(y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP

Default Kurt Cobain

Definite iNtuitive.

NF or NT.

How would you type him? It's hard considering the drugs and health problems since they wouldve had a strong impact on personality.

an early guess would be intp or infp.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sakuraba View Post
    Definite iNtuitive.

NF or NT.

How would you type him? It's hard considering the drugs and health problems since they wouldve had a strong impact on personality.

an early guess would be intp or infp.
    I agree he is an iNtuitor. Is there a reason you are certain of introversion? ENTP seems remotely possible, although my impression leans towards introversion as well. For some reason INFP/INTP doesn't quite fit at least in my mind. That is what is throwing me off. My first inclination was also to assume P, but the more I think about it, there might be an argument to be made for J - mostly because there is Ni quality to his expression (imo), a strong inner vision, certain type of paradox, and structured drive in his expression. To have Ni as a dominant or secondary function, you have to be a J.

edit: The IN-- bit is compelling. I'd suggest keeping INTP, INFP on the table and add INTJ, INFJ for consideration as well.

Another consideration comparing the T - F axis:
    INTP Ti Ne Si Fe

INTJ Ni Te Fi Se

INFJ Ni Fe Ti Se

INFP Fi Ne Si Te

As you can see the INTJ has a stronger Feeling function than the INTP, and the the INFJ Feeling function is weaker than the INFP. The relationship between the Feeling functions for the INFJ:INFP is equally proportional to the INTJ:INFJ in terms of relative strength.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I would say INTP.
    i don't think he is an NF because when he writes songs he is kind of detached emotionally, and generally NFs (or any F) will pour their feelings out in a song.

Definitely NT, i'm not really sure about the I or the P. Although he doesn't seem very INTJish or ENTJish.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

My guess is ISFP. Artisans make music too.

He was under the influence of heroin which muddied his presentation and would have affected his type preferences and how they manifested. He just came across to me as a *naturally* quiet and retiring guy who was under way too much pressure with few coping skills.

I remember reading a book (sorry can't recall the title) that generalized (so yeah, insert grain of salt here) that Sensors tended more toward substance abuse than other preferences. He also had a family history of suicide and mental illness (and I think substance abuse), which unfortunately is correlated with suicide attempts.

I have no knowledge of his mental health history, but if he had any mood disorder at all, he was at risk for suicide with all of those factors combined.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    I would say INTP.
    i don't think he is an NF because when he writes songs he is kind of detached emotionally, and generally NFs (or any F) will pour their feelings out in a song.

Definitely NT, i'm not really sure about the I or the P. Although he doesn't seem very INTJish or ENTJish.
    That would be generally true, I think. FWIW, not all NFs approach it that way - some actually resist the idea of it a bit. Here's one description of the INFJ mental factory busy at work in the creative process:

INFJ Ni Fe Ti Se
    Incoming data is based on truckloads of values, feeling, and sensations of the concrete world. These are then internally organized using Ni and Ti. You could think of Ni as the managers who never throw anything out, but save it for future use. Their drive is to make as many meaningful connections as possible between the incoming data to form an architecture of meaning that can be reduced to simpler, underlying principles. The more this system has the capacity to successfully connect what appears on the surface to be conflicting data, the more secure the overall architecture of thought. To assist in this process, there are hoards of worker Ti, little logicians who work tirelessly to find logical progressions in the incoming data. These are offered to the overseeing iNuition to place them in alignment with the underlying principles. The raw material is based on the values and sensations of the concrete world, which are then restructured into an abstract representation of their underlying meaning and relationships. Basically, concrete in - abstract out. This process lends itself to constructing sound whose material is based on Se and Fe, but requires Ni and Ti to structure it meaningfully. Composers who generate larger forms with more abstract interrelationships suggest this type.

I'd have to think up representations of the other type's creative processes, although they are not my home base, so it might be a little *off*.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

My first guess would be ISFP, but I'm not really sure enough is known about him to accurately type him. His personality is rebellious and edgy like an SP, but he could easily also be some type of NF that acts this way because of a troubled childhood.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENFP

INFP. with out a doubt.
    A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is visible labour and there is invisible labour.
    -Victor Hugo
    Likes labyrinthine liked this post

MBTI
    INFP

I highly doubt that he's an NT. Everything that I've read of what he's written and said is very values-laden. Personally, I've never known an INTP who was into drugs. IXFPs are famous for it.

MBTI
    ENFP

Moody, obsessed with originality, heavily abstracted lyrics,
    "She eyes me like a Pisces when I am weak, I've been locked inside your heart-shaped box for weeks."
    antagonistic towards popularity and the mainstream, isolative, highly sentimental towards a small group, famous as a lyricist not a performer, made albums and wrote songs specifically to alienate listeners whom he felt didn't quote on quote 'get it'. for example: In the song In Bloom "He's the one who likes all our pretty songs, and he likes to sing along and he likes to shoot his gun,. But he don't know what it means, no he don't know what it means. Not to mention Smells like Teen Spirit, which he ended up loathing and refusing to play.

INFP or I am the Queen of England.
    A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is visible labour and there is invisible labour.
    -Victor Hugo

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by gretch View Post
    Moody, obsessed with originality, heavily abstracted lyrics,
    "She eyes me like a Pisces when I am weak, I've been locked inside your heart-shaped box for weeks."
    antagonistic towards popularity and the mainstream, isolative, highly sentimental towards a small group, famous as a lyricist not a performer, made albums and wrote songs specifically to alienate listeners whom he felt didn't quote on quote 'get it'. for example: In the song In Bloom "He's the one who likes all our pretty songs, and he likes to sing along and he likes to shoot his gun,. But he don't know what it means, no he don't know what it means. Not to mention Smells like Teen Spirit, which he ended up loathing and refusing to play.

INFP or I am the Queen of England.
    That description probably fits ISFP more than INFP. Also while botn IxFP types are pretty intense inwardly it's easier to see outwardly on an ISFP. You could easily see Cobain's intensity. He could never be confused with someone wearing rose colored glasses.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com