• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Kurt Cobain

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
just watched the new documentary on him, montage of heck. maybe it was just the perspective of the filmmaker, but there was a lot of emphasis on his shame and intense hatred of being humiliated or criticized. made me lean towards 4w5>5w4. still INFP.

(really good movie btw. even though courtney love makes me wanna puke.)

Do you buy into the theory that she killed him? Frankly, I can believe that he offed himself.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you buy into the theory that she killed him? Frankly, I can believe that he offed himself.

i definitely used to believe that at one point and still do a little bit in the back of my mind. either way, i'm sure she wasn't a good person to have around for his mental health. choosing her as a partner is almost a suicidal act. he certainly did write about killing himself a lot.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i definitely used to believe that at one point and still do a little bit in the back of my mind. either way, i'm sure she wasn't a good person to have around for his mental health. choosing her as a partner is almost a suicidal act. he certainly did write about killing himself a lot.

The working title for In Utero was "I Hate Myself and Want to Die." I don't know the details of their relationship, but it could be true in a metaphorical sense, I suppose.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Also, the coolest men I have known with the coolest taste in music don't "get" Tori Amos because of her Ni, bc they are Si. Si opposes Ni, like wtf is this shit, and these awesome eccentric musically inclined SJs could not deal with Tori Amos.

I find it odd that the coolest would be Si. I thought the cool kids at school were Se types, but maybe I am not understanding what cool means.

I like Tori. Not like, heaps and heaps, but I do still listen to her. Some songs I don't like but the INFJ I showed them to didn't like those particular songs either, unless they were doing some magical thing where they were listening to the songs from my perspective or something.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
just watched the new documentary on him, montage of heck. maybe it was just the perspective of the filmmaker, but there was a lot of emphasis on his shame and intense hatred of being humiliated or criticized. made me lean towards 4w5>5w4. still INFP.

I found the documentary to be really mesmerizing and I agree he was an INFP 4w5. It was a little hard to watch because you could see the train barreling down the tracks from his early childhood. His life with Courtney just accelerated it. I don't think she had anything to do with his death though, that was coming, regardless.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

4w5 seemed super obvious after watching that. I'd say 4w5 so/sx.

Not sold on Ne... Obvious Fi-dom child, but the hyper-activity stuff is weird. I think ISFP is very possible and people type N due to 4w5.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I found the documentary to be really mesmerizing and I agree he was an INFP 4w5. It was a little hard to watch because you could see the train barreling down the tracks from his early childhood. His life with Courtney just accelerated it. I don't think she had anything to do with his death though, that was coming, regardless.

Agreed. I've got a buddy of mine who worships Nirvana and is completely convinced that CL planned or orchestrated his death. Doing my own research though, which this documentary just confirmed, is that it was a question of "when" not "if". You can see the signs pointing to it looooooong before he actually committed suicide.

violett

4w5 seemed super obvious after watching that. I'd say 4w5 so/sx.

Not sold on Ne... Obvious Fi-dom child, but the hyper-activity stuff is weird. I think ISFP is very possible and people type N due to 4w5.

I've seen an interview where he says that people read into his lyrics looking for meaning when his lyrics are just whatever happens to spew out of him at the time he wrote the song, something along the lines of random pieces of poetry. I agree on the Isfp typing, but I've seen him as more of a 5w4 rather than 4w5.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFP 4w5-6w7-9w1 sx/sp no doubt by any means!

plastic ciel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Unhealthy ISFP with an unhealthy ENTJ wife.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, to all those who say he wasn't an N---He hated sports, he wasn't very active, he was this strange awkward eccentric kid, who liked all this weird kitsch alternative stuff that most people during that period were demented. So, yeah...

Having lots of energy doesn't mean your not an N; I am the same way. I've always struggled with having too much energy forever, and I cannot sit around all day, I usually need to burn it off in some fashion or another. Like, I don't think all N's sit around all day just thinking endlessly about things. I think he was just...well I mean, he wasn't very well educated was he? that's probably why his Ne, if he had any wasn't all that apparent.

plastic ciel

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, to all those who say he wasn't an N---He hated sports, he wasn't very active, he was this strange awkward eccentric kid, who liked all this weird kitsch alternative stuff that most people during that period were demented. So, yeah...

That sport thing really has nothing to do with being N/S. I'm a very unactive, lazy, sport-hating ISTJ. I have a ton of N friends who are athletes. As for eccentric; Se loves being strange, awkward for shock value. He shocked people; he was good at it, it came naturally to him. Also, lots of SPs like alternative stuff, find it cool for what it is, and not the theory behind it.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
People... people...people... stop this nonsense! INFP 4w5 sx/sp and nothing else.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INxP 4w5. There's no way we can actually tell if he was analyzing the world from a rational or irrational standpoint. "Oh, the lyrics are so filled with emotion, take Rape Me or Lithium." It doesn't matter, that doesn't mean he's a feeler. Ti-user musicians often end up with more reflective/angsty, unusual concepts. (Many written by Fs use the relationships/breakup tropes) He is one intuitive artist I would say is borderline thinking and feeling, much like myself, and we can't accurately reach a conclusion of Ti vs. Fi for him.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I now think INFP quite strongly. He is a clear example of a Fi-dom. His sense of morality was consistent even with the lifestyle changes of fame. In his interviews he comes across very much as a Feeler.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
WTF??? Is this a collective mental diarrhea case?? It's really a no brainer. Kurt Cobain was a 5w4 INFP.
The person who said ENFJ especially needs a reality check. But really, to consider Kurt Cobain anything other than an INFP is totally insane.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agreed. I've got a buddy of mine who worships Nirvana and is completely convinced that CL planned or orchestrated his death. Doing my own research though, which this documentary just confirmed, is that it was a question of "when" not "if". You can see the signs pointing to it looooooong before he actually committed suicide.

Yes but she was behind the documentary, so of course the doc was written with a very clear agenda in mind. In fact, it was too obvious at times, and it's the reason why i didnt like it. Cant wait for the other one which should be out soon.