EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

INFP 5w4 Sx/Sp.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    INTj Ne

Most likely an ISFP. He was very impulsive with his drug use, very detailed in his lyrics. He was also quite reserved and poetic. This "poetic" side of him is really what I think brings out his F. Not all Fi users are just writing songs about how girls break their heart and pouring their emotions out. He just had a certain vibe that seemed more detached emotionally. But that doesn't make him a thinker. Lots of Fi users can appear detached emotionally. In fact, feeling doesn't always mean being emotional. It's just the fact that the way he expressed himself in songs was very much geared toward how he felt about things, but he did in a very discrete way. You almost wouldn't think that he was an Fi user.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

no way...he's an infp. he's a major fi user and a major idealist. i think his 5 wing is strong tho.

edit: i may actually think he's 5w4
    Likes pinkgraffiti liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I LOVE him- but don't know enough about his inner workings. Also- drugs would highly alter his personality type as well as depression. So he was an unhealthy version of whatever his core type was. RIP- I really loved him.
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I tend to believe he was an INFP rather than an ISFP. As a teenager I probably identified with him being an Fi dom, but his lyrics are pretty fanciful, like lets hang around and float on clouds, when he was like 27 not 14...he had more of the random, dreamy quality I have come to associate with Ne types (and know I am not one).

I think what may seem Ni ab him is that some of his lyrics only make sense to him (like INFJ Tori Amos) but mostly they are random and silly, versus attempting to construct a unified concept like Tori Amos did with songs like Yes,Anastasia and albums like Strange Little Girls.

Kurt Cobain reminds me more of Gingko than he does Me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    I'd think heroin would make him seem more of an ISFP than anything.. but from reading his journals and interviews with him he never struck me as a very in the moment kind of person.
    I agree. Kurt Cobain struck me as a person very uncomfortable with celebrity, who made himself smaller on stage (no Se pop or perk up) who expressed being in the grip of Te under Fi by smashing a few guitars. He struck me as someone who knew how he would ethically feel about things in advance...he expressed strong Fi ethics with random Ne lyrics rather than Se examples, say like Bob Dylan or Jared Leto.

He just has that vibe. Like...Nick Cave.

Um...the Cure, Robert Smith, another INFP with dreamy lyrics who makes himself less of a presence on stage, not more. Kind of goes more into himself, have actually seen him live.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Also, off topic, I don't want to get into it about Tori Amos, I thought she might be NFP when I understood a lot less about personality theory, and I will now defend her to the death as INFJ because of her intense unified concepts, rather than intense ethical under tone. On stage she also communicate directly with the audience, really pointed and warm, like an Fe type, makes eye contact, can be summed up by, "girls, girls, what have we done to ourselves girls."

Also, the coolest men I have known with the coolest taste in music don't "get" Tori Amos because of her Ni, bc they are Si. Si opposes Ni, like wtf is this shit, and these awesome eccentric musically inclined SJs could not deal with Tori Amos.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ENFp Ne

KURT SCREAMS FI. There is no way that Fi isn't his dominant function. I know Fi when I see it.
    Hey! Take this bomb survey about human happiness. It's pretty open-ended, and it's for a fun project I'm doing because why not?

Link:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ina...?usp=send_form

Tumblr: enfpiss

Go follow me!

MBTI
    ENFP

ISFP is my instictive reaction.
    "Sometimes I can feel my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living."
    —Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

just watched the new documentary on him, montage of heck. maybe it was just the perspective of the filmmaker, but there was a lot of emphasis on his shame and intense hatred of being humiliated or criticized. made me lean towards 4w5>5w4. still INFP.

(really good movie btw. even though courtney love makes me wanna puke.)