User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    CAT

I've started thinking about children's authors...

Astrid Lindgren - I don't know much about her life, but judging by her books she was almost certainly an NFP. The Fi seems very strong and I think I see quite a lot of Si in some of her books (like Six Bullerby Children), so I guess INFP.

Jacqueline Wilson - seems like an NFP as well; I haven't read the book about her childhood yet, but vast majority of her heroines are introverts, so I would say an INFP also. Her writing style is also suspiciously similar to mine.

I wonder about Cornelia Funke...
    Her head hung down
    Gazed at earth, finally keen,
    As the rabbit at the stoat,
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed
    Like chestnut leaves along the ground.

- SUSAN ANN AND IMMORTALITY, T. E. Hulme

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    I've started thinking about children's authors...

Astrid Lindgren - I don't know much about her life, but judging by her books she was almost certainly an NFP. The Fi seems very strong and I think I see quite a lot of Si in some of her books (like Six Bullerby Children), so I guess INFP.

Jacqueline Wilson - seems like an NFP as well; I haven't read the book about her childhood yet, but vast majority of her heroines are introverts, so I would say an INFP also. Her writing style is also suspiciously similar to mine.

I wonder about Cornelia Funke...
    Just as you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, you shouldn't judge a writer by his book. There will obviously be some hints in anything a person writes--writing is just another form of self-expression, after all--but sometimes a writer will exaggerate an aspect of their personality in order to explore an issue which, though it may not be a huge deal in their own life, they still consider important to humanity in general. Another thing that can lead to confusion (and this can combine with the previous issue) is when a writer makes use of certain themes that aren't particularly relevant to them in order to give themselves a platform for themes that are relevant to them. I know that if people were to judge my personality on the basis of my first two books, they would probably call me an E6 INFP, simply because I was exploring issues that are central to that personality more than they're central to my own (although there was still, of course, a certain amount therapy and self-expression involved [particularly in the issues that exist in spite of the E6 INFP themes], or I wouldn't have wanted to write those books in the first place).
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    Just as you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, you shouldn't judge a writer by his book. There will obviously be some hints in anything a person writes--writing is just another form of self-expression, after all--but sometimes a writer will exaggerate an aspect of their personality in order to explore an issue which, though it may not be a huge deal in their own life, they still consider important to humanity in general. Another thing that can lead to confusion (and this can combine with the previous issue) is when a writer makes use of certain themes that aren't particularly relevant to them in order to give themselves a platform for themes that are relevant to them. I know that if people were to judge my personality on the basis of my first two books, they would probably call me an E6 INFP, simply because I was exploring issues that are central to that personality more than they're central to my own (although there was still, of course, a certain amount therapy and self-expression involved [particularly in the issues that exist in spite of the E6 INFP themes], or I wouldn't have wanted to write those books in the first place).
    I take it into consideration, but I still think that imagination is one of the highest forms of self-expression, and having read almost all of the books by these authors and having observed the topics that are repeated all the time, I think that the personality type becomes fairly distinct. Also, I think than Ne vs. Ni becomes very clear in writing style after a while, as well as F and T. Overall, I think it's much better to judge an author by their books than by their life.
    Her head hung down
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    I would argue that Aldous Huxley and George Orwell were more so ENFP's than INFP's actually- since neither of them really seemed uncomfortable with the prospect of being thrust into the public spotlight like an INFP write would.
    At school, Orwell was very introverted and hated the lack of solitude boarding school offered. He chose a rather solitary profession. Fi seems to be his primary function, followed by Ne.

Huxley I don't know as well. xNFP however.
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    CAT

Does anyone have any idea about Kate Chopin's type?

I've just read The Awakening and I'm thinking INTJ (certainly a Ni-dom). I'm forced to compare her with Sherwood Anderson (INFP), and it's incredible pain. -_- Sherwood Anderson is so "revealed", almost fairy-tale like, whereas Chopin is on one hand so realistic, and on the other hand so symbolic... It's really a weird comparison.
    Her head hung down
    Till the earth was sky,
    Sky that was green,
    And brown clouds passed

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram