP's than INFP's actually- since neither of them really seemed uncomfortable with the prospect of being thrust into the public spotlight like an INFP write would.
    This is very interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    James Joyce, IMO, was more likely an INFP than INFJ. I've only read "Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man", but I'm assuming his main character Stephen was supposed to be somewhat based on himself.. and he was very open-ended, letting his emotions and passion for art lead him to his "destiny".
    Interesting. Stephen certainly seems to me to be an INFP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Ayn Rand.. I've read all of her fiction. A lot of people here are going to disagree with me but I don't think she's an INTJ at all. ISTJ fits her a lot better.
    Ayn Rand wasn't interested in looking for new information to help adapt her philosophy. She was very narrow in this respect. The quest of knowledge didn't seem to interest her much at all.. not that SJ's can't be interested in knowledge.. but it's a primary character trait of an NT.

    From reading her fiction alone, it's easy to think of her as an NT. However, when you look at the woman herself, there is some doubt.

    People described her as forceful and overbearing. She also actively extinguished any sort of dissent and was 100% stubborn about her ideas- in the sense that she wouldn't even allow a moment to think about it.. while, I would think, the INTJ would, by principle, want his/her ideas to be so logically consistent that even if someone were to point out a flaw.. while the INTJ's ego could be hurt- the INTJ would test and see how this works into his/her philosophy. Ayn Rand just didn't care about that. She wanted to belong to a group of "superior, enlightened people".. which is a desire of a neurotic SJ.
    Interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Ray Bradbury is clearly an INFP. Watch any video of him and you'll see.
    ??? I don't see INFP at all!
    4w5 sp

  9. #9
    Senior Member Space_Oddity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    CAT
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Jane Austen.. I've always had a hard time deciding whether she was an INTJ or ESFJ. That's probably because IMO Fitzwilliam Darcy is a clear INTJ but Elizabeth Bennett is a clear ESFJ.
    It's easy to think that she is the same type as Elizabeth BUT her writing style seems so much more NT-ish.. I'm tempted to agree with you on INTJ.
    I'm sorry but --
    Elizabeth Bennet an ESFJ????!!!!!!!
    I strongly disagree with this typing. In my opinion, Elizabeth is definitely an ENTP (I've seen her typed as an ENFP as well, but I think she's more of an intellectual and her and Darcy are philosophical soulmates). The archetypal ESFJ in P&P is her mother - an almost polar opposite of Elizabeth and extremely annoying to INTJ Darcy.
    I'd think that Austen was either an INTJ or an ENTP - definitely a type that has a great insight into human characters and can observe them, analyze them and make fun of them from a rather detached perspective. That sounds nothing like an ESFJ, imo.

  10. #10
    Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    I'm sorry but --
    Elizabeth Bennet an ESFJ????!!!!!!!
    I strongly disagree with this typing. In my opinion, Elizabeth is definitely an ENTP (I've seen her typed as an ENFP as well, but I think she's more of an intellectual and her and Darcy are philosophical soulmates). The archetypal ESFJ in P&P is her mother - an almost polar opposite of Elizabeth and extremely annoying to INTJ Darcy.
    I'd think that Austen was either an INTJ or an ENTP - definitely a type that has a great insight into human characters and can observe them, analyze them and make fun of them from a rather detached perspective. That sounds nothing like an ESFJ, imo.
    The Austen debate seems to have moved to the INFJ thread... That shouldn't mean this thread is dead though!
    4w5 sp

Similar Threads

  1. DN's Author Type List
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 03-23-2017, 01:34 PM
  2. DN's Author Type List III
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 05-18-2014, 03:07 PM
  3. DN's Author Type List V
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 09:41 AM
  4. DN's Author Type List IV
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-12-2009, 08:01 PM
  5. DN's Author Type List II
    By dynamiteninja in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-26-2009, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO